LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 hour ago, GrockleTD said:

yes. unfortunately despite being a 700W PSU it only came with dual 6+2 pins... my major complaint about the TT Smart RGB. so far, the PC has booted, but i have not put it under any majore load

I just delt with the same issues you are. My new PSU only came with dual 6(+2) + 6 pin cables, which makes running three GPU's a bit tricky, but I made it work (thankfully the 750ti only needs a single 6 pin so a dual molex to 6 pin cable fixed that)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I thought about adding it to the other PCs in the house, but I ended up not bothering with it so that they could hibernate/sleep without interrupting anything, the fans wouldn't be running on high all the time in the living room, etc..  My little server is getting points faster than I first thought it would, looks like I'll make the cutoff after all, ?  I guess those first couple of work units just weren't worth much.

image.png.0a600a46753476799456a5299267533c.png

1 minute ago, Gerowen said:

I thought about adding it to the other PCs in the house, but I ended up not bothering with it so that they could hibernate/sleep without interrupting anything, the fans wouldn't be running on high all the time in the living room, etc..  My little server is getting points faster than I first thought it would, looks like I'll make the cutoff after all, ?  I guess those first couple of work units just weren't worth much.

image.png.0a600a46753476799456a5299267533c.png

Do remember that the minimum requires are to be met DURING the folding event, that is October first, to November 4th. Any points produced before this are greatly appreciated but mean nothing for the event itself. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

25 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Do remember that the minimum requires are to be met DURING the folding event, that is October first, to November 4th. Any points produced before this are greatly appreciated but mean nothing for the event itself. 

That's fine, I was just honestly concerned that I wouldn't be able to produce points fast enough to hit the cutoff in the allotted timeframe, but it appears to be doing just fine after it got through those first couple of WUs, ?

i registered. getting a new computer end of the week (just a junker for my 1050ti) so ill be running 2 i6 3570s 3 cores each, a gtx 980, a gtx 1060 3gb, and a 1050ti with whatever cpu i end up getting in that 20 dollar computer. i think i saw the guy selling them has a computer with a 5570 and he says any are 20 bucks. if im lucky an it has the slots i might even slot in my 650ti too for that extra 45k ppd. Should exceed 1mil ppd all told since my 980 is averaging 400k my 1060 is 320k and my 1050ti was sitting at 195k average. plus the 15k each from my 2 i5s 3570s and whatever i get from the new cpu. a little overclocking and i should have it

Since today is cooler again I decided to put one system back on folding to remind myself how it works, and also give the GPU a stress since I haven't used it in anger yet. It's... a 1650! It is bouncing off the power limit at 66W, somewhat below its rated TDP of 75W but the card I have doesn't use separate power connector so maybe they're playing safe.

The QRB, can someone remind me how that works? You need to return so many units in a short amount of time to get it, and presumably you lose it if you go idle for some time? So I'd want to be at full speed before folding month? I assume it is per-key not per-system.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

Since today is cooler again I decided to put one system back on folding to remind myself how it works, and also give the GPU a stress since I haven't used it in anger yet. It's... a 1650! It is bouncing off the power limit at 66W, somewhat below its rated TDP of 75W but the card I have doesn't use separate power connector so maybe they're playing safe.

The QRB, can someone remind me how that works? You need to return so many units in a short amount of time to get it, and presumably you lose it if you go idle for some time? So I'd want to be at full speed before folding month? I assume it is per-key not per-system.

You dont lose it. Right now some of the work servers arent reporting qrb. i went idle for 19 months and kept mine. The folding team is manually adjusting all work units that dont report qrb. Yes it is per passkey

11 minutes ago, porina said:

It's... a 1650! It is bouncing off the power limit at 66W, somewhat below its rated TDP of 75W but the card I have doesn't use separate power connector so maybe they're playing safe.

FYI, 66W is the 12V limit for PCIe slots (12V * 5.5A). There's another ~10W that comes from the 3.3V rail (3.3V * 3A) that makes up the 75W PCIe slot power limit.

12 minutes ago, porina said:

You shouldn't lose it. I went 6+ months without folding and I kept my QRB when I started folding again.
It is bugged currently though. Not all work units are showing the QRB. It's working fine when it submits the WU as completed and the points are being assigned correctly. So check extremeoverclocking page and it should be what you would expect.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

800 replies!!!

Also quick update, we have 1.238 sign ups, 832 active folders with 119,309,632 points produced over the last 24 hours. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

800 replies!!!

Also quick update, we have 1.238 sign ups, 832 active folders producing 119,309,632 points produced over the last 24 hours. 

Looks like we might move up to 9th or 8th before banano passes us

1 minute ago, LavenderPhantom78139 said:

Looks like we might move up to 9th or 8th before banano passes us

9th is high likely, 8th on the other hand... I'm thinking if we get 10 billion points for the folding event I will be happy, but who knows

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

9th is high likely, 8th on the other hand... I'm thinking if we get 10 billion points for the folding event I will be happy, but who knows

Wish my brother Redshift would fold again. His rig is a little old but he has 2 OG Titans. He stopped folding when he started paying his own electric lol

Eventually we will overtake [H]ardOCP (8th spot). They're only doing on average 20m PPD. We were averaging 40-45m PPD before we started promoting the folding event. PC Games Hardware (9th spot) is doing on average 70m PPD, so even if we overtake them during the event there is a chance they will pass us again after the event when people lose interest and stop folding.

Banano is currently doing 300m PPD; almost 3 times our current production or 8 times what we averaged before. They're going to pass us eventually. It's inevitable.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Eventually we will overtake [H]ardOCP (8th spot). They're only doing on average 20m PPD. We were averaging 40-45m PPD before we started promoting the folding event. PC Games Hardware (9th spot) is doing on average 70m PPD, so even if we overtake them during the event there is a chance they will pass us again after the event when people lose interest and stop folding.

Banano is currently doing 300m PPD; almost 3 times our current production or 8 times what we averaged before. They're going to pass us eventually. It's inevitable.

Yeah the cypto teams generate the most ppd. evga offers evga bucks so it makes sense they are up there with the crypto teams

53 minutes ago, Spotty said:

FYI, 66W is the 12V limit for PCIe slots (12V * 5.5A). There's another ~10W that comes from the 3.3V rail (3.3V * 3A) that makes up the 75W PCIe slot power limit.

Good point, never thought of that. If memory serves me correctly, nvidia report card power (AMD report chip power) so I'm wondering how much headroom is allowed on the power delivery, and should it be running right on the limit... don't want an RX480 situation here! Even assuming the measurement is accurate...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

Good point, never thought of that. If memory serves me correctly, nvidia report card power (AMD report chip power) so I'm wondering how much headroom is allowed on the power delivery, and should it be running right on the limit... don't want an RX480 situation here! Even assuming the measurement is accurate...

my 1050ti is always drawing 66W on my overclock and it ran stable since january when i got it

Folding noob here. I installed the clients on both of my desktops yesterday and left for work. When I came home, my apartment was sitting at 97 degrees/36C, and the fans were screaming like souls being dragged off to Hell. I guess I see now why October is folding month, LOL.

1 minute ago, JoeDaCabbie said:

Folding noob here. I installed the clients on both of my desktops yesterday and left for work. When I came home, my apartment was sitting at 97 degrees/36C, and the fans were screaming like souls being dragged off to Hell. I guess I see now why October is folding month, LOL.

Crack a windows or two, during the summer folding sprint I got up to 43C inside... It. Was. Not. Pleasant.... 

Also, welcome into the fold, may your points be high and your downtime low.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Crack a windows or two, during the summer folding sprint I got up to 43C inside... It. Was. Not. Pleasant.... 

Also, welcome into the fold, may your points be high and your downtime low.

Thank you!

May I ask a question about passkeys? (Well, I will anyway.) I used the same key for both clients; it seemed sensible as the key was registered to my identity. But browsing the thread here I've seen people using more than one. Should I be doing that?

Just now, JoeDaCabbie said:

Thank you!

May I ask a question about passkeys? (Well, I will anyway.) I used the same key for both clients; it seemed sensible as the key was registered to my identity. But browsing the thread here I've seen people using more than one. Should I be doing that?

You use the same passkey. Think of it as a password for your folding account.

PROGRESS REPORT! After seeking some additional hints from Asus themselves (those dudes are SUPER helpful, love this company), I've boosted the target clocks and matched the fan curves to reach boosted clock speeds between 2000 and 2025 MHz, with temperatures holding at a maximum of 79°C. This leaves some overhead in case I want to push more, but setting the target clock any higher than about 1745 resulted in stability problems that I'm a bit quick to blame on SLI. My next round of testing will involve custom clock/power curve experiments, as well as seeing if I can wring any small amount of extra power out of the CPU, since it's only running at stock at the moment.

37 WUs in a total of 17 hours so far, and this is just the testing phases...

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

Stonks (it is only 10:15 AM and I already have beat my PPD record)

5E84B011-CDD6-451D-A84A-A8CECF439C0C.jpeg

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 hour ago, GrockleTD said:

Stonks (it is only 10:15 AM and I already have beat my PPD record)

With that amount of points you've probably earned your Bronze badge. You should request it ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25