Youtube and discrimination

Faisal A
37 minutes ago, wANKER said:

Somewhat relevant concepts in the video 

That was short and sweet. I liked that video. Ill probably use it in the future.

6 hours ago, Faisal A said:

@Levent Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in WITHOUT BEING CRITICISED and radiculed 

You'd end up banning all religions, political parties, satire/comedy,  LTT (shock, horror!)... You'd be left in a world full of Tellytubbies and Muppets. It may be fun for 5 year olds but after that age suicide rates would skyrocket.

Maybe that's what you want :F

Proud father of three sweet  PCs:

"Bluey" i7 920 (11yo), "Burninator" Phenom 955 (10yo), "Rhyz" 3700x (2yo)

6 hours ago, Levent said:

good ole freedom of speech.

Only in America: I once said that I prefer illegal streams over cinemas. I got an email from youtube a few months later that someone got salty and complained which lead youtube to remove it. ?
It is also hardly free speech in Germany anymore due to our strict new hate speech law. I stopped posting on social media because it is too dangerous if you have a certain political opinion. 

9 hours ago, Faisal A said:

image.png.f4e8ae6addc54b558a458289472b3d15.png

Without knowing which religion this is referring to (probably not Christianity because no one cares when people mock that), let me say that religion is a choice and as such, I don't think we should be calling it "hate speech" just because someone takes issue with it or uses harsh language against it. And as something that is a choice, we ALL need to buck up and deal with it when someone says something that we don't like.

As a Christian, I'm used to people saying all kinds of "hateful" crap about my faith and I totally support their right to do so.

9 hours ago, Faisal A said:

@Levent Freedom of speech is the right to criticise someone without getting arrested by the government. Sure people have a right to criticise about a religion but not saying it in a racist like swearing at them in process. Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without being criticised and radiculed

God forbid they swear at you.

And since when is swearing racist?

And btw, you just contradicted yourself. You just said people have a right to criticize a religion but then go on to say that you should have a right not to be criticized. You can't have it both ways.

Criticism is part of life and part of a healthy development. If you can't learn to deal with it, you are going to have a very tough and emotionally difficult life ahead of you. The best way to deal with it is to defend your choices and beliefs. If you can't defend them... well... maybe think twice about what you believe.

12 hours ago, Faisal A said:

Why is nothing being done about hate speech ?

Because it’s Google and they haven’t got around to building an algorithm to fix this problem. Historically YouTube comment and hate have gone hand and hand. I tend to not read comments. As they say if you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If it’s a controversial topic, don’t look at the YouTube comments.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Because it’s Google and they haven’t got around to building an algorithm to fix this problem. Historically YouTube comment and hate have gone hand and hand. I tend to not read comments. As they say if you can’t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. 

Because they don't have to. Why build a robot when you can just wait for some living entity file a report. I sure they already have their hands full sorting out those reports.

Unless there's a dire need from advertisers that they must moderate the comments or else they'll loose ad money. No money no robot.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

20 hours ago, Mooshi said:

To be fair, a lot of pointless conflict was caused by religion. The world would be arguably a better place if people didn't use it as a way to justify discrimination towards others or even justification for murder.

Just sayin

And this is coming from someone baptized in a Catholic church.

Maybe so, but banning religion is not the answer. And "fuck your whole religion" comments are even less useful.

At least that's the opinion of this atheist.

6 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Maybe so, but banning religion is not the answer. And "fuck your whole religion" comments are even less useful.

I would say that "fuck your religion" comments aren't the answer and banning religion is even less useful.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Faisal A said:

I have just clicked on a video and scrolled through the comments and must have reported at least 100 comments so far.

You sir have a lot of time on your hands. I'm not going to sit around and try and moderate youtubes comment section. Not worth my time, I'd prefer to ignore those comments and move along.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

To answer the OP there is an EASY answer to this one.  Alphabet/Google/ YouTube realize that allowing a certain amount of hateful speech leads to revenue for them.  Think how many people, watch and re visit videos where the comments are a hate filled ***t show.  Coming back again and again to see what was posted and respond to it.  That gets them views, and more revenue. 

This is essentially the same reason why such speech is not removed from any other social media type site.  

They profit from our outrage. 

Youtube is big, like REALLY big, do you think they're going to bother monitoring every single video on their platform looking for offensive comments?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 8/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, spartaman64 said:

what if someone says muslims are fucking awesome or fuck muslim haters

Yeah but is that language still appropriate no matter it’s use

Just now, PCYOYO said:

Yeah but is that language still appropriate no matter it’s use

im just saying that they cant code it so they ban anyone who uses those two words next to each other because it will catch a lot of false alarms