LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

Just now, yaboistar said:

OH THAT ERROR!!! okay what you're gonna want is this and that should patch that up nicely so you'll be able to run heaven and valley. Idk why but having the 64 bit version of it doesn't work, it has to be the 32bit version or unigine benchmarks don't run.

One of the most annoying error that I have encountered in my life, already had it on my main rig and it took me a month to fix it. 

The rig that is getting that error now was mining rig and I just gave up on that part, no need to have any benchmark on it as long as AIDA64 works fine.

But yeah, thank you for your advice, I appreciate it but I would have appreciated it even more if you gave it to me 3 years ago (would have saved me a lot of time). ?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Also, if anyone is interested, this is my ASUS RX 580 8GB DUAL OC folding on the "most sacred" 14180 WU:

373119760_RX580Folding.PNG.b306743a92cd353e99025538071410eb.PNG

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Got my "new" card. It's already much better than my rx 480, it works on linux with minimal head scratching  ?

Let's see how it works, not going to bother with trying to get it out of P2 state yet.

32 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Got my "new" card. It's already much better than my rx 480, it works on linux with minimal head scratching  ?

Let's see how it works, not going to bother with trying to get it out of P2 state yet.

fah.png

just launch paint 3d!

Also I have no idea of the pstate mine are in, how do I check?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

59 minutes ago, Rusted said:

fah.png

Nice! That card should be producing at least double what the 480 would have anyhow (similar to a 1660 Ti).

Which style cooler does it have? 

16 hours ago, The Smokin Deist said:

I don't think that my anemic hardware can help in this project but thank you for helping with Parkinson's research. I have Parkinson's and I hope your efforts will help me and others with the disease in the future. I live in terror of Lewy Body Dementia after seeing my mother go through dementia after she went into remission the second time from lung cancer.

The way we view it in Folding is that every little bit helps. Even if you're running slow hardware every bit of folding helps. Also there is a browser version of folding intended for lower power hardware that runs in chrome. Ive run that on old low power core2duos before even.

13 hours ago, Rusted said:

I tried to get my RX 480 to work with F@H on my MX Linux install. It did show up in clinfo, but F@H client did not detect it. In Mint I had same results. I did test with old Quadro card, that worked after installing drivers. So I decided to buy a another GPU, upgrade to team green. Still waiting for the new card, should be here by tomorrow.

In debian I had to go and mod the config file from false to true on the gpu section after that I added the folding slots for my 970s and it picked them up and worked fine.

8 hours ago, Spakes said:

3) Try to use something that will sit under your laptop. That will allow your laptop to breathe easier and use more of cold air (the way it's useful on ROG Zephyrus makes it relatable to all laptops, although, you don't need to open your laptop, but you can, and if so, do it carefully by making sure nothing falls off or messes with cooling in bad ways, at your own risk and make sure you are ok with potentially losing warranty). That shouldn't be something like Cooling Pad, It just has to be sturdy enough and shouldn't create any additional heat.

Everything you listed is great but I always recommend for folding on a laptop if you're not using its screen especially set it so that closing lid does nothing (or at most just shuts off screen) and sit it upside down whenever you can (like when charging overnight) so that the cooling has the easiest access to unrestriced airflow.

2 hours ago, Favebook said:

I tried running AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark and GPU passed first 5 tests( Memory Read, Memory Write, Memory Copy, Single-Precision FLOPS and Double-Precision FLOPs). However, it failed 24-bit Integer IOPS as soon as it started and same as with folding, it caused BSOD.

This was a little unusual for me and I then I tried Heaven Banchmark but unsuccessfully as I started it I got browser_x86.exe System Error.

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

After that I was out of ideas, I put the GPU into 100% stable rig and it still failed on AIDA65 GPGPU, so I thought maybe I forgot to change back the original BIOS of GPU as I narrowed the problem to GPU. The moment I've put the original BIOS in GPU everything started working properly, thank you for your time @palespartan, @GOTSpectrum @Rusted!

Glad you were able to figure out the root of the problem!

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

46 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

just launch paint 3d!

Also I have no idea of the pstate mine are in, how do I check?

Sorry for big image, I remembered that it would be added as thumbnail.

Nvidia cards don't necessarily go to full power state on linux in computational workloads. I don't know much about it's impact on performance as this is my first nvidia card in 3 years.

gpu.png.bd27de8fb5c8f97a5228d507028d1fe5.png

GPU has the same max clock speed on two power states but memory stays at lower clock speed, I could overclock it to be faster but that impacts all power states. If GPU would go to max power state, memory clocks would be to high and my system would crash.

20 minutes ago, mattheginger said:

Nice! That card should be producing at least double what the 480 would have anyhow (similar to a 1660 Ti).

Which style cooler does it have? 

I have msi gtx 1070 aero, so it's a blower style. But with my itx computer this isn't currently any louder that my msi rx 480 gaming x was. Even if that had massive cooler, problem was getting all that heat out of the case. Last years folding event was with side panels off and with desk fan blowing into the case ?

Last year my PPD was around 300k so I am happy if I can double that, but now I will run this system stock and see how it performs.

2 minutes ago, palespartan said:

In debian I had to go and mod the config file from false to true on the gpu section after that I added the folding slots for my 970s and it picked them up and worked fine. 

I switched for team red to team green. Gtx 1070 is now running after I installed necessary packets. But with RX 480 I tried last year to get it working on linux and this year it was pretty much the same. It would show up on F@H but no opencl devices were detected. So it was time to swap gpus.

So, I may not win any prizes since my system is a pos. I am trying though :) It's for a good cause. 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.21 - 14.10.00.45 (2).png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

2 minutes ago, Elektra57 said:

So, I may not win any prizes since my system is a pos. I am trying though :) It's for a good cause. 

The prizes are not based on rank. They'll be randomly drawn for those who meet the minimum requirements for the Folding Event badge which you can find more info about on the OP

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yeah, super excited to be part of this again this year!  Started folding to support the inaugural event last year and have kept that system running ever since (sometimes in combination with my main gaming rig, although the later was shut off once the weather got really warm here).  Which reminds me I should probably go dust out the basement folding rig...

I guess I should start looking for some good GPU deals so I can add another card into the mix.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

@Elektra57 Just remember to get that passkey from the F@H site, and enter it into the 'configure' menu in the F@H client (if you haven't done so already).

Once you get to your 11th work unit you should see your PPD bump up a bit.

...and check your stats here https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=831236

19 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Yeah, super excited to be part of this again this year!  Started folding to support the inaugural event last year and have kept that system running ever since (sometimes in combination with my main gaming rig, although the later was shut off once the weather got really warm here).  Which reminds me I should probably go dust out the basement folding rig...

I guess I should start looking for some good GPU deals so I can add another card into the mix.

Folding at home: "use your idle compute power that you already have to help a good cause"

LTT team: "going to buy as many gpus as i can purely for folding!"

Folding Community Board:

7 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Folding at home: "use your idle compute power that you already have to help a good cause"

Haha, accurate.  Although to be fair, all my folding hardware so far has been re-purposed parts I already had laying around doing nothing.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

9 minutes ago, palespartan said:

I have no idea what you mean... I don't have a 2060 in my shopping card right now... Honest....

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

14 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Haha, accurate.  Although to be fair, all my folding hardware so far has been re-purposed parts I already had laying around doing nothing.

Project ITNOS, expect for the CPU and RAM, were all parts I had lying around from the ATX to ITX conversion. I also got a second GPU around the same time I got ram because it came as a package deal, but only recently have I made purchases specifically for ITNOS; One new, one used.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

35 minutes ago, Saksham said:

i just moveed into my college dorm.

turns out that they have a high performance server pc that students can use. 

https://4help.vt.edu/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=8263c5810f272a40ee5a0bcce1050ebe

should i start FAH with it....

technically it would be FAC (folding at college) now.... xD

We cant say yes because we cant be held liable for your actions if they break the schools policies. but...

Folding Community Board:

20 minutes ago, palespartan said:

We cant say yes because we cant be held liable for your actions if they break the schools policies. but...

But.. er... wait till October.... I mean... er... Don't do it honestly

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, palespartan said:

Everything you listed is great but I always recommend for folding on a laptop if you're not using its screen especially set it so that closing lid does nothing (or at most just shuts off screen) and sit it upside down whenever you can (like when charging overnight) so that the cooling has the easiest access to unrestriced airflow.

That is assuming that there are no holes for cooling system on top part (where keyboard is). My laptop has them, so closing lid might increase temps in my case. Of course, that varies from laptop to laptop.

Gonna add that remark later to my post (it's bloody 2:30 AM in my city).

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

4 hours ago, Spakes said:

That is assuming that there are no holes for cooling system on top part (where keyboard is). My laptop has them, so closing lid might increase temps in my case. Of course, that varies from laptop to laptop.

Gonna add that remark later to my post (it's bloody 2:30 AM in my city).

Oh yes. I guess i never really though about that. part but it is definitely becoming more common these days to have cooling above the keyboard. And the good thing about folding is you can do it in your sleep.

Folding Community Board:

*just gonna leave this here* 

19B4B97E-DA59-4511-8EB5-6648F4E13337.jpeg

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Can't see any issues ?

technically speaking, i don't think it will leak, in practice, no idea because i didn't connect the CPU WB line to the pump res correctly so it doesn't outlet

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

15 hours ago, GrockleTD said:

New Zealand is also getting hot?

we're on tornado watch or something right now, IDK if that's a thing tho I didn't even know it was possible here