air cooling to water cooling?/

Go to solution Solved by Zando_,
13 minutes ago, ad1das said:

Well unless you do one of the AIO cooling mods, you aren't going to find a water block for a 2060....

Bykski makes them, lol. They even have waterblocks for the 1050 Ti IIRC. 

ok so im considering going from air cooling to water cooling. i have a coolermaster haf xb which supports a 120 rad, and a 240 rad, i would want to use both for 9700k and asus dual rtx 2060 o6g. any suggestions. 

Suggestions of what? AIO or custom loop?

The only suggestion I have is to not try liquid cooling an rtx 2060, as it can't produce enough heat for it to be viable, you're way better off buying a better gpu with the money you'd spend on water cooling that.

Water cooling is generally quieter, more effective, and (subjectively) looks better. If you go with water, get at least a 240mm radiator, 120mm isn't a good value.

If you're talking custom cooling I wouldn't recommend against it, if you have the extra cash. While it's the most effective feasible cooling solution, it comes at a very steep cost and can lead to damaged components if not hooked up properly (leaks). Whether it be custom loops or AIO's, I prefer them both over air coolers.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

5 hours ago, Rallenhayestime said:

Suggestions of what? AIO or custom loop?

The only suggestion I have is to not try liquid cooling an rtx 2060, as it can't produce enough heat for it to be viable, you're way better off buying a better gpu with the money you'd spend on water cooling that.

i just bought this setup a week ago. dont need the extra power was doing it for looks. 

4 hours ago, BigDamn said:

Water cooling is generally quieter, more effective, and (subjectively) looks better. If you go with water, get at least a 240mm radiator, 120mm isn't a good value.

If you're talking custom cooling I wouldn't recommend against it, if you have the extra cash. While it's the most effective feasible cooling solution, it comes at a very steep cost and can lead to damaged components if not hooked up properly (leaks). Whether it be custom loops or AIO's, I prefer them both over air coolers.

you cant get a aio for the gpu. i am wondering if there is any blocks for that card? just trying to make it look better

2 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

you cant get a aio for the gpu. i am wondering if there is any blocks for that card? just trying to make it look better

You can actually buy AIO water coolers for GPU's. I don't know if it's possible with your specific card but you can google it. You can also certainly find a waterblock for your GPU from EK Waterblocks. A simple Google search will reveal that.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

15 hours ago, BigDamn said:

You can actually buy AIO water coolers for GPU's. I don't know if it's possible with your specific card but you can google it. You can also certainly find a waterblock for your GPU from EK Waterblocks. A simple Google search will reveal that.

i did a google search all i found was for the 2070 version or 2080. nothing from ekwb nothing in google that i could find

14 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

i did a google search all i found was for the 2070 version or 2080. nothing from ekwb nothing in google that i could find

That is because people dont watercool 2060s....  Like another poster stated above, you'd be better off buying a better card with the money you would have spent on cooling the 2060.  

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

3 hours ago, ad1das said:

That is because people dont watercool 2060s....  Like another poster stated above, you'd be better off buying a better card with the money you would have spent on cooling the 2060.  

its not for a "cooling" effect its for looks. if i bought a better card id still want to buy a waterblock for looks. but that is out of my budget. also i specifically bought this setup

But AIO's looks horrible.

So time to turn that 2060 into pretty much a 2070 in terms of cost to get your bling bling effect.

ek-thermosphere$93

$10 bracket

$18 in fittings. 

About $20 in heatsinks for the mem and other parts.

So around $138.

So $399 on the GPU you got $537 into it now.  Rtx 2070 super around $499 and will still look better with a stock heatsink and is way way way faster. 

But it's a 2060. And you just want the hoses come off the side of it so just use something like a Swiftech MCW82 and save some money.

Or just treat it like a Honda Civic since you don't care about temps.

Get 2 fittings. Get a 180 deg turn. Drill holes in the shroud for the fittings to hang out. And dremal some of the fins on the heatsink away to fit the turn. Now water goes in and out. It "looks cool" and it's dirt cheap. Just don't tell anyone you did this or post pictures online because you will be made fun of. 

Honestly I think my MSI stock 2080ti heatsinks looked water better then my blocks. And AIO's just look super cheap. Those little tiny baby hoses. 

20190814_111037.jpg

2 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

its not for a "cooling" effect its for looks. if i bought a better card id still want to buy a waterblock for looks. but that is out of my budget. also i specifically bought this setup

Well unless you do one of the AIO cooling mods, you aren't going to find a water block for a 2060....

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

13 minutes ago, ad1das said:

Bykski makes them, lol. They even have waterblocks for the 1050 Ti IIRC. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch