Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

36 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

As for the impossible...

lottery. if his power supply is absolute garbage, he removed half the board from the card (because there's a lot of circuitry that prevent over current, over temperature, over voltage, over power (general) for all the parts there, for core, for memory, for the power stages, for all kind of things, then that could happen. t h e o r e t i c a l l y, once in a life time

my card had it's thermal interface dry out, contact not being full, one of the fans not working, and I was blasting it with 100% load on OC settings. I was trying to figure out, what was resulting bad in bad performance, and noticed it was 95C and throttling to 1400 MHz instead of over 2000. It was still working fine for long time, so I fixed the fan, fixed the paste, and it's all good.

So those occasions are examples of being unlucky with some hardware inside the card. under normal circumstances (and you've already tested them via folding extensively) that would never happen.

Seriously though, your card is doing under 180W, probably even less than 150. It's hard to start a fire with that even.

13 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

Seriously though, your card is doing under 180W, probably even less than 150. It's hard to start a fire with that even.

Very true, I've also done crypto on this thing too knowing full well and kept a eye on it as well.

However never can have too much fans, the question is should this 210mm fan push or pull 🤔 I'm leaning pull because it provides a big vent and sits in front of the card (assuming it fits and doesn't have to sit outside)

5 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

push or pull

just test. Or imagine how the air would move (or draw that) and see how it'd change the air pathway. Basically you don't want it to be looking for exit or having to change direction of movement. And you don't want to fans pointing at each other, like with traffic on the roads.

I'd also probably not add more fans until it's needed but lock them to 100%. 

Also, anti-vibrational resin things to hold fans instead of screws are SO GOOD. The fans stop resonating the metal case and sound quiter, especially at lower speeds, and also my table was previously vibrating because the pc was on it, I took some foam the PSU (or some other part, I don't even recall correctly) was shipped with, cut out pieces a little big then the case feet, and placed the pc on those pieces on top of the table. A lot less inconvenience now.

7 hours ago, Yabdat said:

Ack, lost 10th place..

Time to dig into my literal pile of old hardware...

<One hour later...>

Hmm, didnt think I could get both running in the same system..

But HEY!, more points. 

do you have drivers installed for both?

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

2 minutes ago, Devilish Husky said:

just wanted to chime in and say good luck to everyone and I'm folding for Alzheimer's. wish I had a 3950x right now ;_;

so what are you folding on?

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

I'm working on the guide to do KVM passthrough on threadripper in ubuntu for folding on same machine with Nvidia and AMD cards.

Gonna take some time to get it finished. will post when it's done

59 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

just test. Or imagine how the air would move (or draw that) and see how it'd change the air pathway. Basically you don't want it to be looking for exit or having to change direction of movement. And you don't want to fans pointing at each other, like with traffic on the roads.

I'd also probably not add more fans until it's needed but lock them to 100%. 

Also, anti-vibrational resin things to hold fans instead of screws are SO GOOD. The fans stop resonating the metal case and sound quiter, especially at lower speeds, and also my table was previously vibrating because the pc was on it, I took some foam the PSU (or some other part, I don't even recall correctly) was shipped with, cut out pieces a little big then the case feet, and placed the pc on those pieces on top of the table. A lot less inconvenience now.

My computer is sitting on the floor but the fact that the fan I added is still sitting in place (I have a picture but my phone refuses to connect to my computer) and not moving (plus I have 1 loose fan to keep the 8TB cool (that thing likes to run hot) and it rarely falls off) I'd say vibrations are minimal. Also I removed my cover from my computer and the temps dropped 4C on the GPU. So I've gone with pull, now the annoying thing is the CPU cooler is about 2mm too big and if I close it fully it hums against the blades, I could force it to close but that will likely damage the CPU, so my cooling is now Jank AF but temps are staying the same.

Oh tried installing the fan outside but w/o long screws and nuts it won't work, because case logic shows inner grooves (which if non existed it would have fit) inside only...

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, sanya567xxx said:

btw is day 7 blog entry coming?

Yeah it will be coming,

All the data handling and stats are done, it will be up before lunch time BST. Just had a few.... 'unplanned events' this evening that has delayed me greatly. Sorry about that

My Folding Stats

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
1 hour ago, apsims91 said:

Just wish to share a little news that Folding@Home has put up-
foldingathome.org - BONUS RECREDIT

Yeah, we figured that out a couple of days ago when one participant @leadeaterwas awarded 43 million points in one update for 2 Units of Work but thanks for sharing

Well I found my limit for my GPU, and it's not even the gpu... anything past 160 in AP for mhz (w/o toying around with other items, potentially causing issues) causing a endless loop of downloading projects...

I kept getting something like: 04:29:51:WARNING:WU04:FS00:FahCore returned: BAD_WORK_UNIT (114 = 0x72)

Which I'm happy I stayed up for a few minutes else I'd be wasting a lot of possible crunch time or it doing nothing.

Has anyone gotten project 14188? It seems like a smaller protein but it still takes my cpu around 18 hours just to finish.

Render first, questions later, regrets possible.

The team produced 458,815,387 points over the last 24 hours, making it the best we have ever had!

Anyone taking bets on if we will hit a half billion day before the end of the event?

My Folding Stats

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Just now, patriciadiaz1919 said:

How do people win prizes.

You have to have been signed up before the event started and run folding at home meeting the minimum requirements to qualify.

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED

@justpoet Check your mirrors

204876940_Screenshot_2019-10-08justpoet-UserSummary-EXTREMEOverclockingFoldingHomeStats.png.8e675264ae28df6af11350ab30815b0d.png

My build: | CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.8 GHz | CPU COOLER - Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti | MOBO - Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM - GeIL Super Luce RGB DDR4 2400 2x4GB | SSD - R.I.P. Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB (Corsair Force MP510 960GB on the way...) | CASE - Corsair Carbide Series Spec-03 | PSU - Seasonic Focus+ Gold 550W | COOLING - Bunch of Rosewill 120mm fans | KEYBOARD - G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 | MOUSE - Cooler Master Devastator II | MONITOR - Asus 27" VP279Q-P OC to 74Hz| OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

8 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

I don't know why I keep forgetting about that to be honest

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

All the data handling and stats are done, it will be up before lunch time BST. Just had a few.... 'unplanned events' this evening that has delayed me greatly. Sorry about that

it's nothing, I'm just a little worried about you missing tbh

1 minute ago, sanya567xxx said:

it's nothing, I'm just a little worried about you missing tbh

Missing?

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage