Cpu 100%

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys, 

My PC:

I5 6500 

gtx 1070

8 gb RAM

240 gb ssd

When I play Rainbow 6 Siege, GTA 5 or I download something from Steam Uplay my CPU usage is at 100%. 

The average temperature is around 50 °C and never goes above 70.

Like 3 months ago i observed that Gta 5 is struggling loading in the textures, after my pc freezed when i was downloading something, and last month in R6S every time I move the mouse the game froze for like a second, at EVERY mouse movement. I have R6S for 2 years and I never had this issue, I even tried to play it to play whit the lowest settings possible nut I got the same results.

That's normal
You're bottlenecked

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Just now, Slottr said:

That's normal
You're bottlenecked

How?

2 minutes ago, Szeptom said:

Hello guys, 

My PC:

I5 6500 

gtx 1070

8 gb RAM

240 gb ssd

When I play Rainbow 6 Siege, GTA 5 or I download something from Steam Uplay my CPU usage is at 100%. 

The average temperature is around 50 °C and never goes above 70.

Like 3 months ago i observed that Gta 5 is struggling loading in the textures, after my pc freezed when i was downloading something, and last month in R6S every time I move the mouse the game froze for like a second, at EVERY mouse movement. I have R6S for 2 years and I never had this issue, I even tried to play it to play whit the lowest settings possible nut I got the same results.

Check task manager and sort by cpu useage. I have a feeling something got on your system and is draining it's resources.

Just now, Szeptom said:

How?

Your cpu isn't fast enough to keep up with your gpu

The freezing and stuff is another problem though. Tried reinstalling drivers?

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

4 core i5s are known to be bottlenecks in systems with 1070s and better GPUs because they cant keep the GPUs fed and spike up in usage trying. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Your cpu isn't fast enough to keep up with your gpu

The freezing and stuff is another problem though. Tried reinstalling drivers?

Maybe this is a windows problem, I'm not sure, after making an update it got resolved, but after another update it got screwed up again.

Can I do anything about, beside buying a new cpu