Looking for battery replacement for my Laptop

gnaby2

Hi, I am looking for a battery replacement for my Razer Blade 2016 1060 edition as it seems to not be able to hold a charge for very long anymore. I took my laptop apart and noticed that one of the cells of it was puffy which is probably why it is having issues. I was curious to see if anyone had replaced their battery and which one they used and if it was successful.

Puffy batteries are common in every laptop, not just razers, i had my puffy macbook battery back then. 

If you can take it apart, find the same model on ebay and replace it.

Battery replacement is pretty straightforward, unless the battery is glued or soldered.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

A swollen battery is a FIRE HAZARD, DO NOT use it. I repeat, it could explode. Take it out and contact Razer for a new one.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

A swollen battery is a FIRE HAZARD, DO NOT use it. I repeat, it could explode. Take it out and contact Razer for a new one.

I have worked with a lot of LiPO batteries in the past and yes puffy batteries are a fire hazard, but if you watch over it and don't puncture them, they will be fine. In my case, it just started so I have quite a lot of time. Don't worry, if I was really worried about it, I wouldn't be this calm.

Also, by opening the laptop I am pretty sure I voided the warranty

Just now, gnaby2 said:

I have worked with a lot of LiPO batteries in the past and yes puffy batteries are a fire hazard, but if you watch over it and don't puncture them, they will be fine. In my case, it just started so I have quite a lot of time. Don't worry, if I was really worried about it, I wouldn't be this calm.

Also, by opening the laptop I am pretty sure I voided the warranty

Razer warranties are a joke anyway. They don't really fix things as much as just open ans close it with duct tape.

And it can still explode. Assuming you use it, which you can, the battery will get hot. In razers case, that's smouldering hot because their batteries don't have any room to breath or cool properly in order to be more compact because yooo thinness. So it can still Xplode a gen if not punctured. It's happened before on that model sadly. Googling reveals more than one case of razer combustion.