RX 570 PSU compatibility?

MarcusMel

I bought a used RX 570 from a guy, and he genuinely didnt want me to mess the card up so he asked what power supply i had. I answered I had a Xilence 500W. And he was pretty reluctant to let me use the card with that PSU. Now I dont remember if the PSU had 6+2 pin, but even if it doesnt, would I be ok with a molex to 6+2 pin adapter? Would I not short out or screw up the card?

CPU: AMD FX-6300

MOBO: MSI 760GM-P23

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: RX 570 4GB

RAM: 8GB GSKILL 1333

PSU: Xilence 500W

Don't use adapters. If your PSU doesn't have the right cabling, it's probably too shit to handle anything beefy.

I'd get a name brand PSU with good reviews, like the Bitfenix Whisper Gold 450w, Seasonic Focus series, Cooler Master V-series, Corsair TXM etc.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

That power supply is a fire cracker imo. Get a Corsair CX450 and have peace of mind that your system won't combust.

11 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Seasonic Focus series

you should read this

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you should read this

Ouch. That's a pretty major disaster for Seasonic.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Ouch. That's a pretty major disaster for Seasonic.

yep... and many aren't aware of it, hence i wrote that recently

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

yep... and many aren't aware of it, hence i wrote that recently

I had picked up on the instability with early units but figured the current units were okay again. Guess not.