Looking for a decent KB and Mouse for sub 200$

biascoblix

So cutting to the chase. looking for a decent mouse and keyboard. I'm not a huge pro elite gamer so just looking for a decent thing that can hold up for a few years. I also do 3d and a lot of typing so i need something that would comfortable for non gaming stuff too.

so far I came across the Cooler master MK750 which is apparently a pretty decent mechanical keyboard. What do you think of it ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0776YPLVZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1FEO2FBXOY7WI&psc=1

I'm also looking for a decent mouse. I was gonna go with Steelseries. The Rival 110. But i'm open for suggestions. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LD4YY6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Also looking for a mousepad, is the xl mousepads good.. the ones that fits both the keyboard and mouse.. i was gonna go with the steelseries qck stitched xl, but again open with suggestions..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJ5TTLM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

just a side note: I'm limited to amazon and international shipping..

9 minutes ago, biascoblix said:

So cutting to the chase. looking for a decent mouse and keyboard. I'm not a huge pro elite gamer so just looking for a decent thing that can hold up for a few years. I also do 3d and a lot of typing so i need something that would comfortable for non gaming stuff too.

so far I came across the Cooler master MK750 which is apparently a pretty decent mechanical keyboard. What do you think of it ?

I'm also looking for a decent mouse. I was gonna go with Steelseries. The Rival 110. But i'm open for suggestions. 

Also looking for a mousepad, is the xl mousepads good.. the ones that fits both the keyboard and mouse.. i was gonna go with the steelseries qck stitched xl, but again open with suggestions..

Are you gonna use the mouse for any gaming? or just work?

13 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Are you gonna use the mouse for any gaming? or just work?

Both

USD? 

Ducky One 2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B68JMMD/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_YofvDb2834MDF

MX Master: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YZJ1G1/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_tYfvDbRK5J93Z

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 minute ago, BrinkGG said:

yeah usd but shipping to Egypt.. any reasons why i'd choose the ducky instead the cooler master ? And this specefic listing doesn't ship internationally 

The MX master i think is too heavy. 

yeah usd but shipping to Egypt.. any reasons why i'd choose the ducky instead the cooler master ? And this specefic listing doesn't ship internationally 

The MX master i think is too heavy. 

Okay. So for the keyboard, Ducky keyboards seem to be way more durable from my experience. That's mainly personal preference and the only thing I'll stress is real Cherry MX switches. They just last longer. 

For the mouse, look at something like a G703 Lightspeed then. Wireless keyboards are quickly becoming the norm for pro esports players, and if they trust it, I'll believe that us plebians can move to wireless now. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Get a keyboard from Ducky, Filco, Leopold or Cooler Master.  Cooler Master boards are decent but I’d recommend the other 3 over them.

For the mouse, something from Logitech would do you quite well.  Their mice are pretty good and if you have a problem their RMA will sort it out for you.  Just stick to the G brand if you’re gaming.

Large mousepads are pretty good, you just need a good one.  The Glorious xxxl is probably the best one on the market.  Corsair, HyperX and SteelSeries also make some pretty good extended pads.

2 minutes ago, BrinkGG said:

That's mainly personal preference and the only thing I'll stress is real Cherry MX switches. They just last longer. 

This isn’t necessarily the case.  Clones from Gateron, Kailh, Zealios and whatnot will often perform as well as, if not, better than Cherry.  They are usually nicer too but there is a lot of choice and Cherry will get the job done.  Don’t fret about this OP

11 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

This isn’t necessarily the case.  Clones from Gateron, Kailh, Zealios and whatnot will often perform as well as, if not, better than Cherry.  They are usually nicer too but there is a lot of choice and Cherry will get the job done.  Don’t fret about this OP

I've never had good luck with Kailh or Gateron, but if you have I'll take your word for it. :) 

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

25 minutes ago, BrinkGG said:

Okay. So for the keyboard, Ducky keyboards seem to be way more durable from my experience. That's mainly personal preference and the only thing I'll stress is real Cherry MX switches. They just last longer. 

For the mouse, look at something like a G703 Lightspeed then. Wireless keyboards are quickly becoming the norm for pro esports players, and if they trust it, I'll believe that us plebians can move to wireless now. 

The MX750 is Cherry MX. I was gonna with the brown ones. Seems to be a good fit between tactility and loudness.

Ok. So Logitech. I'll give them a look. I kinda wanted to get a Cooler Master mouse too just to reduce the amount of softwares I'd need to use. But apparently cooler master's mice aren't that good. 

23 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

Get a keyboard from Ducky, Filco, Leopold or Cooler Master.  Cooler Master boards are decent but I’d recommend the other 3 over them.

For the mouse, something from Logitech would do you quite well.  Their mice are pretty good and if you have a problem their RMA will sort it out for you.  Just stick to the G brand if you’re gaming.

Large mousepads are pretty good, you just need a good one.  The Glorious xxxl is probably the best one on the market.  Corsair, HyperX and SteelSeries also make some pretty good extended pads.

Any suggestions for specific ones ? I could barely find any of these on Amazon. 

Looks like you guys are agreeing on Logitech. I'll give them a look. 

Thanks for the pad suggestion. I'll see which one I could find on Amazon. 

Another vote for the G910.  The switches are great and fast.

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized they give you some nice options for key switches here and gateron many claim to be better than cherries, you can even get some great kailh switches if you wish, they also offer the model o on that site awesome mouse. 

I'm limited to Amazon as I'm buying multiple things and I wanna ship them at once.

8 hours ago, bignaz said:

Another vote for the G910.  The switches are great and fast.

/r/MechanicalKeyboards seems to be really against it.

I couldn't find IKBC or Ducky keyboards with international shipping so I'm kinda limited right now to the MK-750 or the MASTERKEYS PRO L.

And I'm still not sure about the mouse.

Just now, biascoblix said:

I'm limited to Amazon as I'm buying multiple things and I wanna ship them at once.

I couldn't find IKBC or Ducky keyboards with international shipping so I'm kinda limited right now to the MK-750 or the MASTERKEYS PRO L.

you can do that in that stroe fron just add what you want to cart. are you in the us or international?

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

you can do that in that stroe fron just add what you want to cart. are you in the us or international?

Nope. I'm shipping to Egypt. 

6 minutes ago, biascoblix said:

mouse wise take measurements of your hands and consult this list https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

Just now, rice guru said:

Yeah, The MK730.. I want a full keyboard so I was gonna go with the 750 but looked online and everyone is praising the MASTERKEYS PRO L compared to the 750. 

Not sure yet.

What's the difference between the Prodigy and Hero ? 

1 minute ago, biascoblix said:

Oh, Ok great. Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm 20cm and 10cm

looks like the g 305 or the gpro wired might be the go tohere for me or one of the FK mice

4 hours ago, biascoblix said:

Redit is full of tards who are fan boys. 

I had it since it came out. Not one single issue. They got different key caps on one version now that I would prefer but you get use to them. 

The romr g's are the only switch I'll use. I really don't like the feel of 90% of the switches people say are amazing. I short stroke them and they are way to slow.

Romrg's are a really fast switch.  I have yet to short stroke one.  They are pretty short and light. 

If you have a best buy or microcenter out go check them out.  I'll never use another switch. But it's the switch I like. You might like a cherry red more. I personally hate them. 

For gaming I love the romrg. I'm pretty hard on my keyboards and never had an issue.  I would change some things on the board if I could but overall I like my 910 and I'll never use another switch again. 

Go test out the display models at bestbuy or microcenter and use them. 

24 minutes ago, bignaz said:

I had it since it came out. Not one single issue. They got different key caps on one version now that I would prefer but you get use to them. 

The romr g's are the only switch I'll use. I really don't like the feel of 90% of the switches people say are amazing. I short stroke them and they are way to slow.

Romrg's are a really fast switch.  I have yet to short stroke one.  They are pretty short and light. 

If you have a best buy or microcenter out go check them out.  I'll never use another switch. But it's the switch I like. You might like a cherry red more. I personally hate them. 

For gaming I love the romrg. I'm pretty hard on my keyboards and never had an issue.  I would change some things on the board if I could but overall I like my 910 and I'll never use another switch again. 

Romer g is not everyones cup of tea though, imho they are shit, but if he likes them after trying, then yeah, then he should buy them. But, if he gets romer g board, he's pretty much stuck with stock shit keycaps. They are shit, starts to shine pretty quickly.

5 hours ago, biascoblix said:

MK-750 or the MASTERKEYS PRO L.

If your options are limited to these two, get pro L, much more solid than mk 750, I tried mk 750, it's kinda delicate and flimsy compared to pro L.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

Please delete, double posted accidentaly.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

28 minutes ago, bignaz said:

I dunno tbh. They seem to really recommend Ducky and IKBC which seems to be the case here.

I'm from Egypt. No display models here. So I'm limited to only stuff on Amazon and that ship internationally.

7 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Romer g is not everyones cup of tea though, imho they are shit, but if he likes them after trying, then yeah, then he should buy them. But, if he gets romer g board, he's pretty much stuck with stock shit keycaps. They are shit, starts to shine pretty quickly.

If your options are limited to these two, get pro L, much more solid than mk 750, I tried mk 750, it's kinda delicate and flimsy compared to pro L.

I was gonna settle with the Pro L and get a wrist rest from Glorious but for some reason the ones with the Brown swtiches is not avaliable and that's the kind of switch i was going with. Didn't want to get the Red and I'm afraid the blue ones will be too loud.

Side note : I've never had or used a mechanical keyboard before.