LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

I haven't had a stable week in a while. I'm up or down millions of points. Hopefully I can get this all sorted and smoothed out. Would love to stay in the top 5 producers for this event but I'm not sure I can hold it with all this up and down turmoil.

3 hours ago, JB25304 said:

All I can say is that I am glad the temps are dropping here in the northeast US.  My systems are running full blast, and I have even kicked the AC back on a few times ?

The lower temps are definitely helpful, I'm up in NY and have windows cracked 24/7 for this event. The amount of electricity being consumed and heat being dumped out is sort of silly.

image.png.07308bc149102c618097346c23563cb2.png

2 minutes ago, catawalks said:

The lower temps are definitely helpful, I'm up in NY and have windows cracked 24/7 for this event. The amount of electricity being consumed and heat being dumped out is sort of silly.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the power bill this month but it is for a good cause.

Rankiedoodles!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

56 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

I'm definitely not looking forward to the power bill this month but it is for a good cause.

Granted, I don't have anything silly going on, but I've been using my couple systems as extra heat up in New England, and still been running the oil furnace to heat the house more.  Opening a window would let me run all the power the utility would provide me without having heat issues.

14 hours ago, Ratisbona said:

Speaking of good Workunits for AMD:

I got a 14271 for the first time today, seems pretty OP for my underclocked and undervolted Vega 64 :)
image.png.0004b29a0cab4419921d080aec4f2373.png

Very nice indeed.  Glad to see that AMD cards can put out some good PPD.

I still have fond memories of the 7970 I had that I did folding and boincing with.  Tanky card considering it would run 70C at full load on an air cooler and handle that 24/7 doing folding or boincing.  Maybe some day I will grab another AMD card if I see one at the right price (kinda want to get my hands on an used VII as those I heard are monsters on certain BOINC projects).

21 hours ago, Gorgon said:

That is definitely an outlier for a 1660 Ti. It should average about 750kPPPD on Linux but with the poor selection of WUs these days mine is more like 660kPPD averaged over the last 6 days. Still, they are nice cards and even more power efficient than Pascal. Though EVGA optimistically gives it a max power of 180W I’ve yet to see it do more than 130W peak and an average of 118W.

Nice.  The prices on some with rebates don't look bad either.

I will probably either pick one up on sale or find an used one to replace out my old GTX960 FTW for the daily crunch card.  May wait till black friday time frame to see if any good deals show up.

In mean time....ugh, tropical storm coming this direction.  Darn, give the panhandle a break.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Finally joined the 50M club ?

F55B0BF3-74E6-49A1-A336-E7E6FA4505CE.jpeg

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

damn it!

14180 &14191 are back

PPD down from 2.2M to 1.7M

image.png.8eca2628c9849ed1fac218855b4f3a87.png

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

21 hours ago, sanya567xxx said:

do you have "prefer maximum performance" setting of power in nvidia control panel? 

I didn't have that set... No.

Here's hoping that it fixes the problem!  Thanks!

20 More random steam keys donated by @ossi120 have just been added to the pot. With some held in reserve for future events.

Can we all make sure we thank the man!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well, soon 3 weeks in and not going as planed. Alot of hassle with getting my Vega 64 to work in a VM without crashing the host and a bit of a back-lash for not reading up enough when i bought my RX 5700xt that it could not run FAH.

so i'm stuck with two RX480 chugging away as good as thay can. Looks like the problems with the Vega 64 is starting to get solved after several weeks of head bashing, now lets hope i can get is stable at full clock. right now it capped to 1200mhz core and 945mhz mem.

Hope to make it in to top 100, 114 possition right now so i think it may be possible :)

Posted this in today's blog entry, I'll post it here as well.

I gave my grandfather a call today, tried to describe best I could for him what we were doing here. He told me, "I don't quite understand it, but as long as you're saving lives doing it."

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

20 More random steam keys donated by @ossi120 have just been added to the pot. With some held in reserve for future events.

Can we all make sure we thank the man!

Of course I like to donate for this great community and the good cause.

47 minutes ago, Kochiha Ichihara said:

Posted this in today's blog entry, I'll post it here as well.

I gave my grandfather a call today, tried to describe best I could for him what we were doing here. He told me, "I don't quite understand it, but as long as you're saving lives doing it."

Good man! Respect dude. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 hours ago, Xoggy said:

Well, soon 3 weeks in and not going as planed. Alot of hassle with getting my Vega 64 to work in a VM without crashing the host and a bit of a back-lash for not reading up enough when i bought my RX 5700xt that it could not run FAH.

so i'm stuck with two RX480 chugging away as good as thay can. Looks like the problems with the Vega 64 is starting to get solved after several weeks of head bashing, now lets hope i can get is stable at full clock. right now it capped to 1200mhz core and 945mhz mem.

Hope to make it in to top 100, 114 possition right now so i think it may be possible :)

what host are you on? I'm about 60% done on my threadripper KVM passthrough guide, which I pass-through my vega to KVM and been folding week through no problem.

4 minutes ago, AwAfrican said:

I think I've got to start folding on the other half's PC as well, my 1050ti is slacking. Good news is I'm trending upwards 

Yes please! The more power the better!

16 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Yes please! The more power the better!

it does not seem to like the 650ti in the comp and bogs the HDD down far too much that the mouse shudders when moving it. so that's not an option.

12 minutes ago, AwAfrican said:

it does not seem to like the 650ti in the comp and bogs the HDD down far too much that the mouse shudders when moving it. so that's not an option.

That's too bad. Can't you set it so it stops folding when you use the PC? So when the PC is idle it starts folding. 

That way you shouldn't experience bad performance while using the machine.

So using PPD at the metric, I thought it would be interesting to post average stats.  I set the NVIDIA control panel 3d settings to max power as some people have suggested above.  Averages were taken by glancing at it a few times on Full when under no other load.  Here are mine, rounded:

(1st System)

CPU i9-9900k:  150k

GPU NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER:  1.25m

(2nd System)

CPU i7-8700:  80k

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1070:  570k

8 minutes ago, JVK said:

So using PPD at the metric, I thought it would be interesting to post average stats.  I set the NVIDIA control panel 3d settings to max power as some people have suggested above.  Averages were taken by glancing at it a few times on Full when under no other load.  Here are mine, rounded:

(1st System)

CPU i9-9900k:  150k

GPU NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER:  1.25m

(2nd System)

CPU i7-8700:  80k

GPU NVIDIA GTX 1070:  570k

mine are

CPU 7700k: not folding

GPU #1 - 2070 super: 1.3M to 1.5M

GPU #2 - 1070ti 700k - 800k

IT can vary up and down depending on the WU

14180 & 14191 can drop my PPD to under 2M for both cards

14196 is consistent and I can get around 2.3M+ out of that

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TensorVortex said:

what host are you on? I'm about 60% done on my threadripper KVM passthrough guide, which I pass-through my vega to KVM and been folding week through no problem.

Running Proxmox 5.4 atm just on my way to update to 6.0 becuse it looks like i have a Kernel bug on the host regarding DMAR, About 2 hours of having load on the GPU the kernel hangs all CPU threads with the message: DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status 40

Do you have any pointers? Guest os is Win 10 1903 running adrenaline 19.10.1 drivers seted up as a q35 machine with OVMF bootloader ("bios")