Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

What are the GPUs that no one should never buy?

Posted · Original PosterOP

What are the GPUs that if you see their name you must run for your life even if you are building the cheapest PC on earth?

its like saying you shouldnt drink your piss, but what do you plan doing when you are stranded in desert with nothing but sand around?

Just now, Levent said:

its like saying you shouldnt drink your piss, but what do you plan doing when you are stranded in desert with nothing but sand around?

One of my friends if building a super cheap PC refurbished parts and he wants to know which GPUs he should really avoid....

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

One of my friends if building a super cheap PC refurbished parts and he wants to know which GPUs he should really avoid....

I wouldnt suggest anyone to get a GFX card that has less than 2G GDDR5 vram and doesnt support DX12 (look up HD78/7900 GCN cards, they the best bang for your buck imo)

5 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I mean any gpu realistically aslong as u dont buy a fake clone from china or its a 10 year old model is gonna be better than intel integrated. You can buy a 1050 for about £60 on ebay now and anything less than that your really not gonna run anything. Search around for 960;s or 760s if thats still to expensive but aslong as you stick to known brands theres nothing really thats gonna blow up or something.

Remember to give me those smiley face things or tick or the i if i do a good post.

Team Blue, so understand I will be unreasonable to Intel V AMD Arguments even if i ever buy a AMD rig, i will still be anti AMD. Me saying AMD is OK is a big thing to me so be happy and go away.

Alienware 17r5

500D SE sexy rgb build incoming.

Widescreen build incoming for music production featuring zen 3

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid, I have a problem about spending too much money on a Motherboard.

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

IHaveTimeToKill/KillToTimeHaveI

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

Just now, Levent said:

I wouldnt suggest anyone to get a GFX card that has less than 2G GDDR5 vram and doesnt support DX12 (look up HD78/7900 GCN cards, they the best bang for your buck imo)

I want a list of GPUs he should avoid not GPUs he should use...

• Nvidia
    • Anything with a model number less than x50 (e.g. gt 210, gt 730). These are basically only good for watching youtube videos
    • Anything with a model number less than 700 (e.g. gt680, gt550ti). These are too old for anything useful

• AMD
    • Anything with a model number less than x60. These are basically only good for watching youtube videos
    • Anything with a 4 digit model number. These are too old for anything useful

• ATI
    • Just no. Too old

• 3DFX
    • Definitely No.

• General
    • If it has VGA, Stay Away (it's likely a scam anyway)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME
NotCPUCores Dev | Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Just now, The Torrent said:

I mean any gpu realistically aslong as u dont buy a fake clone from china or its a 10 year old model is gonna be better than intel integrated. You can buy a 1050 for about £60 on ebay now and anything less than that your really not gonna run anything. Search around for 960;s or 860s if thats still to expensive but aslong as you stick to known brands theres nothing really thats gonna blow up or something.

He is looking into buying Radeon HD 5450... it is not a chinese clone and it is less than 10 years old... he is looking into the 2 GB model

I want a list of GPUs he should avoid not GPUs he should use...

any fake clones from china.

Like the first guy said

Your asking about which drink to really avoid, but your still gonna drink the drinks if your thirsty, unless its a chineese poison (aka a made in china fake gtx clone)

Remember to give me those smiley face things or tick or the i if i do a good post.

Team Blue, so understand I will be unreasonable to Intel V AMD Arguments even if i ever buy a AMD rig, i will still be anti AMD. Me saying AMD is OK is a big thing to me so be happy and go away.

Alienware 17r5

Gaming Routers are Stupid, I have a problem about spending too much money on a Motherboard.

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

He is looking into buying Radeon HD 5450... it is not a chinese clone and it is less than 10 years old... he is looking into the 2 GB model

You can watch youtube with that and that's it. Even minecraft is almost to much for that thing.

2 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:
  • Nvidia
    • Anything with a model number less than x50 (e.g. gt 210, gt 730). These are basically only good for watching youtube videos
    • Anything with a model number less than 700 (e.g. gt680, gt550ti). These are too old for anything useful

• AMD
    • Anything with a model number less than x60. These are basically only good for watching youtube videos
    • Anything with a 4 digit model number. These are too old for anything useful

• ATI
    • Just no. Too old

• 3DFX
    • Definitely No.

• General
    • If it has VGA, Stay Away (it's likely a scam anyway)

680 still a fine card if someones doing a build under a hundred quid or something

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

680 still a fine card if someones doing a build under a hundred quid or something

I mean it's not a BAD card but 5xx and 6xx drivers are EoL as of last year. 

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME
NotCPUCores Dev | Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You can watch youtube with that and that's it. Even minecraft is almost to much for that thing.

Minecraft can work on pretty much any GPU since it is depending on CPU, minecraft is not the way to benchmark any GPU...

Sorry but this makes no sense. 

Context is required. 

I mean, if you only want extra monitor outputs, there is no reason to not get an old cheap low-end card for example even though it can't really handle anything else well. 

4 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Minecraft can work on pretty much any GPU since it is depending on CPU, minecraft is not the way to benchmark any GPU...

tell that to people with mods

i say avoid Radeon HD 5450. Integrated grapgics are better

srsly what can that run.

You need to ask more which graphics card he should get. Whats his build and what will he use the pc for and budget

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

Just now, WereCat said:

tell that to people with mods

Base minecraft got a lot more gpu intensive tho. The hd6450 I had been using as a test gpu really was having a hard time keepin 60fps in mc even with a i7 2600k which was odd but after looking up it seems that mc is just more of a gpu hog nowadays compared to 2012.

The best way for us to help here is to get a full speclist of the current build (especially the psu used), then a budget and then we can help look.

32 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

What are the GPUs that if you see their name you must run for your life even if you are building the cheapest PC on earth?

If you're wanting to build a budget PC, anything with NVidia in front of it.

At this point I can say confidently that you shouldn't buy a voodoo card... unless you are building a retro gaming PC... in which case maybe you should.

the problem with this question is there is probably some edge use case to literally recommend any card. It may be due to price, it may be for power consumption, it may even be because the person does not want to paint parts and the only thing they want is a particular shade of fuchsia on a graphics card  (probably very rare case, but somebody out there wants it) and it only came on one manufacturer's Nvidia GT 420, but it matches their curtains where the case will sit so its what they want. 

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

The HD 5450 is exactly the type of card everyone just told you/them to avoid, it isn't 10 years old but it is 9 1/2 years old. It's an ATI card and just that shows the age. Even if it's a two GB model it's an old card that is not nearly as good as a newer 2GB model from the 7 series or even 6 series GTX cards. If you or your friend can find a GTX 750ti that would be a hell of a lot better than the HD 5450. If they're looking for a cheap card and 2GB of Vram is all they need I think the GTX 750ti is a great option.

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Evga GTX 1080ti FTW3 Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

But seriously, if your buying less than a 1050, your really not gonna be doing any gaming so tbh just stick to integrated. Any intergrated is better than the gpu ur friend is getting

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

3 hours ago, The Torrent said:

But seriously, if your buying less than a 1050, your really not gonna be doing any gaming so tbh just stick to integrated. Any intergrated is better than the gpu ur friend is getting

When an integrated GPU in the CPU that has only 20 stream processors and less MHz be better than AMD Radeon HD 5450 which has 80 stream processors and more MHz...

4 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

When an integrated GPU in the CPU that has only 20 stream processors and less MHz be better than AMD Radeon HD 5450 which has 80 stream processors and more MHz...

well according to userbenchmark any intergrated graphics, even mobile ones, are miles miles MILES better than that graphics card,

Alienware 17r5

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg