Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youself

Where can I download a highly compressed GTA IV? (Linus Tech Tips)

also it's mathematically impossible to compress anything large with unique parts to anything appreciably smaller. otherwise everything could be compressed into a 1 bit file ._.

text files or many files of the same format, sure. programs, usually no.

Download Highly Compressed GTA IV  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the method

• Real
    • Fake
    • There is no method
  2. 2. What is fake method

• Nothing Fake Method
    • Computer Virus
    • Does not work

1 minute ago, youself said:

Where can I download a highly compressed GTA IV? Does GTA IV compressed work?

why ask? low on data?

anyway there is cracked highly compressed version zipped to 13.2Gb

I have no idea what you're asking, but you can download GTA IV here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/12210/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV/

It requires 16GB of space on your drive, so expect the download to be within that range.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

21 minutes ago, youself said:

Where can I download a highly compressed GTA IV?

Pretty sure that'd fall under piracy and that's not a topic admins like here.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

also it's mathematically impossible to compress anything large with unique parts to anything appreciably smaller. otherwise everything could be compressed into a 1 bit file ._.

text files or many files of the same format, sure. programs, usually no.

By buying the game on console.

Considering what you're asking for is basically piracy, as you're not obtaining the game from a proper source, you're not going to get any help from this forum.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Here's something controversial, how about you read the answers in the site you linked?

i've been staying away from that site for rough advice and whatnot, lol ._. stackoverflow's much better and also moderated

Just now, lewdicrous said:

While I agree with you, in this case, the question was answered on that site, I'm honestly clueless as to why he linked it in the first place..

even the answer ._. i don't have GTA V, but compressing a game from 12GB to 4GB (basically 34% of its original size), my guess is on bullcrap

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

While I agree with you, in this case, the question was answered on that site, I'm honestly clueless as to why he linked it in the first place..

Most likely because they didn't like the answer there and was hoping that we'd sprinkle some magic dust in the air and offer a more-to-their-liking answer.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

even the answer ._. i don't have GTA V, but compressing a game from 12GB to 4GB (basically 34% of its original size), my guess is on bullcrap

If the person who compressed it didn't delete anything, then yea, it's too good to be true.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Most likely because they didn't like the answer there and was hoping that we'd sprinkle some magic dust in the air and offer a more-to-their-liking answer.

Magic dust machine doesn't work..

Here's a list of Discord servers, cause why not.

It's often highly compressed cut-scenes, audio, games usually use 'easy' formats, so you can have 4k wmv cutscenes that take 15GB, but someone compressed them into 1080p x265 taking 1GB of space, sometimes it's converted back during install so in the unpacked game it takes more. You can't outdo reality, but there are smart methods to get 90% experience with several times smaller download.

But usually you can expect it to simply lack certain things, like GTA Vice City without radio music.

Repacks aren't necessarily piracy if you still active the game the "correct way" without cracks and alike.

That said, 16gb for the full game is considerably low for today's standards so just download from official sources.

if you meant cracked however then yeah that's against the CS.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Crucial Ballistix |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

-Locked-

There's no way to get around this topic without discussing piracy.

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a