Upgrading My Gaming Rig But I Need Help!!!

Please Tell me if this upgrade will be a good investment or should I change Diffrent parts of the pc. And if something is too overkill on the upgrade side.

My Target fps and resolution would be 1440p 144hz g sync montior which i will buy mid september ( currently 1080p75hz ) i want at least 80fps on ultra !

Or if I can choose something better , Every suggestion is more than welcome !!

Thank you very much

My Curtent Rig:

I5 6600K 4.0Ghz 

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 GAMING

Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motheroboard 

Corsair CX750 PSU ( With Coil Whine..)

Crappy No Name Case

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Toshiba 1TB HDD

Corsair LPX VENGEANCE 16GB 3000MHZ RAM 

Raijintek Ereboss CPU COOLER

Upgrade Plan:

MSI RTX 2070 SUPER

NZXT H500I + NZXT KRAKEN X62 

Corsair Force MP510 960GB M.2

Be Quiet Straight Power 11 750W

my question is why upgrade?  Is there something wrong with the system?  does it not preform like you want it to?  And if you are to upgrade whats your budget and location for these new items

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Why so much power for your PSU? You definitely don't need nearly that much, 550 would do nicely. Also, is this a gaming focused PC? The NVMe drive won't show any benefit.  On top of that, the CPU is underpowered for the graphics card, you'd face a bottleneck in many scenarios. What's your performance target?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Honestly I would hold off. My 970 is still chugging away, even keeping up at 2560x1080 77hz in the games that I still play. One question no one has asked yet is what resolution and refresh rate are you shooting for? If it's just 1080p60, I say hold off unless there's something you're trying to do that's having trouble.

ASU

I personally wouldn't get the H500i, the H500 series cases by NZXT have terrible airflow. I had an H500i and was pretty disappointed.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

39 minutes ago, KonstantinosKnd said:

Please Tell me if this upgrade will be a good investment or should I change Diffrent parts of the pc. And if something is too overkill on the upgrade side. Or if I can choose something better , Every suggestion is more than welcome !!

Thank you very much

My Curtent Rig:

I5 6600K 4.0Ghz 

Crappy No Name Case

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Toshiba 1TB HDD

Upgrade Plan:

MSI RTX 2070 SUPER

NZXT H500I + NZXT KRAKEN X62 

Corsair Force MP510 960GB M.2

Be Quiet Straight Power 11 750W

1) I would go with the 5700XT over the 2070 Super. Both cards have approximately the same performance, yet the 5700XT is around 100 USD cheaper. Source

2) What resolution/refresh rate are you playing at? At lower resolutions (1080p) the 6600k is starting to show its age in newer games and can cause jarring frame spikes in games such as Battlefield V. I would also recommend purchasing a 1440p 144z monitor to fully leverage your gpu.

11 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

my question is why upgrade?  Is there something wrong with the system?  does it not preform like you want it to?  And if you are to upgrade whats your budget and location for these new items

First Of all my psu is failing and has loud coil whine under load and im having random frame drops in games like forza horizon 4 gta v etc.. so im thinking of upgrading with around 1000 euros but in a span of 2 months

its is a gaming pc but i sometimes do a little bit of video editing (it has more than enough power for my editing needs ) ill get a less powerful psu now that you say it but ive seen the i5 6600k not getting bottlenecked but the 2070 non super in every test will the super edition cause bottleneck?? my target is 1440p 144hz g sync at least above 80 fps on ultra

Im having big framedrops in games like gta v forza horizon 4 etc and i want to buya 1440p 144hz g sync monitor so i think it will struggle massively

from the airflow tests ive seen amazing airflow but what other case with sexy design and easy cable management would you suggest under 120$??

also thought about the 5700xt which is dang cheap but the pc needs to be reliable and the test show the card hitting 90 Celsius and crashing the PC..my target is 1440p 144hz g sync at least above 80 fps on ultra on a monitor i will purchase mid September if i keep the 6600k what else should i upgrade to ryzen 3 maybe byt im not a big fan of AMD and how ram dependent their cpus are :(

4 minutes ago, KonstantinosKnd said:

also thought about the 5700xt which is dang cheap but the pc needs to be reliable and the test show the card hitting 90 Celsius and crashing the PC.

gpu upgrade is all you need, 

11 hours ago, KonstantinosKnd said:

Please Tell me if this upgrade will be a good investment or should I change Diffrent parts of the pc. And if something is too overkill on the upgrade side.

My Target fps and resolution would be 1440p 144hz g sync montior which i will buy mid september ( currently 1080p75hz ) i want at least 80fps on ultra !

Or if I can choose something better , Every suggestion is more than welcome !!

Thank you very much

My Curtent Rig:

I5 6600K 4.0Ghz 

Crappy No Name Case

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Toshiba 1TB HDD

Upgrade Plan: