FreeNAS 11.2U5 installer refusing to boot.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07L2MF5LH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got one of these dirt cheap used and just for fun i want to play around with freenas on it (i have a few external HDD's  lying around :D ). But it always stops at uart0 as seen in the vid:

I would appreciate any clues or guesses.... Thanks in advance! :)

/Update

Tried with my single thumb drive that has a activity led, no activity after it stops there.

Update2

Verbose boot:

Edited by jagdtigger

Do you need freenas? Id try one of the other many nas distros, or just run a linux distro or windows on this system

Seems to be an issue reading from the usb. Try booting from a cd or a floppy or network and see if that helps.

FreeBSD normally isn't to happy on weird hardware, and thats not a great box, id return that and get something like a used buiness desktop that have much better support and are much faster.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

and thats not a great box

For ~30€ it wasnt that bad of a deal...As for booting fro floppy(<- what a joke :D ) or cd those would use the usb too.... IDK about network boot, dont ven know if its capable of it. Its BIOS is pretty bare-bones.

/EDIT

Yep, it has.

6 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

For ~30€ it wasnt that bad of a deal...As for booting fro floppy(<- what a joke :D ) or cd those would use the usb too.... IDK about network boot, dont ven know if its capable of it. Its BIOS is pretty bare-bones.

/EDIT

Yep, it has.

Can you try a linux distro on it? Why do you want freenas exactly? openmediavault or debian should do what you want here.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you try a linux distro on it? Why do you want freenas exactly? openmediavault or debian should do what you want here.

It had ubuntu server running on it for a while(temporary honeypot so i can capture some packets, it was running non-stop).  Aside from the weird SDIO wifi it has i didnt noticed anything unusual. As for freenas im planning on building a box sometime in the future. In the meantime i could play around with this.

Edited by jagdtigger

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

It had ubuntu server running on it for a while(temporary honeypot so i can capture some packets, it was running non-stop).  Aside from the weird SDIO wifi it has i didnt noticed anything unusual. As for freenas im planning on building a box sometime in the future. In the meantime i could play around with this.

so why not use ubuntu server as a nas if it works?

Have you gone to the FreeNAS forums yet?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

48 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

so why not use ubuntu server as a nas if it works?

Good old lazyness? (No webUI...) 9_9 Also give openmediavault a try but it either throws a kernel panic or says i should load the kernel first....

5 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Have you gone to the FreeNAS forums yet?

Nope, thought give it a shot here maybe ill got lucky... :D

37 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Good old lazyness? (No webUI...) 9_9 Also give openmediavault a try but it either throws a kernel panic or says i should load the kernel first....

Nope, thought give it a shot here maybe ill got lucky... :D

Its super easy on ubuntu server, just setup samba, its one config file to setup, Really not hard.

Or just do it on windows 10

9 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

windows 10

As far as im concerned that junk is a malicious software and junk, not an OS...

What are you using as the drive with the installer on it and what drive are you trying to install it on? I've had numerous issues with thumbdrives and freenas (bricked about 4 thumbdrives) before getting a 32GB ssd as a boot drive and never had any problems. So maybe switching the boot drive or installer drive would work?

49 minutes ago, Olaf6541 said:

What are you using as the drive with the installer on it and what drive are you trying to install it on? I've had numerous issues with thumbdrives and freenas (bricked about 4 thumbdrives) before getting a 32GB ssd as a boot drive and never had any problems. So maybe switching the boot drive or installer drive would work?

Well bootdrive is soldered on(emmc) so no chance of changing that. Plus the installer cant even boot up. I already tried 2 thumbdrives that worked so far in all cases so IDK what could i do.

/EDIT

Tried booting from a toshiba ssd via a samsung sata->usb adapter but no luck...

26 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Well bootdrive is soldered on(emmc) so no chance of changing that. Plus the installer cant even boot up. I already tried 2 thumbdrives that worked so far in all cases so IDK what could i do.

Can you try to install 11.1 to see if its a problem with the installer?

10 minutes ago, Olaf6541 said:

Can you try to install 11.1 to see if its a problem with the installer?

Stops at the same spot, plus both image boots just fine in vbox.