Pc upgrades

Hey Guys I'm looking for some advise. I have a core i5 750 and was thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 7 2700x with a Asus Rog strix B450-f motherboard. This got me thinking, is it a good upgrade. And would you suggest AMD over Intel

6 minutes ago, Jaen69 said:

Hey Guys I'm looking for some advise. I have a core i5 750 and was thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 7 2700x with a Asus Rog strix B450-f motherboard. This got me thinking, is it a good upgrade. And would you suggest AMD over Intel

You'll find a huge performance boost.

I like Intel, Xeons workstations in particular, but LTT is a *huge* AMD fanbase, so there you go

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You'll see a massive improvement regardless of whether you move to a Ryzen or a modern Intel. The 2700X is especially good for multi-threaded workloads. What do you primarily use your computer for?

It all depends on your budget and what you are going to use it for.

For a budget build I would go for a R5 2600 as prices have dropped on these and it is still a very good CPU.

Pure gaming without budget issues i would probably choose I7 9700K.

For multi-threaded workloads the R7 3700x is a great buy or as you suggested the "old" 2700X 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

Unless it's a killer deal or just can't afford it, I would get the 3700x.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x