LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

3 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

Well ive had my PC runnign non stop for 5 days now

are temps at 70c CPU(7700k) and 60c GPU(strix 1070ti overclocked) with fans on full, ok to run 24/7 

also anypoint using the igpu in the 7700k? 

Your temps are fine.

My GTX 1070 (stock clocks) with blower fan and automatic fan control is 82c.

Running it stock for few days and then as I have a baseline, it's time to play with settings

24 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

Thank you!!! Finally, something I can use Edge for.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.22 - 12.38.45.23.png

But I thought edge was made so I could download chrome... I'm so confused

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Swatter said:

Hi Guy's Came from YouTube so this is my First post here. I Joined and started Folding on Saturday. I use to fold a long time ago.  I Just broke 1.2 million with 42 WU. I guess this is not bad. Running a Vega 64 and Ryzen 1700 on custom water. Temps stay mid 50's but my Room Is HOT!

We have forum badges for those who Fold (as well a specific folding events)

You can review requirements and maker official requests here:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Nathans nonsense said:

guess it is just a chrome thing

No... I have also experienced it in Edge, but then it worked in Chrome again.

5 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

I am having issues with the web control... Help :( 

For anyone having issues with the web control for whatever reason it is don't worry. Web control is basically useless compared to the control you get form the advanced control you can get from either going to your task menu and right clicking the folding icon and "advanced control" or by searching windows for FAHcontrol. The information you see there is more accurate and the abilities you have are more powerful. The web viewer is for less experienced users to simply see at a glance what is going on but is not necessary for the program to work and to get points.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

6 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

I am having issues with the web control... Help :( 

You can also just right click the f@h icon in the system tray, then select the advanced client thingee (somewhere near the top of the pop up box).

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

There were badges for the event last year and we have had general folding badges on the forum for a very long time....

Speaking of badges, who gives them out this year?

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Just now, Opencircuit74 said:

Speaking of badges, who gives them out this year?

I will refer that question to @leadeater

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

i have tried to put my laptop on its side to help airflow but i still get <100k ppd on my 1060 laptop gpu. i was told that its usually much higher

Just now, leadeater said:

All mods can do that now, just post in the topic for it and someone will do it.

If I send you the list for the event badges can you do it for us?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

i have tried to put my laptop on its side to help airflow but i still get <100k ppd on my 1060 laptop gpu. i was told that its usually much higher

Double check that your passkey is activated (or apply for one if you haven't already. And depending on the model of laptop you can set it to do nothing when lid is closed and leave it upside down for better air flow. (assuming it doesn't vent air through the palm rest/keyboard.)

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yep

You are a beautiful man!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Any predictions on how many pages will be in this thread by the event end?

Doesn't look like I'm going to make the 100k points cutoff with just my old AMD Phenom home server and no GPU.  I'll have the number of completed WUs and active days no problem, but I guess the point value of the WUs I'm getting aren't high enough, or I just hadn't been folding for long enough before this event started to have points besides what I'll get from these.

Ah well, I'll leave it running anyway, it's not hurting anything, in fact just the opposite is true, it's contributing to something worthwhile.  The process priority is lower than the baseline so whenever something else like Plex or Nextcloud or Minecraft Java Edition needs some resources, it takes a back seat to those processes, so the things I use for my personal needs on a daily basis are not affected.

image.png.9153928d2d0b1760f5226df875b19081.png

4 hours ago, palespartan said:

Double check that your passkey is activated (or apply for one if you haven't already. And depending on the model of laptop you can set it to do nothing when lid is closed and leave it upside down for better air flow. (assuming it doesn't vent air through the palm rest/keyboard.)

how do i confirm its activated?

i already tried putting it on its side and upside down. (no change)

50 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

Doesn't look like I'm going to make the 100k points cutoff with just my old AMD Phenom home server and no GPU.  I'll have the number of completed WUs and active days no problem, but I guess the point value of the WUs I'm getting aren't high enough, or I just hadn't been folding for long enough before this event started to have points besides what I'll get from these.

Ah well, I'll leave it running anyway, it's not hurting anything, in fact just the opposite is true, it's contributing to something worthwhile.  The process priority is lower than the baseline so whenever something else like Plex or Nextcloud or Minecraft Java Edition needs some resources, it takes a back seat to those processes, so the things I use for my personal needs on a daily basis are not affected.

image.png.9153928d2d0b1760f5226df875b19081.png

You can run F@H on multiple computers with same account, so if you have a another pc you can run F@H on that when you can. You don't need to be runing it 24/7. Start WU and click finish button, client will complete that WU and pause before next one. You can shutdown you computer while F@H is working but you will lose some progress on that WU.

And there is time until the event starts so there is plenty of time to set up your systems.