[UPDATE DISCOVER] Do these PCB components stop me from replacing a normal screen to a touchscreen?

[UPDATE]

I checked that chip again, I am almost certain that it is a Texas Instruments HD3SS460 4 x 6 Channels USB Type-C™ Alternate Mode MUX, the official document is here:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/hd3ss460.pdf

460IRNH.jpg.29ee17a8dad3d1b1654f5389f458c2c8.jpg

Does this "USB CHIP" envolve i2c touchscreen?

[ORIGINAL CONTENT]

hello guys!

Sorry for my poor English first, I hope you can understand what I am talking about.

I'm trying to modify my LG GRAM 15Z980, replace its non-touchscreen to a touchscreen which is from touchscreen edition of the same Z980 series.

The screen panel can display normally, but the touch function doesn't work. I get an HID I2C error, code 10, in WINDOWS DEVICE MANAGER.

I have tried all software method to fix it like installing fresh windows and update drivers, but they never work.

Then I notice there are some differences on the PCB near the EDP video interface, I can see 2 different components on non-touchscreen edition PCB and touchscreen edition PCB.

I'm not sure if these hardware difference cause the problem or not. I also guess maybe the hidden option in bios lock the touch function.

There is no information online for LG GRAM, it's really not popular like macbook or thinkpad. 

I have uploaded pics in attachments. And bios file is here: https://mega.nz/#!UwJT2QQA!U7PWAU7KFiPds7db-41o8NzqhF4yQxNyiLMTr8unOis

Can anybody help me fix the touchscreen problem?

Thank you so much!

touchscreen edition pcb:

touchscreen_pcb.thumb.png.3788b78c671d2a88215503bb6a5b73fc.png

non-touchscreen edition pcb:

non-touchscreen_pcb.thumb.jpg.9119db2fa2e3c4dc277db40c1aa8386f.jpg

20190811_144338.thumb.jpg.6058139951393c108c6cba0dada4cf12.jpg

20190811_144733.thumb.jpg.ee45690a1d6cbedf7e6c666c8e755522.jpg

non-touchscreen edition pcb back:

non-touchscreen_pcb_back.thumb.jpg.ae23eaae2eaaac25a54b5d456fd22e88.jpg

15 minutes ago, TigerBest said:

I have uploaded pics in attachments.

Those pictures aren't useful, they're too blurry and small to read any markings on those components. Without being able to read the markings, there's not enough information to tell you anything.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

Those pictures aren't useful, they're too blurry and small to read any markings on those components. Without being able to read the markings, there's not enough information to tell you anything.

sorry, the chip is so hard to recognize.

i tried my best to take a photo. i can only take my own non-touchscreen pcb, the touchscreen edition pcb is from a website video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9nO8h4zkLY&t=242s

is this chip just a resistor but not a programming function chip?

20190811_144338.jpg

20190811_144733.jpg

2 minutes ago, TigerBest said:

is this chip just a resistor but not a programming function chip?

No, it's not a resistor. Also, no, I still can't read the markings on it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

I cant read either. well, if it's not a resistor, i'm going to give up.

21 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Hi WereCatf,

I checked that chip again, I am almost certain that it is a Texas Instruments HD3SS460 4 x 6 Channels USB Type-C™ Alternate Mode MUX, the official document is here:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/hd3ss460.pdf

460IRNH.jpg

13 minutes ago, TigerBest said:

I don't think that chip is relevant, though I have no idea why it's on one mobo and not the other. Would need to know what the other chip is and also if there's any difference on the other side as well, but since you don't have the touchscreen-version mobo...