Using a fast charger from another brand to charge my new phone

Hi!

So, I recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, and it supports quick charge 4.0, the thing is, can I use a Moto fast charger without damagin the battery?

I had a moto g5 plus, and the Moto fast charger has three outputs, standard: 5v-1.6A, turbo1: 9v-1.6A and turbo2:12v-1.2A. The only difference is that Xiaomi's phone has USB type C, which forces me to swap cables.

The original Xiaomi charger has a single output of 5v-2A, and the phone recognizes the fast charger when I plug it in.

Using it normally, and with Xiaomi's type-c usb plugged in moto's fast charger, will damage my battery? I know fast charging degrades the battery "faster", but I want to be sure this doesnt damage the whole thing in months

Thanks!

The only way fast charging will degrade the battery faster is if the device is pulling more power. The more power the device uses, the more heat it puts out. If this extra heat leads to higher temperature, this will cause the battery to degrade faster.

But to answer the specific question here, using a fast charger from another company won't damage the battery. If the device can use more power from the charger, then it may cause faster degradation due to what was mentioned earlier.

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

The only way fast charging will degrade the battery faster is if the device is pulling more power. The more power the device uses, the warmer it gets, which is the primary reason why fast charging degrades batteries faster.

But to answer the specific question here, using a fast charger from another company won't damage the battery. If the device can use more power from the charger, then it may cause faster degradation due to what was mentioned earlier.

Yeah absolutely, I get why it degrades faster, whats why it was "faster" haha, thanks for your answer!

Oh and btw, the answer would be completely the opposite if this was about a cheap charger with a not-known brand, right?