Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warak

New build, looking for opinions.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone, slowly building new PC, got few questions + just interested in outside opinion, never hurts.

So far it looks like this 

Case - Define C + 2xNF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM, 1x120 NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM.
MB    - Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU  - I7-9700k + NH-D15S or Dark Rock 4 pro
RAM  - Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

SSD  - 970 Evo or Pro

Video - RTX 2080 S or Ti or GTX 770

PSU  - Aerocool P7, Corsair HXi, Corsair RMx, Be quiet Straight Power 11

 

Explanation. As u can see I more or less know what Case, MB, CPU and Ram would be.

CPU cooler, I still thinking, I like Rock, but it doesnt really matter in Define C case, they performance is more or less similar, price is marginally different.

SSD, not sure I need sustained r\w speeds so I think it would be Evos.

Video, Yes, I know 2080ti is very good value, so I guess it would be 2080s, I also thinking to keep 770 for now and wait, heard rumors about Radeons 5900.

PSU, Main question, Iam thinking 750w, all 4 looks good, but Be Quiet calculator shows 850 recommended, Seasonic calculator shows 527 recommended so Iam not sure, 850 seems to much, 527 seems not enough. What do u think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you expect us to do without a single bit of detail?


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it helps if we know what your needs are/what you want to do with this computer, budget and country.


Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

 

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

 

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

what do you expect us to do without a single bit of detail?

Sorry, I sent posted before I finished :) missclick

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warak said:

 

SSD, not sure I need sustained r\w speeds so I think it would be Evos.

 

PSU, Main question, Iam thinking 750w, all 4 looks good, but Be Quiet calculator shows 850 recommended, Seasonic calculator shows 527 recommended so Iam not sure, 850 seems to much, 527 seems not enough.

if you're just gaming then the 970 evo/pro is a waste. get a cheaper ssd. both calculators are overestimating, a good 550-650w PSU is good enough.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Well, it helps if we know what your needs are/what you want to do with this computer, budget and country.

Nothing too special, just normal home PC, some games some work. I dont really care about budget, I mean its limited only by common sense. No reason to take 400-500 mother board for example, already made this mistake. Got Asus Hero MB and I dont even overclocked CPU in it :) ofc CPU is k.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

if you're just gaming then the 970 evo/pro is a waste. get a cheaper ssd. both calculators are overestimating, a good 550-650w PSU is good enough.

Tbh Iam not even sure why I want Samsungs again, within last 4month 2 960s pro died.

650? U sure? Even if I decide to go for 2080ti?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warak said:

Tbh Iam not even sure why I want Samsungs again, within last 4month 2 960s pro died, controllers failure. 650? U sure? Even if I decide to go for 2080ti?

https://www.techspot.com/review/1701-geforce-rtx-2080/page4.html ~500w with an overclocked 8700k.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Warak said:

Nothing too special, just normal home PC, some games some work. I dont really care about budget, I mean its limited only by common sense.

 

If that's the case then can I ask why you're already set on the 9700k? I would be tempted to recommend at least the 3600 - probably the best value CPU currently out (other than maybe the 2600), has very good gaming performance comparable to that of the 9600k and in terms of workload and programmes it stomps most of the intel CPUs except the 9900k. The 3600 is actually comparable in performance to the 8700k, just to put things into context.

 

19 minutes ago, Warak said:

Hi everyone, slowly building new PC, got few questions + just interested in outside opinion, never hurts.

So far it looks like this 

Case - Define C + 2xNF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM, 1x120 NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM.
MB    - Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU  - I7-9700k + NH-D15S or Dark Rock 4 pro
RAM  - Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

SSD  - 970 Evo or Pro

Video - RTX 2080 S or Ti or GTX 770

PSU  - Aerocool P7, Corsair HXi, Corsair RMx, Be quiet Straight Power 11

 

Explanation. As u can see I more or less know what Case, MB, CPU and Ram would be.

CPU cooler, I still thinking, I like Rock, but it doesnt really matter in Define C case, they performance is more or less similar, price is marginally different.

SSD, not sure I need sustained r\w speeds so I think it would be Evos.

Video, Yes, I know 2080ti is very good value, so I guess it would be 2080s, I also thinking to keep 770 for now and wait, heard rumors about Radeons 5900.

PSU, Main question, Iam thinking 750w, all 4 looks good, but Be Quiet calculator shows 850 recommended, Seasonic calculator shows 527 recommended so Iam not sure, 850 seems to much, 527 seems not enough. What do u think?

Either the NH-D15s or Dark Rock 4 Pro are excellent air coolers - if I had to pick I'd go NH-D15S because if you can afford it why not get the best air cooler around that you can use on multiple builds, whether AMD or Intel.

 

I would have a nice SSD for OS (250-500GB) but it doesn't have to be samsung - I personally only picked up the 970 Evo because they were giving away AC:OD for free with it so why not.

 

For motherboard wouldn't you want to go for the WiFi/BT version of the Aorus Pro?

 

I personally wouldn't agree about "waiting for the next piece of tech" because there will always be new tech around the corner. The RTX 2080 Super is a very nice card for high fps at 1440p gaming. You could even drop it to an RTX 2080 to save money and still have performance above a 1080 Ti but I'm not 100% on that, someone else can correct me.

 

PSU-wise the RMx is a great PSU with a good reputation and much cheaper than the HXi variant and better than the Straight Power 11. Not sure about the Aerocool P7.


Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

 

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

 

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warak said:

Checked prices, Corsair RMx 650 vs 750...5$ difference.

Get the 750W then. You should be around ~70% load on that PSU with your current build. Maximum efficiency is around 50-60% load for the RMx and you'll have headroom for a 2080Ti. 


Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

 

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

 

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Maximum efficiency is around 50-60% load for the RMx

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm550x-power-supply,4484-5.html

 

PSUs are almost never most efficient at 50-60, they normally are around 30, but it's not something to buy on, because the difference is that small


PSU Tier List//Motherboard VRM list//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Seasonic Focus issues//Mark Solved//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3500 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault V2 (in progression)

Spoiler

CPU: dual Xeon x5650   GPU: GT210.  RAM: 6x4 GB+6x2 GB DDR3R.  MOBO: HP ML350 g6   HDD: 4x Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI 1TB   PSU: 2x Delta 460w 80+ platinum  Case: ML350 G6

 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8460p

Spoiler

CPU: I5-2540m  GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+4GB 1333 mhz DDR3   SSD: mx500 250gb  Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm550x-power-supply,4484-5.html

 

PSUs are almost never most efficient at 50-60, they normally are around 30, but it's not something to buy on, because the difference is that small

I was basing off of what the Corsair manual state. I may have read it wrong, my bad.


Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

 

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

 

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

I was basing off of what the Corsair manual state. I may have read it wrong, my bad.

well... i can't imagine that... PSUs never are most efficient at that level, just look at some graphs like this one here... but yeah, moving on


PSU Tier List//Motherboard VRM list//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Seasonic Focus issues//Mark Solved//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3500 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault V2 (in progression)

Spoiler

CPU: dual Xeon x5650   GPU: GT210.  RAM: 6x4 GB+6x2 GB DDR3R.  MOBO: HP ML350 g6   HDD: 4x Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI 1TB   PSU: 2x Delta 460w 80+ platinum  Case: ML350 G6

 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8460p

Spoiler

CPU: I5-2540m  GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+4GB 1333 mhz DDR3   SSD: mx500 250gb  Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AvogadrosDog said:

If that's the case then can I ask why you're already set on the 9700k? I would be tempted to recommend at the 3600 - probably the best value CPU currently out (other than maybe the 2600), has very good gaming performance comparable to that of the 9600k and in terms of workload and programmes it stomps most of the intel CPUs except the 9900k. The 3600 is actually comparable in performance to the 8700k, just to put things into context.

 

Either the NH-D15s or Dark Rock 4 Pro are excellent air coolers - if I had to pick I'd go NH-D15S because if you can afford it why not get the best air cooler around that you can use on multiple builds, whether AMD or Intel.

 

I would have a nice SSD for OS (250-500GB) but it doesn't have to be samsung - I personally only picked up the 970 Evo because they were giving away AC:OD for free with it so why not.

 

For motherboard wouldn't you want to go for the WiFi/BT version of the Aorus Pro?

 

I personally wouldn't agree about "waiting for the next piece of tech" because there will always be new tech around the corner. The RTX 2080 Super is a very nice card for high fps at 1440p gaming. You could even drop it to an RTX 2080 to save money and still have performance above a 1080 Ti but I'm not a 100% on that, someone else can correct me.

 

PSU-wise the RMx is a great PSU with a good reputation and much cheaper than the HXi variant and better than the Straight Power 11. Not sure about the Aerocool P7.

U mean Ryzen? Yep, It seems AMD are pretty good right now, I even thought about them but I dont really got good memories about AMD CPUs, I had Duron 800 one time. Plus I watched lots of reviews and in the end ppl suggest Intel for gaming, AMD for work, my work want lots of RAM but its not exactly CPU heavy. So mainly I set on 9700k because...marketing, old memories, ignorance...all those things I guess.

 

Dark Rock is just sooooooooooooo good looking. Yes I know I got window-less case, but I would know I got very good looking cooler, but you right, not much reason to go for looks vs performance in my case, even if its just 1-2C of temp.

 

As for SSD, it some way other brands, I just dont trust them, even though I lost 2 Samsung SSD few month ago I still trust them more, they made their own memory for one.

 

MB - why do I need WiFi and\or BT? I got almost 15 rj45 sockets, got 2 near me right now. I think stationary PC should be with wires, WiFi is for mobile devices, or am I missing something? Not sure I see any other reason to have on-board Wi-Fi other than connect it to Router\AP.

 

Video Card - tbh its not about saving money, I always wanted to build top PC, but couldn't afford it, not I can afford it :) Basically the only reason I even consider 2080ti. But on the other hand Iam not a child now, so...common sense interferes, this a-hole stops me from fulfilling a childhood dream. At first I wanted to go all-in I mean 4k and everything, but again..common sense and all :)

 

Problem is I read modern RMx's are not what they used to be. I looked at PSU tier list here and basically choose what I like :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Get the 750W then. You should be around ~70% load on that PSU with your current build. Maximum efficiency is around 50-60% load for the RMx and you'll have headroom for a 2080Ti. 

 

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... i can't imagine that... PSUs never are most efficient at that level, just look at some graphs like this one here... but yeah, moving on

I dont really care about efficiency, gold and platinum, load %...it just some piece of mind, we not talking about cheapest Chinese noname PSUs here :) I just want reliable PSU, ofc w\o too much overkill.

Right now I got 750Вт Corsair "TX750 V2", since 2012...with GTX770 and 4690K :) Theoretically I think I can even use it for my new PC, but its not fully modular + yes its 750w, but he is pretty old, I think its time for him to rest, he deserves it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warak said:

U mean Ryzen? Yep, It seems AMD are pretty good right now, I even thought about them but I dont really got good memories about AMD CPUs, I had Duron 800 one time. Plus I watched lots of reviews and in the end ppl suggest Intel for gaming, AMD for work, my work want lots of RAM but its not exactly CPU heavy. So mainly I set on 9700k because...marketing, old memories, ignorance...all those things I guess.

 

Dark Rock is just sooooooooooooo good looking. Yes I know I got window-less case, but I would know I got very good looking cooler, but you right, not much reason to go for looks vs performance in my case, even if its just 1-2C of temp.

 

As for SSD, it some way other brands, I just dont trust them, even though I lost 2 Samsung SSD few month ago I still trust them more, they made their own memory for one.

 

MB - why do I need WiFi and\or BT? I got almost 15 rj45 sockets, got 2 near me right now. I think stationary PC should be with wires, WiFi is for mobile devices, or am I missing something? Not sure I see any other reason to have on-board Wi-Fi other than connect it to Router\AP.

 

Video Card - tbh its not about saving money, I always wanted to build top PC, but couldn't afford it, not I can afford it :) Basically the only reason I even consider 2080ti. But on the other hand Iam not a child now, so...common sense interferes, this a-hole stops me from fulfilling a childhood dream. At first I wanted to go all-in I mean 4k and everything, but again..common sense and all :)

 

Problem is I read modern RMx's are not what they used to be. I looked at PSU tier list here and basically choose what I like :)

 

I would also suggest going for a Ryzen 7 3700X. It's only 4% slower in some games, not all. It's faster in CSGO, for example, because AMD has higher IPC than Intel now. It's a whopping 30-40% faster in any multi threaded game or application, it uses less power than the intel options and also runs cooler. It has a real upgrade path (1151 is not getting any new CPUs so it's basically dead), and offers a more advanced process and technology. It's a better CPU overall. Don't judge modern CPUs by one which you had 10 years ago. Things have changed drastically and AMD is currently the CPU market leader in terms of who has a better product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warak said:

TX750 V2", since 2012

well... it's not a bad psu per say, but you've had it for long enough that I'd swap it with the rest of the system


PSU Tier List//Motherboard VRM list//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs//Seasonic Focus issues//Mark Solved//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3500 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

 

Secondary PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault V2 (in progression)

Spoiler

CPU: dual Xeon x5650   GPU: GT210.  RAM: 6x4 GB+6x2 GB DDR3R.  MOBO: HP ML350 g6   HDD: 4x Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI 1TB   PSU: 2x Delta 460w 80+ platinum  Case: ML350 G6

 

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8460p

Spoiler

CPU: I5-2540m  GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+4GB 1333 mhz DDR3   SSD: mx500 250gb  Screen: TN 768p

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
50 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I would also suggest going for a Ryzen 7 3700X. It's only 4% slower in some games, not all. It's faster in CSGO, for example, because AMD has higher IPC than Intel now. It's a whopping 30-40% faster in any multi threaded game or application, it uses less power than the intel options and also runs cooler. It has a real upgrade path (1151 is not getting any new CPUs so it's basically dead), and offers a more advanced process and technology. It's a better CPU overall. Don't judge modern CPUs by one which you had 10 years ago. Things have changed drastically and AMD is currently the CPU market leader in terms of who has a better product.

I never upgraded my PC, I always buy everything new, by the time I decide to upgrade all hardware is already too old. Ryzens are pretty new still, so I doubt we would see another generation any time soon. Also 3700x costs almost the same as 9700k, well 50 or so less. 50$ for 4% seems more interesting, on the other hand perhaps new games would be more multithread friendly + I heard Ryzens stock cooler is very good, not much reason to buy Noctua\Dark Rock so its minus another 100$, but I thing I would need better RAM, I didnt looked what AMDs like but I heard they are very RAM dependent

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warak said:

I never upgraded my PC, I always buy everything new, by the time I decide to upgrade all hardware is already too old. Ryzens are pretty new still, so I doubt we would see another generation any time soon. Also 3700x costs almost the same as 9700k, well 50 or so less. 50$ for 4% seems more interesting, on the other hand perhaps new games would be more multithread friendly + I heard Ryzens stock cooler is very good, not much reason to buy Noctua\Dark Rock so its minus another 100$, but I thing I would need better RAM, I didnt looked what AMDs like but I heard they are very RAM dependent

 

Just get a DDR4 3200 kit with lower timings and you're golden. Also, next year we get Zen3 on AM4 as well so upgrade options galore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warak said:

Hi everyone, slowly building new PC, got few questions + just interested in outside opinion, never hurts.

So far it looks like this 

Case - Define C + 2xNF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM, 1x120 NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM.
MB    - Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU  - I7-9700k + NH-D15S or Dark Rock 4 pro
RAM  - Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

SSD  - 970 Evo or Pro

Video - RTX 2080 S or Ti or GTX 770

PSU  - Aerocool P7, Corsair HXi, Corsair RMx, Be quiet Straight Power 11

 

Explanation. As u can see I more or less know what Case, MB, CPU and Ram would be.

CPU cooler, I still thinking, I like Rock, but it doesnt really matter in Define C case, they performance is more or less similar, price is marginally different.

SSD, not sure I need sustained r\w speeds so I think it would be Evos.

Video, Yes, I know 2080ti is very good value, so I guess it would be 2080s, I also thinking to keep 770 for now and wait, heard rumors about Radeons 5900.

PSU, Main question, Iam thinking 750w, all 4 looks good, but Be Quiet calculator shows 850 recommended, Seasonic calculator shows 527 recommended so Iam not sure, 850 seems to much, 527 seems not enough. What do u think?

bequiet dark rock tf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×