Windows not detecting scanner...

I have a RICOH MP C401 copier/scanner/printer connected via USB to a Vostro 200 running Windows 10. Problem is, Windows fax and scan and Adobe Acrobat refuse to detect the scanner. I can print to it perfectly fine, and I've downloaded all the drivers I can get. Any help? I'm aware dealing with printers can be obnoxiously difficult, but I'm hoping something can be done. I'm pretty literate with computers, so any info you need, I can supply.

Have you tried letting windows auto-detect and use its own generic drivers? For older gear, I have had a lot of luck with this actually. 

I've half fixed the problem. Went to windows settings instead of Device Manger and pressed the +. A 2nd version of the printer showed up with the text "Printer, Scanner". After adding that, I can try to scan from it, but i just get another error.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Did you install the fully featured driver and not a universal one?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Did you install the fully featured driver and not a universal one?

Both. I got a driver installer off of the RICOH website, and it installed the specific driver, I also got the same driver from Windows troubleshooter, as well as a generic driver.

• 4 months later...

Have you considered networking the machine and using the scan to folder option?

I found this to be pretty bulletproof.