Need help finding an all-in-one monitoring tool for programs

I'm looking for something like the built-in Resource Monitor with Windows but actually good.

What I need is the ability to click on something like Steam, for example, in a list and see every single incoming/outgoing byte over my internet and every byte it reads/writes to on a disk.

Something free with no other junk, and no limited trial crap.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

Resource monitor should do all of that, what does it miss. It will show all the active network connections and all the files programs touch.

Look at performance monitor aswell if you want logging.

also look at the sysinternals suite, lots of goodies in there like process explorer

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Resource monitor should do all of that, what does it miss. It will show all the active network connections and all the files programs touch.

Look at performance monitor aswell if you want logging.

also look at the sysinternals suite, lots of goodies in there like process explorer

It doesn't do everything I want it to, like give a proper total(that isn't blatantly wrong in some cases) and displays in bytes-only which is frustrating.

Running Win7 64bit.

11 hours ago, Gravemind said:

It doesn't do everything I want it to, like give a proper total(that isn't blatantly wrong in some cases) and displays in bytes-only which is frustrating.

Running Win7 64bit.

Good reason to upgrade OS then.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Good reason to upgrade OS then.

So helpful.

Either contribute something useful or don't say anything at all.

28 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

So helpful.

Either contribute something useful or don't say anything at all.

Your welcome.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

well what are you looking for because outside of resource monitor displaying in bytes it shows the program name the specific PID in and out activity as well as total and the ip or mac its communicating with for the specific pid of the application. to be honest im not sure you can get to much more detailed than that without access to the content of the packets themselves, which is probably not going to happen if the traffic is encrypted. it also lists all the applications with each specific pid that are listening on a port what the port is the protocal its using and again the address. same with tcp connections it gives you  the application name pid local and remote port and address packet loss and latency. not sure what details your looking for but the built in windows recourse monitor seems to have a lot of your bases covered. this all here only covers some of what it dose on the network section. it may help if you better describe what its missing that you want, or what task you intend to do.