Problem with loading websites

Stav Kats
Go to solution Solved by FUIT1985,
8 hours ago, Stav Kats said:

The scan didn't find anything.

I did all of them in the order you said but still, the problem is still there. I seriously think this computer has a problem. I cannot understand what though.

Can other PCs, tablets, smartphones in your network connect without problems?  Was the antivirus used "Total Security"?

Could you make a speedtest of your network and report the results here?

https://www.speedtest.net/

I would like to make sure that this is not a latency problem.

Is the system clock working properly?

When you connect to villagecinemas.gr do you use http or https? That is, do you connect to

http://www.villagecinemas.gr?

or you connect to

https://www.villagecinemas.gr?

There is a difference, It’s important.

I am having problems with reaching some specific websites. Most websites load correctly but I have found a handful that just don't want to load correctly, showing only text or they are taking forever to load only to just get an error. This also happens on all browsers that I have installed on my system. I have also tried a virtual machine but it still has the same problem. Only when I go to my laptop I can reach this websites. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Also I am plugged in with an ethernet cable and I have tried plugin in a USB Wifi card and using the Wifi. I even changed the network I was connecting too, but the problem still persisted.

Thanks in advance!

image.png.a6d7c03c0ec8aebacf4f5d381f24a1be.png

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Have you installed an antivirus? maybe it has enable a DNS sinkhole as for example Pi-hole

if you don't have an antivirus installed, you just have to change dns.

How to change DNS settings on your PC running Windows 10

by Mauro Huculak  on https://www.windowscentral.com/

•  

Open Control Panel.

Click on Network and Internet.

Click on Network and Sharing Center.

Click the Change adapter settings option in the left pane.

Right-click the network interface connected to the internet, and select the Properties option.

Select and check the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.

Click the Properties button.

Click the Use the following DNS server addresses option.

Type your "preferred" and "alternate" DNS addresses.

Click the OK button.

Click the Close button.

• Google Public DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
  • Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

2 minutes ago, mionome12 said:

How to change DNS settings on your PC running Windows 10

by Mauro Huculak  on https://www.windowscentral.com/

•  

• Google Public DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
  • Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

I have used both Google and Cloudflare DNS but the problem persists :/

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Just now, mionome12 said:

I only have Windows Defender and MalwareBytes running in the background

19 minutes ago, mionome12 said:

you try to change the dns also on the modem router

Just did and nothing changed

9 minutes ago, mionome12 said:

uninstall malwarebytes and restart windows

read this too:

malwarebytes breaks DNS resolution

Nothing changed :/

1 minute ago, mionome12 said:

do you restart windows?

Yes, with every change

For me is a DNS sinkhole of malwarebytes.

try to delete temporary files:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.

• Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select OK.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• try to delete also system files:
    • In Disk Cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• Note: If you notice that the Temp folder fills up quickly after running Disk Cleanup, see Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder.
  • For more on freeing up space on your PC, see Free up drive space in Windows 10.
  • Restart Windows

10 minutes ago, mionome12 said:

For me is a DNS sinkhole of malwarebytes.

try to delete temporary files:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• try to delete also system files:

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• Note: If you notice that the Temp folder fills up quickly after running Disk Cleanup, see Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder.
  • For more on freeing up space on your PC, see Free up drive space in Windows 10.
  • Restart Windows

image.png.aca93d6b6a9c263ccf3391ab8cdafd27.png

Still the same problem, I am really starting to feel that my PC is haunted

Do you think a dns changer malware? For me it's a DNS sinkhole

Try to disable "Prevent security settings changes with tamper protection"

After try again

to delete temporary files:

• Select OK

to delete also system files:

• Select OK.

Restart Windows

So, there's an ISP over in Europe called Plusnet which seems to have turned on some stupid filtering thing for its users as of late (which is causing issues for those users that use PIA as it's preventing it from working). Are you by chance with them? If so, look into Plusnet SafeGuard and see if that's the issue. 

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

6 hours ago, mionome12 said:

if it don't work again read this post, maybe there is a solution for your issue:

How to Fix ‘ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR’ on Google Chrome

by Jay Thakkar on https://www.thesslstore.com

sorry, I can't do more. I hope I have been helpful ...

I have tried everything really but the problem is still there. Thanks a lot for your time, really.

3 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

So, there's an ISP over in Europe called Plusnet which seems to have turned on some stupid filtering thing for its users as of late (which is causing issues for those users that use PIA as it's preventing it from working). Are you by chance with them? If so, look into Plusnet SafeGuard and see if that's the issue. 

No I am not with Plusnet. I really don't know what the problem is

All your browsers are locked, that's why I think it's a dns sinkhole. Try to clean Windows Registry and to delete inside it the folders of previous installed antivirus apps (malwarebytes, kaspersky, etc). This is a wikihow to do it:

How to Clean the Windows Registry by Hand

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Windows-Registry-by-Hand

15 minutes ago, mionome12 said:

All your browsers are locked, that's why I think it's a dns sinkhole. Try to clean Windows Registry and to delete inside it the folders of previous installed antivirus apps (malwarebytes, kaspersky, etc). This is a wikihow to do it:

How to Clean the Windows Registry by Hand

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Windows-Registry-by-Hand

After this you try to clear or flush the dns cache and restart windows

How Flush the DNS Cache in Windows

How to Clear or Flush the DNS Cache in Windows

1 hour ago, mionome12 said:

After this you try to clear or flush the dns cache and restart windows

How Flush the DNS Cache in Windows

How to Clear or Flush the DNS Cache in Windows

After doing this it worked, I was able to access the website but after clicking on something inside the website the same problem occurred :/

1 hour ago, Stav Kats said:

After doing this it worked, I was able to access the website but after clicking on something inside the website the same problem occurred :/

Do you clean WIndows Registry too?

4 hours ago, mionome12 said:

Do you clean WIndows Registry too?

I didn't find anything on the Registry