Having problems booting up pc

HeaT

Past few days my PC only boots to bios. I have to click on exit save changes and reset then it boots in to windows.

My motherboard is the Asus Maximus VIII Hero bios version  - 1701, The boot order is correct.

Any ideas?

12 minutes ago, HeaT said:

Any ideas?

Change BIOS battery. Reset Bios to default/upgrade BIOS. Remove overclocking. Use MemTest86+ to test RAM

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Change BIOS battery. Reset Bios to default/upgrade BIOS. Remove overclocking. Use MemTest86+ to test RAM

I've set the settings to default but still happens. I'll look at upgrading the bios as my version is from 2016.. Nothing is overclocked.

Never used memtest, Heard it takes hours/days to complete. Is that still the case?

1 minute ago, HeaT said:

Heard it takes hours/days to complete. Is that still the case?

Correct.

I'd also check your hard drive/ssd/nVME with manufacturer's software to ensure the drive isn't failing.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Correct.

I'd also check your hard drive/ssd/nVME with manufacturer's software to ensure the drive isn't failing.

Well I went to update the bios and it started up fine, Restarted again and fine. Turned off pc and back on booted up fine.. Not a clue but seems fixed... 

1 minute ago, HeaT said:

Well I went to update the bios and it started up fine, Restarted again and fine. Turned off pc and back on booted up fine.. Not a clue but seems fixed... 

Always a plus :)

Past 2 weeks or so I've noticed stuttering in fortnite. I play on 1440p all low settings apart from view distance which is on max.

Every few minutes my GPU usage drops from 50-70% down to about 30% or lower for a split second which is causing the game to stutter.  

I've reinstalled the game on two different SSDs, Used older GPU drivers. Changed the power plans on windows and nvidia but still not fixing it. Shadowplay is disabled

PC specs - i7 6700K

Asus Maximus Viii Hero

980 TI EVGA Hybrid

32gb DDR4 Corsair

Any more information just let me know.

At a lost here. Tested with Witcher 3 and no useage drops. Ran Heaven benchmark and gpu was pinned at 99% as it normally is during the bench. Only option I can think of is a fresh install of Windows.

26 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Sounds like you got a CPU bottleneck to me. 

A bottleneck thats only occurred within the past 2 weeks? Is that a thing?

Fortnite has been awful since the start of season x. Performance has been terrible. I don't think it's you, we just have to wait for a new nvidia driver or a fortnite patch I guess. 

I have the same problem on a 1080.

14 minutes ago, HeaT said:

A bottleneck thats only occurred within the past 2 weeks? Is that a thing?

It was since the start of x. They released a patch few days in to fix the stuttering which helped but not perfect. Maybe kt is just the game