Rare AMD CPU and motherboard

So over the weekend I went to free geek to pick up some older hardware to build a system from the 2005-2006 era, and while I was there I decided to pick this up as well. That is the Asus L1N64-SLI, which was a dual socket consumer motherboard that AMD released in order to try to rush to quad core. The actual Quad fx platform didn't do to well because of the power required and it's problems with memory latency, but needless to say they're pretty dang rare. I was extremely lucky to be able to pick up a board with two CPUs from the fx-7x lineup (don't know which ones yet) for only 30 dollars.

20190811_021625.jpg

Just now, quakeguy81 said:

Time to 9800 GT SLI that bitch!

Yeah I want to pick up some of those. I have a pair of 8800gtx's right now

Just now, quakeguy81 said:

This motherboard needs more SATA ports.  Definitely not enough!

Haha yeah it's pretty ridiculous how many there are. I mean if you have two CPUs youre able to pack some pretty crazy features in there

I miss VRM heatsinks like those, with ya know, actual fins

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I miss VRM heatsinks like those, with ya know, actual fins

Yeah you didn't feel like you had to worry about thermal issues with vrms back then. Some boards nowadays make me pretty worried (mostly the lower tier ones)

2 minutes ago, Jtlaughton said:

Yeah you didn't feel like you had to worry about thermal issues with vrms back then. Some boards nowadays make me pretty worried (mostly the lower tier ones)

Still impressive considering atleast 250W goes through those VRMs.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Yeah for sure

1 minute ago, Jtlaughton said:

Even some of the mid to high end boards struggle with keeping the VRM temps in check :( It's not like good ol' Z97 when you could buy bottom teir boards and OC like the big bois. Bought the cheapest boars and it's been a very good board for overclocking, pushing my I7 4790K to a stable 5GHz with all temps in check xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Those heatsinks are really tallbois, you can see it on the right VRM that it sticks up about as far as the CPU heatsink ?

Builds:

Spoiler