Problems with fps BF# and CSGO

JohnMc45

Got back in to gaming a couple weeks ago and been having some problems with my fps.  Not the best system but things don't seem right.

System Dell Inspiron 2656

AMD A10-8700p

Redeon R9 360

8gb ddr3 1600 mHz

2TB spinning disk.

Samsung SyncMaster 206sw monitor 

BF3 runs at a average of 40 fps  no mater what I set graphics to low, medium, high or ultra.

CS-Go is all over the place. Most of the time in game it is about 40-50 fps but it sometimes drops real bad to under 20 fps or will spike up over a hundred.    

7 minutes ago, JohnMc45 said:

Got back in to gaming a couple weeks ago and been having some problems with my fps.  Not the best system but things don't seem right.

AMD A10-8700p

Redeon R9 360

8gb ddr3 1600 mHz

2TB spinning disk.

BF3 runs at a average of 40 fps  no mater what I set graphics to low, medium, high or ultra.

CS-Go is all over the place. Most of the time in game it is about 40-50 fps but it sometimes drops real bad to under 20 fps or will spike up over a hundred.    

That sounds right.  Your bottlenecked in CPU + your video card.  40fps in BF is reasonable for your setup.  In CS:GO you should near 80 to 100fps.  One thing you can try is running DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" in safe mode and do a clean and restart then back into normal mode install the latest WHQL drivres and get back to us.  Also make sure vsync is off in panel and in game.  Let us know!

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

32 minutes ago, JohnMc45 said:

AMD A10-8700p

Redeon R9 360

8gb ddr3 1600 mHz

2TB spinning disk.

A big factor in CSGO for getting better FPS is having multicore rendering turned on

Both are more CPU heavy. Your GPU is fine. Battlefield would benefit from true quad core, you have 2+2. Besides it having pretty poor single core performance which is what Source Engine is looking for.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ran a test with CS-GO and AMD wattman the other day. Think the GPU might be throttling some. Plan for today is to power down and clean.

Is faster ram a thing with AMD A10 series? Found some info that it helps with APU performance not really CPU in the A10

Just downloaded the new AMD driver off to test that.

23 hours ago, JohnMc45 said:

Ran a test with CS-GO and AMD wattman the other day. Think the GPU might be throttling some. Plan for today is to power down and clean.

Is faster ram a thing with AMD A10 series? Found some info that it helps with APU performance not really CPU in the A10

Just downloaded the new AMD driver off to test that.

GPU isn't issue. I've got better fps with older GPU (560Ti). But I had same CPU I have now (I upgraded it for BF3), 4770K.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv