Nintendo Switch Recommendations

Zenedge

Just got a nintendo switch and i love this console, i bought hyrule warriors. really great game btw.

but damnnnn.. nintendo games are expensive, i really gotta think wisely which game to get because dropping $60 for a game is kinda a big amount of money for me

i just wanna ask what are your guys game recommendations or like. where i can find switch games for cheaper digitally

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

3 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

Just got a nintendo switch and i love this console, i bought hyrule warriors. really great game btw.

but damnnnn.. nintendo games are expensive, i really gotta think wisely which game to get because dropping $60 for a game is kinda a big amount of money for me

i just wanna ask what are your guys game recommendations or like. where i can find switch games for cheaper digitally

I enjoyed Zelda quite a bit. Mario Maker 2 is a pretty solid choice as the games essentially endless. Smash is pretty fun ( especially with friends).

Processor: Intel i7 11700k MemoryCorsair Vengeance 4x4GB 3200MHZ Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Elite Graphics card: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Edition Storage: x2 120gb SSD, 1tb Samsung Evo, 2TB HDD Case: Corsair 400C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Display's: AOC AG493UCX 49"  Ultra Wide 5120x1440 at 120hz, IPad Mini with Duet Display.

10 minutes ago, LewisPark said:

I enjoyed Zelda quite a bit. Mario Maker 2 is a pretty solid choice as the games essentially endless. Smash is pretty fun ( especially with friends).

ohhh righhttt.. breath of the wild.. ill check that out :D

7 minutes ago, TacoSenpai said:

If you like Hyrule Warriors check out Fire Emblem Warriors its alot cheaper now if I recall.

unfortunately, i havent been able to find a physical copy of that game :(

Smash is my go to recommendation. IMO it is not as much fun as previous entries (more fun than Smash 4, but not than the other ones), but it's a lot of content.

Otherwise I enjoyed Super Mario Party quite a bit, but that's of course more of a multiplayer game. Was probably not worth the 60 USD pricetag...

Another game I would only recommend if you got 1 or more people to play it with it Overcooked, was rather fun. I played Overcooked 2, which I finished with someone else in about 15 hours (story mode).

Of course Mario Kart 8 would be a fun game, but as someone who played the Wii U version quite a bit, I only got it because it came free with my Switch (I bought a Switch MK8D bundle, for the price of a normal Switch).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you are interested in cheaper games, why not mod it? Then you can buy yourself some used games from other systems for cheap and put them on it. I know that isn't exactly what you asked for but emulation and homebrew is the main reason I plan to buy a Switch when the Vita well runs dry.

But more along the lines of what you are suggesting, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is only like $32 on Amazon and should only be like $40 digitally at most. Fantastic game but the Switch port is pretty bad from what Digital Foundry said. I'm not sure if they patched it or not. You might want to look into it.

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

If you are interested in cheaper games, why not mod it? Then you can buy yourself some used games from other systems for cheap and put them on it. I know that isn't exactly what you asked for but emulation and homebrew is the main reason I plan to buy a Switch when the Vita well runs dry.

But more along the lines of what you are suggesting, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is only like $32 on Amazon and should only be like $40 digitally at most. Fantastic game but the Switch port is pretty bad from what Digital Foundry said. I'm not sure if they patched it or not. You might want to look into it.

Extremely doubtful his Switch is hackable unless he bought it used. The ones that close the Fusee Gelee exploit started being manufactured July 2018 and anything in the red box for sale now is a Mariko Switch that is also patched.

Super Mario Odyssey is absolutely first rate. It's far and away the best 3D platformer I have ever played. Zelda BOTW is a little overrated IMO, but is hands down the best game I have ever played when it comes to exploration in an open world. Which makes it a must buy. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a criminally underrated RPG if you're into those kind of games. If you like Hyrule Warriors the two Bayonetta games might be up your alley too, maybe check some reviews to see if they interest you.

Also the Switch has a seriously strong upcoming catalog for 2019. Astral Chain is the game I'm most excited about on any system for this year, and it comes out August 30th. Then you have Zelda: Links Awakening, and I think Ni No Kuni around September 20th. Dragon Quest XIS might also come out that day or somewhere around there. Then you have Luigi's Mansion on Halloween. Pokemon in October or November. I feel like I'm forgetting lots of other stuff.

Also if you're a Hyrule Warriors fan, be on the lookout for Persona 5 Scramble in the future. It's another Musou game like Hyrule Warriors but it should really be unbelievable in that art style with the quality of music Shoji Meguro composes for the series. I can't freaking wait for it.

11 hours ago, Zenedge said:

There are sales on occasions.  Keep an eye on Walmart and Target.  They do occasionally mark some games down to around 44 bucks.  Or, keep an eye out for folks selling used copies in the area.  For digital, Nintendo does on occasions announce sales on titles throughout the year.

For game recommendations:

First party titles:

Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros Ult

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Second party titles:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Bayonetta 2

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Third party titles:

Hollow Knight

Moonlighter

Enter the Gungeon

Disgaea 5 Complete

Octopath Traveler

Collection of Mana

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

20 hours ago, Minibois said:

Smash is my go to recommendation. IMO it is not as much fun as previous entries (more fun than Smash 4, but not than the other ones), but it's a lot of content.

Otherwise I enjoyed Super Mario Party quite a bit, but that's of course more of a multiplayer game. Was probably not worth the 60 USD pricetag...

Another game I would only recommend if you got 1 or more people to play it with it Overcooked, was rather fun. I played Overcooked 2, which I finished with someone else in about 15 hours (story mode).

Of course Mario Kart 8 would be a fun game, but as someone who played the Wii U version quite a bit, I only got it because it came free with my Switch (I bought a Switch MK8D bundle, for the price of a normal Switch).

i loved playing smash, mario kart and overcooked 2 with my brother on his switch, however i wouldnt prefer buying it because its more of a party game. maybe if theres a sale or if i can find a used copy fir 30$

20 hours ago, Sil3nt1 said:

Diablo 3

i have already finished diablo 3 on ps4, so its not a game im really interested in anymore... however it would be nice to play it on the go. 

17 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

im not really interested in playing older titles on the switch. i wanna play the latest :D

16 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Extremely doubtful his Switch is hackable unless he bought it used. The ones that close the Fusee Gelee exploit started being manufactured July 2018 and anything in the red box for sale now is a Mariko Switch that is also patched.

i got my switch used. so its not the new one. but i dont wanna hack my switch.

16 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Super Mario Odyssey is absolutely first rate. It's far and away the best 3D platformer I have ever played. Zelda BOTW is a little overrated IMO, but is hands down the best game I have ever played when it comes to exploration in an open world. Which makes it a must buy. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a criminally underrated RPG if you're into those kind of games. If you like Hyrule Warriors the two Bayonetta games might be up your alley too, maybe check some reviews to see if they interest you.

Also the Switch has a seriously strong upcoming catalog for 2019. Astral Chain is the game I'm most excited about on any system for this year, and it comes out August 30th. Then you have Zelda: Links Awakening, and I think Ni No Kuni around September 20th. Dragon Quest XIS might also come out that day or somewhere around there. Then you have Luigi's Mansion on Halloween. Pokemon in October or November. I feel like I'm forgetting lots of other stuff.

Also if you're a Hyrule Warriors fan, be on the lookout for Persona 5 Scramble in the future. It's another Musou game like Hyrule Warriors but it should really be unbelievable in that art style with the quality of music Shoji Meguro composes for the series. I can't freaking wait for it.

9 hours ago, Ithanul said:

There are sales on occasions.  Keep an eye on Walmart and Target.  They do occasionally mark some games down to around 44 bucks.  Or, keep an eye out for folks selling used copies in the area.  For digital, Nintendo does on occasions announce sales on titles throughout the year.

For game recommendations:

First party titles:

Super Mario Odyssey

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros Ult

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Second party titles:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Bayonetta 2

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Third party titles:

Hollow Knight

Moonlighter

Enter the Gungeon

Disgaea 5 Complete

Octopath Traveler

Collection of Mana

i just bought Breath of the wild and octopath traveler today. so i will be very very busy in the coming days. haha. thanks for the suggestion :D

If you are going to buy 2 full price games, and going to get or have gotten Switch Online service, you have the Voucher offer where you can save 20$. You should read on it. 

These are the games you can get in combination to save up to 20$.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/voucher-compatible-games/

Also, keep in mind that when you games, you get Gold poonts which convert into cash which you can use as a discount on future purchases on the online store. They do expire however, so you need to keep track of that over at my.nintendo.com

It is not much really, but anything helps, helps.

Yes Nintendo games are expensive, and Nintendo own games don't really drop in price. You do have specials however.. so check weakly on the eStore to see the deals. Also, expect black Friday specials and so on.