Upgraded, should I reinstall Windows?

Dobby_is_free

So I recently upgraded from Intel Kaby Lake to Ryzen 3000. Should I completely reinstall Windows or is there an easier way to remove old drivers?

Specs

Old system

I5 7600k

MSI z270 gaming m3

16gb(4x4gb) DDR4 2400

Gtx 1060 6gb

EVGA 500b

Upgraded system

R7 3700X

ASUS ROG strix X470-F gaming

16gb(2x8gb) DDR4 3600 CL18

RTX 2080 TI

EVGA Supernova 750 G3

Yes. A reinstall is highly recommended so as to avoid any driver or software issues. Also, make sure to update your bios and firmware.

9 minutes ago, Dobby_is_free said:

-snip-

Whenever you switch motherboards, do yourself a favour and perform a fresh install. It's not guaranteed that your Windows install will boot off of another machine. Even if it does, you'll run into instability and bugs. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Whenever you switch motherboards, do yourself a favour and perform a fresh install. It's not guaranteed that your Windows install will boot off of another machine. Even if it does, you'll run into instability and bugs. 

What's the easiest way to do a fresh install? I want to keep my license, can I use the reset this PC option in windows?

7 minutes ago, Dobby_is_free said:

What's the easiest way to do a fresh install? I want to keep my license, can I use the reset this PC option in windows?

A reset is not the same as a clean install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, Dobby_is_free said:

Boot into the Windows Installer, format the boot drive and install Windows.  

This is for Windows 7, but the process hasn't changed since Vista. The installer looks virtually the same since then. The only difference between the video and what you need to do is format the disk when it asks were you want to install Windows as you already have a Windows installation present. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Boot into the Windows Installer, format the boot drive and install Windows.  

This is for Windows 7, but the process hasn't changed since Vista. The installer looks virtually the same since then. The only difference between the video and what you need to do is format the disk when it asks were you want to install Windows as you already have a Windows installation present. 

Ok thank you

Just gonna throw this out there, I moved to Ryzen from an intel 3750. First boot took a little longer and that was it. No reinstall, no futzing with drivers. Just had to reactivate the windows license is all. 

I'm still in favor of fresh installing when changing versions of windows but I can't really point to any reason to do it for a measly motherboard/cpu/ram change. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

4 hours ago, jake9000 said:

Just gonna throw this out there, I moved to Ryzen from an intel 3750. First boot took a little longer and that was it. No reinstall, no futzing with drivers. Just had to reactivate the windows license is all. 

I'm still in favor of fresh installing when changing versions of windows but I can't really point to any reason to do it for a measly motherboard/cpu/ram change. 

There is no logical reason, just old myths that "something" may be wrong. But this question is asked so many times so is not worth repeat answers. OP can just search forum. If is too lazy - let him reinstall Windows. :)