Corsair vengeance LPX not performing as advertised?

Finished my ryzen 3700X PC and I tried turning XMP on and rebooting. The system power cycled a few times then booted in safe mode and gave a system instability message. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

R7 3700X

Wraith prism cooler

Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb(2x8gb) DDR4 3600 CL18

ROG STRIX X470-F

RTX 2080 Ti

Just now, Airdragonz said:

Update the bios. Some motherboards had issues with ram compatibility in early bios revisions. 

Since the 3700X is in the motherboard already, the BIOS must be updated

@Dobby_is_free are there multiple XMP profiles?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

No there is only one

1 minute ago, Dobby_is_free said:

No there is only one

Have you attempted manual OC instead of XMP?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

XMP profiles, much like auto overclocks are very hit or miss. Try setting the XMP specs yourself and see if the PC behaves the same.

My kit worked on a mobo but didn't work on another, it wasn't representative of the RAM kit not meeting spec. Not to say it's impossible that you have a RAM not meeting spec. It's an approved kit, right?

Asus' BIOS for the Ryzen 3000 series has apparently not been that good either. Have you updated by any chance? You're running on X470 rather than 570 so I'd want to think so but it's worth making sure.

Just now, fasauceome said:

Have you attempted manual OC instead of XMP?

No, been scared of bricking it as this is only my second system

1 minute ago, Aprime said:

XMP profiles, much like auto overclocks are very hit or miss. Try setting the XMP specs yourself and see if the PC behaves the same.

My kit worked on a mobo but didn't work on another, it wasn't representative of the RAM kit not meeting spec. Not to say it's impossible that you have a RAM not meeting spec. It's an approved kit, right?

Asus' BIOS for the Ryzen 3000 series has apparently not been that good either. Have you updated by any chance? You're running on X470 rather than 570 so I'd want to think so but it's worth making sure.

Yes I checked and the exact kit is listed on the supported kits. I have not checked to see if it's the latest bios, I purchased it from a retailer that had already updated it be compatible with Zen 2.

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It could be but some of the X570 boards including some X470 and B450 had memory issues with zen 2 so they had to be updated again to get the memory working correctly.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 2 weeks later...

hey did you fix your issue have the same ram with similar problem. When i run it on XMP profile i get kernel error 41 after a few hours.  Running on x570 Aours ultra, 3700x.

Do you have the RAM inserted into the right slots for your motherboard? Several manufacturers have specific slots you have to put them in to get them to work right.

Also, none of the Ryzen stuff currently supports 3600 RAM, so if the motherboard doesn't have it listed on their compatibility list, (that's RAM they tested in that motherboard) you're taking the consequences into your own hands.

And lastly, it could just be that you have bad RAM.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Increase dram voltage a bit; some well start at 1.2v with xmp but they usually need 1.35+

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x