LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

If i'm folding on medium.. and play some CS:GO

would it effect my folding much? who has priority?

i've plated a couple of games and it doesn't effect the game but wondering if it would effect the Folding?

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

i've plated a couple of games and it doesn't effect the game but wondering if it would effect the Folding?

Any task that diverts power away from folding like Games will affect your PPD in the long run. A game like CS-GO isnt super intensive though, so your PPD loss will be minimal compared to something like *cough PUBG cough*

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

mine also reflects my mental health, big drop but since the baby everything seems to be doing okay

image.png.53f9e42fca0169a574ad1fbe7ed2ce36.png

I'm pretty sure your status on the 29th was dead...

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

5 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

Double check that your gpu is actually folding while you are playing. I'm pretty sure that putting folding to medium means that anything else will take priority over folding. Also you can always go into task manager and prioritize certain tasks. But overall the goal of folding is to use your excess pc power for it so if you're gaming on your gaming rig then don't feel bad about not folding as hard for the hour or two that you do so. And just remember that those of us with dedicated folding rigs are insane.

Folding Community Board:

9 minutes ago, palespartan said:

I'm pretty sure your status on the 29th was dead...

that was like 3 days after the baby was born, so I probably could have been medically pronounced dead 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

GUYS!

Due to the explosion of sign ups we are wondering if anyone would like to help with manually verifying the data once it has been inputted. You will need to be available around 00:00 British time each day. 

Also please read the OP to get updated info on prizes from LMG and READ THE PASSKEY INFORMATION!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Who are these nerds coming in HOT?

image.png.d62c6710cb87b91242ad16bf6f95fce3.png

@catawalks and @Cbwgoose better be signed up for the event with these numbers cause damn. I also see @Spotty has awoken his 1080ti

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!

Due to the explosion of sign ups we are wondering if anyone would like to help with manually verifying the data once it has been inputted. You will need to be available around 00:00 British time each day. 

Also please read the OP to get updated info on prizes from LMG and READ THE PASSKEY INFORMATION!

I was volunteering until I got to the point "00:00 British time" it's GMT +2 here. So it's between too late and too early for me.

And my only computer isn't that usable at the moment with 100% GPU load, even scrolling this forum is choppy.

1 minute ago, Rusted said:

I was volunteering until I got to the point "00:00 British time" it's GMT +2 here. So it's between too late and too early for me.

And my only computer isn't that usable at the moment with 100% GPU load, even scrolling this forum is choppy.

Use your iGPU to get all the PPD possible!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Use your iGPU to get all the PPD possible!

If I can find DVI cable, my monitor has DP, DVI and VGA. On my mother board it's dual HDMI and DVI. Currently using DP cable.

I might need to check my bios, think that I have disabled the iGPU.

Well I am planning on doing quick thermal paste renewal soon as I get the paste, so I might as well try getting the iGPU working at the same time.

How well Nvidia and Intel GPUs do play together in Linux?

1 minute ago, Rusted said:

If I can find DVI cable, my monitor has DP, DVI and VGA. On my mother board it's dual HDMI and DVI. Currently using DP cable.

I might need to check my bios, think that I have disabled the iGPU.

Well I am planning on doing quick thermal paste renewal soon as I get the paste, so I might as well try getting the iGPU working at the same time.

How well Nvidia and Intel GPUs do play together in Linux?

No idea, my last Intel desktop was a pentium 4 HT....

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Two amazing things have happened for me today. I've finally folded enough to enter the top 1000 LTT folders list, which I tried so hard to do last year but couldn't get close to (I ended around 1400-1500th place) AND I've finally beaten the coil whine out of my AXRX 590 Red Devil. I can't hear any trace of it left.

Now if only I had enough for one of those newfangled graphics cards...

1 minute ago, azmariadei said:

Two amazing things have happened for me today. I've finally folded enough to enter the top 1000 LTT folders list, which I tried so hard to do last year but couldn't get close to (I ended around 1400-1500th place) AND I've finally beaten the coil whine out of my AXRX 590 Red Devil. I can't hear any trace of it left.

Now if only I had enough for one of those newfangled graphics cards...

BEAUTIFUL!

Really love the fact we have such a good and growing community here in the folding community.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Rune said:

I'll toss my stuff in.

Glad to have you aboard!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Ohoho after folding non-stop since last night, hottest CPU core hit 72C, and the GPU got up to 44C (67C hotspot). Custom loop seems to be hella fine under extended load ?. So far the longest it had gone was for a few longer weekend gaming sessions, but I tend to flick between titles so the system isn't always under heavy load.

Now to figure out that other rig, thinking it may be better to just forget about trying to use the 1050, 1050 Ti, and 660, and just run the 1660 Ti.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Ohoho after folding non-stop since last night, hottest CPU core hit 72C, and the GPU got up to 44C (67C hotspot). Custom loop seems to be hella fine under extended load ?. So far the longest it had gone was for a few longer weekend gaming sessions, but I tend to flick between titles so the system isn't always under heavy load.

Now to figure out that other rig, thinking it may be better to just forget about trying to use the 1050, 1050 Ti, and 660, and just run the 1660 Ti.

You gotta run ALL THE CARDS

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You gotta run ALL THE CARDS

BuT hOw I CaN'T MaNaGe AlL oF tHeM

I do have a 7 port switch, more ethernet cables, multiple cases, more motherboards, more CPUs and RAM, and more PSUs and some SSDs tho. My only issue with building multiple rigs is where to plug them in. ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I do have a 7 port switch, more ethernet cables, multiple cases, more motherboards, more CPUs and RAM, and more PSUs and some SSDs tho. My only issue with building multiple rigs is where to plug them in. ?

IN THE WALL! Plugs go into the wall!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

19 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I mean you cant just have those graphics cards sitting around so you clearly need to buy at least 3 more systems to throw them in then you'll be down to 3 ports left open in the switch which means you obviously have to fill those with even more systems with more graphics cards.... Whats the maximum power rating for a residential house again?

Folding Community Board:

4 hours ago, palespartan said:

Double check that your gpu is actually folding while you are playing. I'm pretty sure that putting folding to medium means that anything else will take priority over folding. Also you can always go into task manager and prioritize certain tasks. But overall the goal of folding is to use your excess pc power for it so if you're gaming on your gaming rig then don't feel bad about not folding as hard for the hour or two that you do so. And just remember that those of us with dedicated folding rigs are insane.

Yeah just had a game of CS:GO - seems to be running when on medium

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, palespartan said:

I mean you cant just have those graphics cards sitting around so you clearly need to buy at least 3 more systems to throw them in then you'll be down to 3 ports left open in the switch which means you obviously have to fill those with even more systems with more graphics cards.... Whats the maximum power rating for a residential house again?

As much as your breaker box will allow?

4 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!

Hmmm, if I'm figuring it out right, that is 6pm in Central Time, correct?

I'm usually off work before than.  I would not mind helping.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Hmmm, if I'm figuring it out right, that is 6pm in Central Time, correct?

I'm usually off work before than.  I would not mind helping.

Beautiful, I will add you to the message thread shortly,

PS this is post 900!!!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240