I'm Torn. Is this website legit? They have a really good deal on a Camera Lens I want.

dragonxt
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: http://domains.google
Updated Date: 2019-07-18T19:18:47Z
Creation Date: 2019-07-18T09:29:01Z

HARD PASS.

https://pointssss.com/

They have a great deal on this camera lens that I want. They have some fire deals in general. I noticed that they have a little banner that says "X Sold in last 24 hours" which seems to be fake. Though I've seen this on a lot of sites and it generally doesn't seem to matter.

Can I trust it?

9 minutes ago, dragonxt said:

They have a great deal on this camera lens that I want. They have some fire deals in general. I noticed that they have a little banner that says "X Sold in last 24 hours" which seems to be fake. Though I've seen this on a lot of sites and it generally doesn't seem to matter.

Can I trust it?

Doing a quick search a wouldn't really trust this website. No website trustability reviews are posted and you can't really find it except when you search "bearifi". Seems too fishy IMO.

Setup No. 1: CPU: AMD Ryzen 2200g 3.95GHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Dual FTW w/ EVGA ACX Cooler MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk Gaming Motherboard RAM: KingSpec DDR4 8GB Single Channel @ 2866MHz PSU: CS Series Modular CS 650M - 650 Watt Power Supply 80+ Gold Efficiency CASE: EVGA DG-73 STORAGE: 240GB Inland SSD, 320GB 7200 RPM Western Digital Hard Drive COOLER: Cooler Master ML240L - 240mm Liquid AIO MONITORS1x Dell 1920 x 1080p 24" Widescreen 60Hz, 1x Dell 1920 x 1080p 22" 60Hz KEYBOARDCheap Inland USB Keyboard MOUSE2400DPI Anker Gaming Mouse RGB CHAIR: Ikea MARKUS Office Chair 

Setup No. 2: CPU: Intel i5-4950 GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 570 4GB VRAM MOBO: Asus B85 RAM: Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz Single Channel PSU: Insignia 450 Watt 80+ Efficiency Power Supply CASE: Thermaltake Versa N21 STORAGE: Samsung 860 EVO 240GB SSD COOLER: bequiet! Pure Rock Slim MONTIROS: 1x HP 24" 1680 x 1050p 60Hz KEYBOARD: Apple USB Keyboard MOUSE: Anywhere MX Logitech Mouse

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: http://domains.google
Updated Date: 2019-07-18T19:18:47Z
Creation Date: 2019-07-18T09:29:01Z

HARD PASS.

Well, they do provide actual address. Which has a typo (Unites States). And Street View shows some weird looking houses only neighborhood.

Also those notifications of people buying stuff are sketchy (though not necessarily a scammer as I've bought from such stores before and they were fine).

Yeah, I'd pass this one too.

Alright, I'm Done. Wanted a second opinion. 

The scary part is that Google serves me this site as a sponsored listing :(

The home address and website layout made me consider it could maybe be some sort of automated drop ship site. Though looking through a lot of the buttons don't work and it looks like all the listings are automatically generated. 

Thanks, guys!

Clicking "Tate Place" takes you to the site.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.41.09 PM.png

10 hours ago, dragonxt said:

Alright, I'm Done. Wanted a second opinion. 

The scary part is that Google serves me this site as a sponsored listing :(

The home address and website layout made me consider it could maybe be some sort of automated drop ship site. Though looking through a lot of the buttons don't work and it looks like all the listings are automatically generated. 

Thanks, guys!

Clicking "Tate Place" takes you to the site.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.41.09 PM.png

Google spot means nothing. If you haven't heard of company before its 70% of times fake. This goes with FB ads as well. Google and others are after money, not pleasing users.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/10/2019 at 12:51 AM, dragonxt said:

Can I trust it?

Nope, you sure can't.  They got me.  I wanted a lens as well but figured I'd start small with a DJI Osmo Action.  They really got me because I figured it wasnt "too good to be true" with a price of $279.  Best Buy is selling them for $319 so I thought, "well its a competitive price so there is less chance they are scammers"  NOPE, I was scammed.  Next time I will look before I leap and see what the online community says.  Fortunately my Citibank card will give me my money back when I dispute it.  (I already called).  Best of luck all!