Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Torrent

High refresh rate ultrawide 1440p monitors between £570-£815

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title says, here attached is some ultrawide 1440p high refresh rate monitors. Are any of them worth the jump in price? To someone with an unlimited budget but wants to spend as less as possible.

81A515C9-3305-49D7-9797-5AAA247FA931.jpeg

Remember to give me those smiley face things or tick or the i if i do a good post.

Team Blue, so understand I will be unreasonable to Intel V AMD Arguments even if i ever buy a AMD rig, i will still be anti AMD. Me saying AMD is OK is a big thing to me so be happy and go away.

Alienware 17r5

500D SE sexy rgb build incoming.

Widescreen build incoming for music production featuring zen 3

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid, I have a problem about spending too much money on a Motherboard.

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

IHaveTimeToKill/KillToTimeHaveI

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

- Moved to displays -

Please consider which forum will be most appropriate for your topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

see the reviews for the benq, on paper they should all be more of less the same but maybe there's a difference in quality, if the reviews say it's good then get that

21 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

As the title says, here attached is some ultrawide 1440p high refresh rate monitors. Are any of them worth the jump in price? To someone with an unlimited budget but wants to spend as less as possible.

81A515C9-3305-49D7-9797-5AAA247FA931.jpeg

Out of all those panels I’d go with the IPS panel. Find them the nicest of all rich colours and vibrant 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

26 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Out of all those panels I’d go with the IPS panel. Find them the nicest of all rich colours and vibrant 

Is it really worth an extra £165 and 20hz less?

Remember to give me those smiley face things or tick or the i if i do a good post.

Team Blue, so understand I will be unreasonable to Intel V AMD Arguments even if i ever buy a AMD rig, i will still be anti AMD. Me saying AMD is OK is a big thing to me so be happy and go away.

Alienware 17r5

Gaming Routers are Stupid, I have a problem about spending too much money on a Motherboard.

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

4 hours ago, The Torrent said:

No, it isn't.

From the bunch the best alternative is the Samsung C34F791 as it uses Samsung's latest VA panel of 3440x1440p resolution, I bought my Viotek GN34CB solely because it uses the same panel inside and I can guarantee you it is the best pick you have right now.

I also own an older Acer X34 that uses the same IPS panel of the ROG SWIFT so I'm not biased here the Samsung is superior comparing the two and here's why:

This latest VA panel has much improved lower input lag and much better also lower GTG so you won't get ghosting effect from it at 100hz refresh rate, the colors accuracy have greatly improved as well and they aren't that significantly far from the IPS model now HOWEVER you get far better contrast ratio and deeper blacks on VA.

Curve 21:9 34inch monitors are also more subjective to backlight bleeding and IPS glow which can be quite noticeable on IPS screens, this issue while not entirely resolved (you'd need OLED for that) it actually is greatly improved on VA.

As stated blacks are much deeper and without the same excessive glow and that for me values more nowadays than the slight advantage IPS has on colors accurary and slightly better viewing angle.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Crucial Ballistix |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
16 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

No, it isn't.

From the bunch the best alternative is the Samsung C34F791 as it uses Samsung's latest VA panel of 3440x1440p resolution, I bought my Viotek GN34CB solely because it uses the same panel inside and I can guarantee you it is the best pick you have right now.

I also own an older Acer X34 that uses the same IPS panel of the ROG SWIFT so I'm not biased here the Samsung is superior comparing the two and here's why:

This latest VA panel has much improved lower input lag and much better also lower GTG so you won't get ghosting effect from it at 100hz refresh rate, the colors accuracy have greatly improved as well and they aren't that significantly far from the IPS model now HOWEVER you get far better contrast ratio and deeper blacks on VA.

Curve 21:9 34inch monitors are also more subjective to backlight bleeding and IPS glow which can be quite noticeable on IPS screens, this issue while not entirely resolved (you'd need OLED for that) it actually is greatly improved on VA.

As stated blacks are much deeper and without the same excessive glow and that for me values more nowadays than the slight advantage IPS has on colors accurary and slightly better viewing angle.

so i can get the samsung one for 600,

and i can get the AOC one for 450-500ish (a guy i know selling one) AOC also has g sync. Do you still think samsung is worth the £100 and sacrifice in G sync and 20hz?

The samsung is still more expensive and 20hz less aswell. and 1 inch smaller. Are the pros of the samsung worth it?

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

What I can tell you is that G-Sync and FreeSync are the same technology nowadays, there's nothing that makes G-Sync a "Premium" feature or anything, your nVidia card will work with FreeSync just fine.

Are you sure the AOC native refresh rate IS 120hz? because all these monitors can work at 120hz if you overclock them, the catch is that you lose G-Sync/FreeSync if you do it... and honestly I don't find it worth or necessary since there's a much bigger difference going from 60hz to 100hz than 100hz to 144hz.

1inch makes no difference what so ever and it has already been confirmed that Pixel Density(PPI) wise 34 inch is the pinnacle of 3440x1440p.

With all that said, I do not know the panel AOC uses well enough to tell you if things are worth it or not, but if the panel is inferior to Samsung's which is likely to be the case and you get too much GTG alongside that higher refresh rate you'll have noticeable ghosting and I would never play anything on a panel that ghosts a lot.

You should try finding independent reviews on youtube or something if you're indecisive, I won't be able to help you out much more than this here [:

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Crucial Ballistix |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
5 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Just meant in general I’d pick a IPS panel, not necessarily from this list. What about Acer predator x34p?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

19 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Just meant in general I’d pick a IPS panel, not necessarily from this list. What about Acer predator x34p?

Seems good.

problem is there’s so many panels similar specs eg. That and the aoc one but nowhere does it say which ones better and why.

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

23 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Just started looking around telling me that blacks are bad on that panel and with ips panels. I’d rather good blacks than colour vibrancy tbh.

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

57 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Just started looking around telling me that blacks are bad on that panel and with ips panels. I’d rather good blacks than colour vibrancy tbh.

Okay, don’t have it myself but looked at it in the past. Personally rock he AD27QD (non-UW)