System apps not working

Sorry for the vague title, but i don't think i can convey such a specific and unrelated set of problems with a specific title

All of this started absolutely out of nowhere. Not after installing an update, or a program, or anything. I literally turned on my pc and they were there. I also haven't downloaded basically anything outside of steam and official websites, so i highly doubt it's malware (the build is 3 months old and windows defender has found no threats whatsoever)

First thing, almost none of the system apps are working. Settings just freezes as soon as i click on something, control panel is empty, services.msc just opens and freezes as well, among others.

This means i cannot use a recovery point or attempt to revert any windows updates

The other problem is that none of my internet browsers work. Firefox and edge will just stay on the home page, as if they were loading the url i input, but never loading. This means i cannot download anything to it, which reduces my options. 

I'm completely dumbfounded as to why this is happening. Nothing is quite wrong. Both of my HDDs seem to be in working order and i have no problem writing or reading in either. 

I've got an i3 8100 with 8gb of 2400hz ddr4, so it's not that the hardware itself is slow. All of my games and apps load regularly with no slowness whatsoever, just the system apps. 

I've already tried deleting my temp files, updating windows when settings finally loaded after like 30 minutes, turning it off and disconnecting it for around 20 minutes, disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drives, change the RAM slots, etc. 

Is there anything i can do? I REALLY don't want to already have to reinstall windows on a 3 month old build.

Thanks in advance

CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

Not sure why it's happening, but I'd just nuke the drives and reinstall Windows.

You could also give Linux a shot.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Not sure why it's happening, but I'd just nuke the drives and reinstall Windows.

You could also give Linux a shot.

One would mean reinstalling over 500gb of games on a 6mb/s connection which would be a bit short of an eternity

The other one would mean basically giving up most of my games and a $100 windows license.

Might as well wait a bit to see if anything else is possible, back up my games and give reinstalling windows a shot anyways. 

By the way, isn't there any way to use system recovery without the settings app? Like at startup or something?

CPU: Core i3 8100 @ 3,6GHz 

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B360M-DS3H

RAM: 8GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 2400mHz

Storage: 2TB WD 7200RPM HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Case: Deepcool Dukase V3

PSU: Corsair CX450

Keyboard: Cougar Core

Mouse: Logitech G502

Headset: HyperX Cloud Stinger

3 minutes ago, Askingcarpet said:

One would mean reinstalling over 500gb of games on a 6mb/s connection which would be a bit short of an eternity

The other one would mean basically giving up most of my games and a $100 windows license.

Might as well wait a bit to see if anything else is possible, back up my games and give reinstalling windows a shot anyways. 

By the way, isn't there any way to use system recovery without the settings app? Like at startup or something?

IIRC your Windows license is tied to your BIOS, so reinstalling shouldn't get rid of it. You could also probably just leave your game drive alone.

I think you can try some recovery stuff if you boot from an install USB for Windows 10.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈