Had a great time and have two requests for LTX 2020

Metalshark

It was a really great event but two big requests for next year:

1) Add a queue management system. Please let us grab a ticket number or use our mobiles to grab a spot in the queue and do something else with our time (watch a panel, play with the exhibits, catch a game on the BYOC, etc) instead of standing in queues for hours on end. John kinda did this on his blindfolded cable management, but there was no mobile app or screens showing ticket numbers for us to easily gauge when to come back, so had to keep popping back to see how fast groups were progressing.

2) Human temperatures for the BYOC at night. Please don't let the BYOC freeze at night temperature-wise. Either that or continue selling merch (you'd have sold out of hoodies come 2 AM).

Thank you and hope to make it to LTX 2020!

I posted this in discord, but I guess I could put it here. :) (about temperatures, although I think queue management would be a good idea as well.)

Temperature was a freezer?  (That specific phrasing was in response to what someone in discord had said before I posted there.)  How about doing LTX in like southern California? (Or maybe western Arizona or southern Nevada?)  Then I might be able to go (cause I could drive there), AND you guys wouldn't freeze to death (as long as you didn't do it in the mountains).  :)

It gets pretty warm here this time of the year - close to the coast it's usually cooler, but in the inland valleys you can expect at LEAST the 90s I'd think, deserts up around 100-110+ F (in C I think that'd be like 30C = 86F, 35C = 95F, 40C = 104F, 45C = 113F).

And you likely wouldn't freeze overnight either, I remember visiting Vegas several years ago for a conference ... one night after things had wound down for the day, I went out to get some ice cream.  It was midnight, and I'm pretty sure it was about 100 degrees. :P

Some places (I haven't put this in discord yet, idk if I will or not) at the right time of the year can flirt with 120-122 F (49-50 C).  I'd like to see some PC builds, overclocking, etc. attempted in an environment like that. :D

Hehe I can see it now ... doing Scrapyard Wars there ... someone with a $2000 server board, onboard graphics (no dGPU) and 40-watt TDP CPU that's underclocked wins SYW over someone with like a Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 570 because server team went with a good PSU rated at 50C and Tier A+ on the list, and  Ryzen/RX team went with like a 25C or 30C rated PSU from Tier D or lower, AMD's PSU blew up while Server's PSU soldiered on. :P

12 hours ago, Metalshark said:

It was a really great event but two big requests for next year:

1) Add a queue management system. Please let us grab a ticket number or use our mobiles to grab a spot in the queue and do something else with our time (watch a panel, play with the exhibits, catch a game on the BYOC, etc) instead of standing in queues for hours on end. John kinda did this on his blindfolded cable management, but there was no mobile app or screens showing ticket numbers for us to easily gauge when to come back, so had to keep popping back to see how fast groups were progressing.

2) Human temperatures for the BYOC at night. Please don't let the BYOC freeze at night temperature-wise. Either that or continue selling merch (you'd have sold out of hoodies come 2 AM).

Thank you and hope to make it to LTX 2020!

Yeah... It was freezing - we'll make sure to add this to the list we have for improving on for next year.

@CPotter Thank you! Queue management gets my vote if it comes down to a choice. The 2+ hour queues sucked a lot of enjoyment out of the event, with the net effect of making people want to do less instead of more. It was disheartening to see people queue up behind us, wait for over an hour, then give up and do something else (although got very well acquainted with folk both before and after us).

On the positive side at least the low temps got a lot of us being creative at balancing FPS vs Power Viruses and hot air recycling techniques. Silva from Dreamhack also feels bad about it as he HAD THE POWA!

• 3 weeks later...

@Metalshark I am running an independent survey for those who attended LTX19. I am trying to compile data to be used as a tool for job acquisition.
As someone with 16 years of customer service oriented business, event planning and social media marketing; I will be applying for the Event Coordinator position, as soon as @CPotter is home :)  If you would like to have your say on my NOT LMG OFFICIAL Survey, its linked here. https://forms.gle/66AxbXK39ibh72Ve8

On 9/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, Tpbmods said:

@Metalshark I am running an independent survey for those who attended LTX19. I am trying to compile data to be used as a tool for job acquisition.
As someone with 16 years of customer service oriented business, event planning and social media marketing; I will be applying for the Event Coordinator position, as soon as @CPotter is home :)  If you would like to have your say on my NOT LMG OFFICIAL Survey, its linked here. https://forms.gle/66AxbXK39ibh72Ve8

I filled it out to help your data set

On 9/7/2019 at 7:59 AM, Deltawing457 said:

I filled it out to help your data set

Thanks @Deltawing457 ❤️ Im hoping that regardless of getting the position, this information collected will be utilized to make 2020 and even greater year for LTX

• 3 months later...