Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

Why all OEMs do this same thing?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Why the hell are OEM designers so 2 IQ? I mean they put the hard drives just in front of PCI Express slots which is so retard it won't let you make any gaming ATX video card fit in... I mean they can design the hard drive cage location to be about 10 CMs up which would cost the OEM nothing... So why are the designers so damn retard to do that and make you have to mod the case to make an ATX GPU fit in? Are they evil enough to do that on purpose to not allow you to put any ATX gaming GPU in? I Mean if they just move the hard drive cage 10 CMs Up the world would be a much better place... look at how my optiplex 7020 case is designed...

20190617_002848.jpg

20190617_002830.jpg

Because most OEM PC's aren't designed with GPUs that are 10 inches long in mind?

A very small minority of people are gonna have GPUs that long or anything in that PCI-E slot in general.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. I'm gay but that's not a redeeming personality trait for me.

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^

I had to replace my FULL SIZE ATX chassis to fit a GTX1080 because the drive bays were 1/4" too close to the motherboard.

However the case you are showing is a mATX Dell design, so if you bought it with the high end GPU, you'd have received a GPU that fit that space, if it was available at all.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Because most OEM PC's aren't designed with GPUs that are 10 inches long in mind?

A very small minority of people are gonna have GPUs that long or anything in that PCI-E slot in general.

Exactly. These are office PCs, not gamer PCs -- there's an enormous difference.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Honestly don't even need anything super high-end to qualify as "gaming" anyway. There are some very competent GPUs that will fit if you back down from the high end of the silicon food chain a bit. 

At any rate, I've some doubts the PSU will power anything high end anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even see PCI-e power on there. GPUs within the psu limitation will render lack of space entirely moot.

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes even if office PCs why don't they just move the Hard drive cages 10 CMs up? I Mean will they lose anything if they do that ffs?

OEM designed are meant for MAX difficulties for PC upgrade, so you will just have to but another prebuilt.

yeah~ marketing stuff again

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

Yes even if office PCs why don't they just move the Hard drive cages 10 CMs up? I Mean will they lose anything if they do that ffs?

Why would they? What would they gain? A redesign would cost some money since they'd have to retool their templates.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Honestly don't even need anything super high-end to qualify as "gaming" anyway. There are some very competent GPUs that will fit if you back down from the high end of the silicon food chain a bit. 

At any rate, I've some doubts the PSU will power anything high end anyway.

Does any RX 570 dual fan fit in then? Because RX 570 is the very mid-range video card... if it doesn't fit in then this is like the end of the world to triple A gamers like me lol.. Actaully these photos are old.. I made my RX 570 fit but struggled too much to do it.. these photos are old...

Just now, WereCatf said:

Why would they? What would they gain? A redesign would cost some money since they'd have to retool their templates.

What they would gain is no gamers like me would cry about it...

4 minutes ago, pizapower said:

Not room enough?
It can even fit the 980ti.

dmeni1.jpg

Yes because the hard drive cage is removed...

Edit: Also that is a GTX 980 Ti mini... and these GPUs are down clocked which make it weaker than original GTX 980 Ti ... Also this is meant for ITX PCs.. so why would anyone put it in an ATX case?

Just now, InfinityVive said:

You're irrelevant to them, so, you're saying they wouldn't gain anything. Gotcha.

Just now, WereCatf said:

You're irrelevant to them, so, you're saying they wouldn't gain anything. Gotcha.

They would also gain higher market share so more gamers would buy it because upgrade availability...

Just now, InfinityVive said:

They would also gain higher market share so more gamers would buy it because upgrade availability...

They don't want gamers buying office PCs. You can keep on whining about it all day long, if you want, but it wouldn't make financial sense to change things.

4 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Does any RX 570 dual fan fit in then? Because RX 570 is the very mid-range video card... if it doesn't fit in then this is like the end of the world to triple A gamers like me lol.. Actaully these photos are old.. I made my RX 570 fit but struggled too much to do it.. these photos are old...

Well, the RTX 2060 Mini exists (won't even potrude over the board), as does the 1650. There are also mini RX 570s around as well.

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Well, the RTX 2060 Mini exists (won't even potrude over the board), as does the 1650. There are also mini RX 570s around as well.

Why would anyone put ITX gpus in ATX cases?

1 minute ago, InfinityVive said:

Why would anyone put ITX gpus in ATX cases?

Evidently, to prevent this exact headache that you're apparently experiencing. ;)

In the case of mid range cards, you lose absolutely nothing in regards to cooling as the GPUs output less heat.

Here I am with my Evolve shift running an AIO and a 2070 super and this guys is crying about not getting two HDD slots. just tape an SSD anywhere there is free space and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

If they would do that, they might as well shrink whole case.

59 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

56 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

If we are talking about Dell, they don't market Optilex series to gamers. They have Alienware brand for that purpose. Same with HP and Omen. I would take Lenovo as example, but I don't know if they do pre-build desktops for gamers. So if you would do complain directly to them, they would tell you to take a look at their gaming pre-builds instead. Why redesign something of which intended market doesn't care about having gaming-grade GPUs. Now, if FirePro or Quatro doesn't fit there... That's a reason for redesign.

Then again, that mobo still has PCI slot. Meaning that it's older model.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv