GPU Artifacting - certain applications crash. Need some help!

2 minutes ago, SHiFT said:

There is none - the blue one is some limited edition cooler paint job. Who knows what it's celebrating.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

There is none - the blue one is some limited edition cooler paint job. Who knows what it's celebrating.

Haha, okay. £200 for that card, free games with it.. 8GB as well at 1560Mhz core clock - seems really good to me for 1080p. This might even last me another 3 years at running games at 1080p on ultra settings.. really tempting. Just everyone is bashing AMD for their drivers.. but NVIDIA is a little too expensive for me rn.

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

30 minutes ago, SHiFT said:

Haha, okay. £200 for that card, free games with it.. 8GB as well at 1560Mhz core clock - seems really good to me for 1080p. This might even last me another 3 years at running games at 1080p on ultra settings.. really tempting. Just everyone is bashing AMD for their drivers.. but NVIDIA is a little too expensive for me rn.

As an Nvidia users - I have plenty of driver issues myself sooo, trust me, drivers are super buggy on both sides.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

As an Nvidia users - I have plenty of driver issues myself sooo, trust me, drivers are super buggy on both sides.

Nvidia's Shadowplay is far superior to AMD's Relive (doesn't let you set some hotkeys and such and is buggy), but on the driver front they're pretty equal. I'd give AMD the edge due to them including wattman so you don't need Afterburner or something for overclocking. Their UI is much better than the old Nvidia control panel look, and you don't need an account to check for drivers from the utility (you do for Nvidia's GeForce Experience because... reasons or something). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Nvidia's Shadowplay is far superior to AMD's Relive (doesn't let you set some hotkeys and such and is buggy), but on the driver front they're pretty equal. I'd give AMD the edge due to them including wattman so you don't need Afterburner or something for overclocking. Their UI is much better than the old Nvidia control panel look, and you don't need an account to check for drivers from the utility (you do for Nvidia's GeForce Experience because... reasons or something). 

Funnily enough, I adamantly refuse to install GFE - it's messed up an OS image twice now when updating. It's just....wow. I'm not the only one btw - googling reveals it's not rare for that to happen.

12 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

12 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Funnily enough, I adamantly refuse to install GFE - it's messed up an OS image twice now when updating. It's just....wow. I'm not the only one btw - googling reveals it's not rare for that to happen.

Hmm, I see. So the card I showed above might be the one I'll get I guess.  As in, THIS

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

On 8/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, 5x5 said:

After R6 Siege crashes, this is the kind of stuff I see.

Can you confirm that this is indeed a GPU issue and it's just.. unusable for gaming?

artifact.png

Just now, 5x5 said:

It sure looks like it.

Yeah - ordered the card anyways. It's unusable, I can only browse of play games like SW:The Old Republic which isnt GPU heavy at all - more so CPU - and that is all. Has the power and usability of an intergrated Intel HD chip sadly.. sad that it came to this. But - least I upgrade a bit. Also found RAM in my office that I nicked - so 16GB it is :) 

40 minutes ago, SHiFT said:

Yeah - ordered the card anyways. It's unusable, I can only browse of play games like SW:The Old Republic which isnt GPU heavy at all - more so CPU - and that is all. Has the power and usability of an intergrated Intel HD chip sadly.. sad that it came to this. But - least I upgrade a bit. Also found RAM in my office that I nicked - so 16GB it is :) 

That's usually how it goes. First it's unstable under high load. Then it becomes fucky under low load. After that even browsing the web becomes impossible and finally all you can do with the card is stare at a BIOS screen. It's an old GPU, though, over 5 years now. It's time has come it seems.

Just now, 5x5 said:

That's usually how it goes. First it's unstable under high load. Then it becomes fucky under low load. After that even browsing the web becomes impossible and finally all you can do with the card is stare at a BIOS screen. It's an old GPU, though, over 5 years now. It's time has come it seems.

Yeah man - thanks for your help and time. I was out of the hardware game for long so I'm back to a noob status.

I'll just play Hearthstone all weekend :D - I also found a used i7-4790 and a QUADRO card in old office.. so I can shift those and my GPU will be even cheaper haha.