Thunderbolt Networking two Windows 10 Laptops

Hello all,

I have a Gigabyte AERO 15-XA Classic and a 13" Macbook Pro from 2014. I would like to have them both share the Ethernet connection from my Gigabyte AERO since it has a physical RJ-45 jack and the Macbook Pro does not. I have a thunderbolt 2 cable and a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter so I have successfully shared the internet connection between the two over thunderbolt while the Macbook is booted into MacOS Mojave and the AERO is running Windows 10 1903. However, when I am booted into Windows 10 via Bootcamp on the Macbook, the two laptops refuse to even recognize that their thunderbolt ports are connected to anything. Is there something I can configure in Windows on the Macbook to make this work?

Since you are doing a bunch of cable stuff anyways. Why not just get a usb or thunderbolt to rj 45 jack?

I think there are more elegant solutions that internet sharing, like the post above, says you could buy an adaptor or just use wireless as its a laptop. looks for easy outcomes dont stress your self with overcomplicated solutions. Frankly, it just might be windows and macOS not playing ball.

17 hours ago, MollyXD said:

I think there are more elegant solutions that internet sharing, like the post above, says you could buy an adaptor or just use wireless as its a laptop. looks for easy outcomes dont stress your self with overcomplicated solutions. Frankly, it just might be windows and macOS not playing ball.

Sorry maybe I wasn't being clear, the internet sharing works just fine when it is going MacOS to Windows but not when it is going Windows to Windows, and I already have an rj-45 to thunderbolt adapter but I would rather not buy a ethernet switch to split the one port in my room into two for each computer I have.

48 minutes ago, geekpersonman said:

Sorry maybe I wasn't being clear, the internet sharing works just fine when it is going MacOS to Windows but not when it is going Windows to Windows, and I already have an rj-45 to thunderbolt adapter but I would rather not buy a ethernet switch to split the one port in my room into two for each computer I have.

if you have a old hub/modem you could configure it to act as a switch 

19 hours ago, MollyXD said:

if you have a old hub/modem you could configure it to act as a switch 

Let me fix this statement. If you have an old router, then you can configure it as a switch/AP. 

Hubs are no longer used. This is due to there design, the fact collisions can happen on them. And modems tend to only have 1 Ethernet port. What your thinking of is a Gateway (modem/router). Sorry but terminology matters here. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.