Trouble finding the optimal WiFi set up.

Hey guys. I have been struggling with the research for finding the optimal networking/wifi setup. Because I currently reside in an approximately 3600 square feet house, I need a good setup that can reach very far. The problem is that I have no idea what combination of components I should purchase. From what I can see, mesh network routers seem to have their own separate flaws depending on the company and it's hard to determine which one is the least bad. I also don't really know if it would be better to get a modem with a router (or a combination, however, I heard that it's better to keep them separate) and then get a wifi extender, or even just get rid of the concept of increasing the wifi range with another component and instead opt for the Motorola MG7700 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRZ2KW5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1JCDPLP2335KA&psc=1 ) which supposedly already has a decently long range which would save some hassle and money. Money is not really a big issue, but I would prefer something within reason. So what components do any of you recommend?

Thank you.

“If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. ” 
- Michael Crichton

The ideal solution would be if you are able to run an ethernet cable from the position of your router to the locations you need to boost your signal. 

For example I have a Netgear Orbi mesh system, but am actually using ethernet backhaul instead of wireless. There are two advantages to this from my point of view:

1. The ethernet backhaul means faster and more reliable network (though I must say when I tested the wireless backhaul it was actually almost as good).

2. By using a mesh solution it allows for roaming between the router and the satellites to work properly. I used to have a router and access point (again connected by ethernet) but the roaming and the hand off between them did not work very well.

10 hours ago, Onoria said:

The ideal solution would be if you are able to run an ethernet cable from the position of your router to the locations you need to boost your signal. 

For example I have a Netgear Orbi mesh system, but am actually using ethernet backhaul instead of wireless. There are two advantages to this from my point of view:

1. The ethernet backhaul means faster and more reliable network (though I must say when I tested the wireless backhaul it was actually almost as good).

2. By using a mesh solution it allows for roaming between the router and the satellites to work properly. I used to have a router and access point (again connected by ethernet) but the roaming and the hand off between them did not work very well.

Dont think I can do that, sorry. I need a strictly wireless system. So would you recommend the Netgear Orbi Mesh system for wireless?

“If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. ” 
- Michael Crichton

On 8/13/2019 at 4:14 AM, Dvdtrk said:

feet

How big are you feet? ?

From AT. :x

14 hours ago, Dvdtrk said:

Dont think I can do that, sorry. I need a strictly wireless system. So would you recommend the Netgear Orbi Mesh system for wireless?

Yeah I find the Orbi system really good - even using the wireless backhaul, however wireless is so dependent on the environment that it's hard to say it will work for you. My house is timber framed, so that helps. 

Based on the square footage I would say a router and 2 satellites would do the trick, but you know your house layout better than me.

I think RBK53S is the SKU you would be looking at. Or you might be able to get a better deal buying separately.. I don't know.