LAN messenger

Bsmith

hello folks,

recently i have been playing around with ways to send message's around to others and they are able to answer you easily.

after googling a bit i found something about CMD messenger orso, i tried it but it did not work, after looking further into it i noticed they removed it in windows vista and up.

anyobody here knows other ways to change the code it will work on windows vista and up? since i couldnt find these ways(atleast nothing what truely worked)

here is what i got so far.

@[member=Echo] off:AClsecho MESSENGERset /p n=User:set /p m=Message:net send %n% %m%PauseGoto A

any tips/hints here?

the trouble for reading/thinking about something is already appriciated alot by me.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

What are you trying to achieve? Using the messenger service (for Windows 7 msg.exe) is never going to be a simple way to send messages and answer them easily. If this is all you're trying to achieve use Skype, Facebook or any other popular service, they're their for a reason and will not make you any more or less 1337 h4x0rz.

What are you trying to achieve? Using the messenger service (for Windows 7 msg.exe) is never going to be a simple way to send messages and answer them easily. If this is all you're trying to achieve use Skype, Facebook or any other popular service, they're their for a reason and will not make you any more or less 1337 h4x0rz.

yeah i know, but it is not my achievment at all to become more 1337 or h4x0rz, it is mostly a thing to kill time and this simply caught my interest at first.

Another cross-platform command line LAN messenger.

tahnks, i will have a look at it, looks quite interesting.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.