Should I get the Moto G?

MikeTz

So I'm buying a new mobile phone and because my budget is around 200 euros,the best fitting phone of that category is the Moto G..

But now that Motorola is being sold to Lenovo does that mean that the phone will not have support by Motorola(KitKat)?? Should I be worried or should I buy the phone?

Thanks in advance

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

if you really want the latest and greatest versions of android you will probably need to mod your phone in the end
since google will no longer support it i doubt they will have updates rolling for it

They will still release Kitkat for it, nothing changed. Only future models might be different.

They will still release Kitkat for it, nothing changed. Only future models might be different.

That's ok I only need KitKat on it.

Thanks

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

if you really want the latest and greatest versions of android you will probably need to mod your phone in the end

since google will no longer support it i doubt they will have updates rolling for it

But then how does every other company roll updates without being a part of Google?

My question is whether Motorola will support it. 

Big fat YES.

Erica Griffin (Youtuber) dumped one Moto G under water for 30 minutes even, came out fine. I would even say it is (hidden) waterproof.

That video was her most recent one btw so check it out if you can.

My sister had the Moto G, excellent device.

Big fat YES.

Erica Griffin (Youtuber) dumped one Moto G under water for 30 minutes even, came out fine. I would even say it is (hidden) waterproof.

That video was her most recent one btw so check it out if you can.

My sister had the Moto G, excellent device.

Thanks

So I'm buying a new mobile phone and because my budget is around 200 euros,the best fitting phone of that category is the Moto G..

But now that Motorola is being sold to Lenovo does that mean that the phone will not have support by Motorola(KitKat)?? Should I be worried or should I buy the phone?

Thanks in advance

If you can maybe you should get a Google Play Edition Moto G since you are in Germany. If not then get a normal 16 GB verision from a local retailer (Cyberport or something like that) You can later invest in some Shells from Motorola to have a more Moto X experience. Oh and it allready has KitKat 4.4.2 on it so... Good luck.

If you can maybe you should get a Google Play Edition Moto G since you are in Germany. If not then get a normal 16 GB verision from a local retailer (Cyberport or something like that) You can later invest in some Shells from Motorola to have a more Moto X experience. Oh and it allready has KitKat 4.4.2 on it so... Good luck.

Unfortunately  there is no Google Play Edition where I live so i'll have to do with the normal version.But thanks for the info.

Also i'm from Greece ;)

Unfortunately  there is no Google Play Edition where I live so i'll have to do with the normal version.But thanks for the info.

Also i'm from Greece ;)

Sorry my bad. I have read about 25 to 30 reviews for the Moto G because I want to uy it myself and so far so good. I think that you will love it.

Sorry my bad. I have read about 25 to 30 reviews for the Moto G because I want to uy it myself and so far so good. I think that you will love it.

Thanks  :D

Motorola rolls out the updates for the Moto X and Moto G, not Google. There shouldn't be any difference in updates after their acquisition by Lenovo.

But then how does every other company roll updates without being a part of Google?

My question is whether Motorola will support it. 

most of them do like 2 updates on their mainflagship phone and they come about 2-4 months after google

it depends if lenovo whatsd them to support it or not. although i do suspect they will

I just got it two days ago and updated it rigjt away. It's great device considering its price. It replaces my old iphone 4. And it is a major improvement. I should have bought on release :)

As the other are saying, you shouldnt be worried that lenovo has bought motorola. Motorola was already independent when Google owned it. Google just bought mostly because of some portiefolie, I think. As I recall, lenovo will use Motorola as branding or get into the smartphone market. Lenovo will hopefully let Motorola be as independent when they were owned by google.

Thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBXTLLFgDeo

I just got it two days ago and updated it rigjt away. It's great device considering its price. It replaces my old iphone 4. And it is a major improvement. I should have bought on release :)

As the other are saying, you shouldnt be worried that lenovo has bought motorola. Motorola was already independent when Google owned it. Google just bought mostly because of some portiefolie, I think. As I recall, lenovo will use Motorola as branding or get into the smartphone market. Lenovo will hopefully let Motorola be as independent when they were owned by google.

Thanks guys!  :)