LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

46 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

i mean, nobody was going to, we were just looking forward to the extra compute cores

Sorry, it's reflex now. Every time someone spots my specs it seems a troll has to post some snarky comment about it. Thanks for understanding.

15 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

Sorry, it's reflex now. Every time someone spots my specs it seems a troll has to post some snarky comment about it. Thanks for understanding.

You will find the folding community much kinder here on the forum!

Welcome aboard!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

19 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

When it comes to folding there are many of us that are running gpus that are easily 4x the value of the entire rest of the system they are connected to let alone running multi GPU setups that aren't even sli compatible. We really aren't worried about "balanced" systems. I get just as excited about the person who found a way to rig up a 2080ti to a Pentium 4 as i do about the guy throwing a 750ti into a 24 core server.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Signed up. :) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

13 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Signed up. :) 

Beautiful

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Beautiful

Not hapy though I just turned my folding back on and it seems my numbers are doing a bit on the poor side, ill have to get this fixed or I wont do well .....

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well, guess the APU's GPU is just gonna sit there still.  Nothing I do makes F@H want to work with it.  Always says no valid GPU when trying to add a GPU slot, even after what appears to be successful AMD driver and OpenCL and Vulcan installs.  ?

Ubuntu 18.4 LTS on Ryzen 2400G 

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Not hapy though I just turned my folding back on and it seems my numbers are doing a bit on the poor side, ill have to get this fixed or I wont do well .....

Currently the client isn't correctly displaying QRB credit, so check EOC in a day or so and you will probably find you're doing fine.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Well, guess the APU's GPU is just gonna sit there still.  Nothing I do makes F@H want to work with it.  Always says no valid GPU when trying to add a GPU slot, even after what appears to be successful AMD driver and OpenCL and Vulcan installs.  ?

I believe the APUs were on the GPU Whitelist in the past, check the official F@H forum for more accurate info

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Currently the client isn't correctly displaying QRB credit, so check EOC in a day or so and you will probably find you're doing fine.

And if you're not happy all you have do is buy more hardware. lol

Folding Community Board:

9 minutes ago, justpoet said:

have you tried getting it going in windows at all or just Ubuntu?

Folding Community Board:

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I believe the APUs were on the GPU Whitelist in the past, check the official F@H forum for more accurate info

I'm sure there's an issue someplace with drivers and linux and the like.  I'm just not seeing it and I don't have the time to dig into it further now.  ?

Just now, palespartan said:

have you tried getting it going in windows at all or just Ubuntu?

System has never seen Windows.

15 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Gotcha, just performed all necessary updates, ill let it sit and see where it sits in 24-48hrs once it "optimizes" itself.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, Erudito said:

About to get my 11th Work Unit.

Capture.PNG

NICE ONE!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Right guys,

I think I have replied to all messages, if you have messaged me and I haven't replied can you just sent a bump message to me please! 

Thanks all for your patience.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

More donated prizes have just been added to the roster!!!

Thanks to everyone who have donated prizes, we now have over 40 Steam keys for the event, along with some put into reserve for future events!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I don't think that my anemic hardware can help in this project but thank you for helping with Parkinson's research. I have Parkinson's and I hope your efforts will help me and others with the disease in the future. I live in terror of Lewy Body Dementia after seeing my mother go through dementia after she went into remission the second time from lung cancer.

2 minutes ago, The Smokin Deist said:

I don't think that my anemic hardware can help in this project but thank you for helping with Parkinson's research. I have Parkinson's and I hope your efforts will help me and others with the disease in the future. I live in terror of Lewy Body Dementia after seeing my mother go through dementia after she went into remission the second time from lung cancer.

If you have anything better than a GT 630 then you can hit the minimum requirements for the event. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, The Smokin Deist said:

I have a Dell N5110 with 8GB of RAM and Win 10. So yeah...

But I do appreciate the efforts to help those of us with these conditions you are helping to fight.

I competed last time with CPU only on a few spare cores of old equipment.  Even old and slow CPU cores help when left running, even if they're not large score numbers.  :)

image.png.4878abbb7bb47c19f8e1c66589ea42bb.png

The embed knows.... 433398161684299777.png?v=1433398161684299777.png?v=1433398161684299777.png?v=1

6 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are currently up to 1,054 active folders for team LTT producing 106,893,395 points per day with 1,107 people signed up on the google form. 

Looks like over 700 new members have submitted at least one Work Unit.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&a=2&t=223518

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

0G1A7518-Edit.thumb.jpg.486865851a60c53c476a78a6f307fced.jpg

Guess I'll get an early start.