Acer aspire 5 (14 a514-52g) vs Acer swift 3 (sf314-41)

Hey guys, I need a quick answer which one between these two is better and why? I don't care about the budget difference, or usage. Just tell me which one is better according to you and why. Thanks!

Neither - both are low-end junk that doesn't justify the price tag they come with. There are MUCH better options for the money. What is your use case?

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Neither - both are low-end junk that doesn't justify the price tag they come with. There are MUCH better options for the money. What is your use case?

Just typing and some small gaming.

Just now, irfankamil said:

Just typing and some small gaming.

Lenovo ThinkPad E480 or E490 with an RX550 - vastly superior build quality and durability, better battery life, far superior keyboard and cooling solution. Better overall.

26 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

both are low-end junk

not the Swift 3

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

vastly superior build quality and durability

well the build quality is good but it's consumer grade instead of business grade

22 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

cooling solution

cannot handle RX550 heat well

35 minutes ago, irfankamil said:

Just tell me which one is better

Well I don't usually do that

Where are you from? Budget? Usage? Any preference on battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, GeneXiS_X said:

not the Swift 3

well the build quality is good but it's consumer grade instead of business grade

cannot handle RX550 heat well

Well I don't usually do that

The cooling on the E480 is actually capable but Lenovo gimped performance with a BIOS update instead of ramping the fans up - the E490 comes with a better fan and fan curve so it's mostly a "whoopsie" software tweak.

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I'm from malaysia. My budget is at between these two price range. Usage is typing and some small gaming. That's why I'm asking for these two. For the the battery maybe in the middle of my preference.

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The cooling on the E480 is actually capable but Lenovo gimped performance with a BIOS update instead of ramping the fans up - the E490 comes with a better fan and fan curve so it's mostly a "whoopsie" software tweak.

Still too hot imo. The new BIOS in E480 is due to the incapable cooling solution. E490 has slightly improved cooling (due to faster fan like you mentioned) but still not able to handle RX550 heat well. Should have include MX150/MX250 instead imo - better efficiency, thus more suitable for laptops

5 hours ago, irfankamil said:

I'm from malaysia

Budget in RM? Prefer min how many hours of battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

12 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Still too hot imo. The new BIOS in E480 is due to the incapable cooling solution. E490 has slightly improved cooling (due to faster fan like you mentioned) but still not able to handle RX550 heat well. Should have include MX150/MX250 instead imo - better efficiency, thus more suitable for laptops

Budget in RM? Prefer min how many hours of battery life?

The 550 is notably faster, though. So I understand where they are coming from. But an undervolt and BIOS rollback fixes the 480. A friend I have is super happy with her's. Though she did get an i5 model but I don't really think it will affect I'd as much. Still better than the Swift 3 imo.