LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Have to say guys, I'm not liking this heatwave we have at all...

35C we have had today, which for you guys in hotter countries may not see mall that hot, you have to remember AC isnt really a thing here ,and our houses are built to keep heat in, not out. 

Heck, when I lived in England central heating wasn’t a big thing. We had a 2 bar electric fire in the living room of our “Modern” house and that was it.

35C is nasty but I’m sure it’s not related to Climate Change ?

Just got back from a week at a Cottage and it’s a balmy 23.5C here which is lower than normal for this time of year.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

I'd see how you could hold up with Siberian climate... From -40°C to +32°C usually...

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

32 minutes ago, Spakes said:

I'd see how you could hold up with Siberian climate... From -40°C to +32°C usually...

Erm... How about no?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Erm... How about no?

Not taking "No" for an answer...

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

If you message me your folding and forum name I can check the datasheet and let you know. 

Done. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Not taking "No" for an answer...

The weather doesn't ask for permission and takes no prisoners.

49 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Sounds like typical Finnish summer day ?

But then again those are all good temperatures to warm the sauna and go for a swim.

If you ever wonder how we know if foreigner has learned the Finnish way of life, it's quite easy. When he thinks that +20°C outside is hot and +70°C in sauna is bit chilly.

8 hours ago, Rusted said:

It's called FAHcontrol, try the search in start menu. 

Like @leadeater pointed out EOC website is a good place to see your stats.

I know where FAHcontrol is in the systems tray, I just don't know where in FAHcontrol's advanced control I could stop the processor's under-utilization. 

8 hours ago, leadeater said:

Just don't use the web client for performance reporting, it's just completely terrible for it. Same goes for the advanced client for that matter. Just use those and Task Manager to make sure jobs are actually running and using system resources then use EOC website to track your actual performance, that you can rely on to be accurate. Your profile page on the Folding at Home website can be used to, just don't use the local web control client or advance client for that.

image.png.0c41fce28600011c5b3d32643fd73f45.png

Above is what you should look at (on EOC)

I did use the task manager at the time, and it showed the processor which should of been above 90% was at little over 20%. The web client was accurately showing FAH was under-utilizing the processor during these times. Ryzen Master utility confirmed it too. 

10 minutes ago, Erudito said:

I did use the task manager at the time, and it showed the processor which should of been above 90% was at little over 20%. The web client was accurately showing FAH was under-utilizing the processor during these times. Ryzen Master utility confirmed it too. 

did you try to custom set the Core count option in the advanced controls?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

did you try to custom set the Core count option in the advanced controls?

I will try that the next time it happens

24 minutes ago, Rusted said:

If you ever wonder how we know if foreigner has learned the Finnish way of life, it's quite easy. When he thinks that +20°C outside is hot and +70°C in sauna is bit chilly.

Not if it's Russian sauna, which feels hot even it's +42°C (+107.6°F) in there. Thanks to 100% humidity.

For those, who don't understand a thing, Finnish saunas have really low humidity level which will allow for as high temps as +105°C (+221°F) to feel like it's not that hot, but warm enough... That's because the speed dry air transfers heat to surround objects is way smaller than the speed of transfer of heat done by wet air (aka 100% humidity level aka a lot of H2O steam in the air).

#themoreyouknow

For RX 580 8GB, should I use compute GPU Workload or graphics GPU Workload?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Just now, Favebook said:

For RX 580 8GB, should I use compute GPU Workload or graphics GPU Workload?

You can do both. Depends on what you want to do.

2 minutes ago, Spakes said:

You can do both. Depends on what you want to do.

For folding of course ?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Just now, Favebook said:

For folding of course ?

It will be "compute GPU workload" done with OpenCL. It will be automatically set up when you will launch FAHClient for the first time.

Just now, Spakes said:

It will be "compute GPU workload" done with OpenCL. It will be automatically set up when you will launch FAHClient for the first time.

Okay, because I used that GPU for folding for a whole week on "Graphics" setting in Radeon Settings. I'll change it now to "Compute" to see if it gets me better results.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

7 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Okay, because I used that GPU for folding for a whole week on "Graphics" setting in Radeon Settings. I'll change it now to "Compute" to see if it gets me better results.

I'm quite interested to see if there's any difference here to be honest

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm quite interested to see if there's any difference here to be honest

I would love to provide you with exact numbers but I will be unable to for two reasons. 

Firstly, I am using my main rig with 1080 Ti on and off through whole week so it messes up my average points while the rig with RX 580 is working 24/7.

And secondly, due to F@H client bug I cannot see correct PPD so that is unable to give me a difference either.

I would have to turn off my main rig for 2 weeks to get a correct numbers. Which will not be good because I am trying to achieve top 100 on our team until the end of year. ?

How is it possible that no one has tested this yet? There must be someone, somewhere who has tested this already.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

1 minute ago, Favebook said:

I would love to provide you with exact numbers but I will be unable to for two reasons. 

Firstly, I am using my main rig with 1080 Ti on and off through whole week so it messes up my average points while the rig with RX 580 is working 24/7.

And secondly, due to F@H client bug I cannot see correct PPD so that is unable to give me a difference either.

I would have to turn off my main rig for 2 weeks to get a correct numbers. Which will not be good because I am trying to achieve top 100 on our team until the end of year. ?

How is it possible that no one has tested this yet? There must be someone, somewhere who has tested this already.

More than likely, I'm just too lazy to go find it myself lmfao

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Erudito said:

So close to the next badge!
image.png.09aacb82328b9fcd2dba8311b4c826dd.png

put that baby on full load :P 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Any idea on how the RTX super cards does in folding?

I know some information on the 2060s, 2070s, but not much about 2080s. 

I know that 2080s is likely out of the sweetspot.

3 minutes ago, Struck said:

Any idea on how the RTX super cards does in folding?

I know some information on the 2060s, 2070s, but not much about 2080s. 

I know that 2080s is likely out of the sweetspot.

This has always been my go-to site for PPD data.  It's not perfect but it should give a rough idea, increasingly so with more sample size.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

image.png.20b063ff87a7da4b55f80544ecdcb23f.png

Last column there in blue is what you want (PPD)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This has always been my go-to site for PPD data.  It's not perfect but it should give a rough idea, increasingly so with more sample size.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html

image.png.20b063ff87a7da4b55f80544ecdcb23f.png

Last column there in blue is what you want (PPD)

Yes i have looked at this site a couple of times. but the super cards is not yet listed.

There is a huge gap between 2060 and 2070, so maybe the 2060s is closer to 2070 than 2060.