Adaptive Technoloy

James A, C hmelyk

I am working with someone with Cerebral Palsy, and would like to use a computer.
But with his mobility, a standard mouse or trackball is not an option. After tossing out a few ideas, there was a thouht of an old joystick from the 8 bit days with a USB connector, OR something that couldbe in an emmulation arkaiad cabinet with 'clicking '' utons as to aid in more conteol.

Similarly, merely guessing about available tech, is there anything for the Rasberry Pi that could do the same as Stephen Hawkings voice synthisis with said joystick and on screen keyboard

image.png

9 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

-snip-

8 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

-snip-

then why respond? but here let me help you since your sooooo lost
hes trying to figure out a way for the person with Cerebral Palsy to be able to work a computer and help communicate because he/she cant use a mouse or keyboard

but on the idea..i would say yea a ras pi with software to narrate whats typed and if he/she can use a joystick you should be able to to make it work the pointer in place of a mouse

as for the arcade buttons...is this for aid in mobility? or to work with joystick? not sure where your going with that. for switching between mobility and screen talking?

On 8/14/2019 at 1:38 AM, circeseye said:

then why respond? but here let me help you since your sooooo lost
hes trying to figure out a way for the person with Cerebral Palsy to be able to work a computer and help communicate because he/she cant use a mouse or keyboard

but on the idea..i would say yea a ras pi with software to narrate whats typed and if he/she can use a joystick you should be able to to make it work the pointer in place of a mouse

as for the arcade buttons...is this for aid in mobility? or to work with joystick? not sure where your going with that. for switching between mobility and screen talking?

heres a joystick mouse

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Wireless-Ergonomic-Soft-Touch-EM550GPS/dp/B001P23Z36?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

heres a rotating mouse

https://www.amazon.com/3Dconnexion-3DX-700028-SpaceNavigator-3D-Mouse/dp/B000LB7G00?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5

i dont know how else to help. a raspberry pi is not something you can just link to a computer and have it type stuff out. you could use the joystick mouse to move a mouse, and possibly use an onscreen keyboard with the big trigger button on it.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

12 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i a raspberry pi is not something you can just link to a computer and have it type stuff out.

the ras pi IS the computer, and have a program put on it to voice what is typed on screen with a on screen keyboard with a joystick.....text to speech program
that 3d mouse is something i would have not seen...nice find

that joystick mouse looks cool..but the op hasnt responded any more info. he/she might need a smaller joystick depending on mobility and severity of CP

On 8/16/2019 at 4:11 AM, circeseye said:

the ras pi IS the computer, and have a program put on it to voice what is typed on screen with a on screen keyboard with a joystick.....text to speech program
that 3d mouse is something i would have not seen...nice find

that joystick mouse looks cool..but the op hasnt responded any more info. he/she might need a smaller joystick depending on mobility and severity of CP

yes it is, but its not good for anything but light browsing or a specific controller. as for the controller you can simply 3d print a stick or use any plastic stick and attach it where the current handle is.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!