Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GOTSpectrum

LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 minute ago, TensorVortex said:

oh cool i will try it thx

But be careful with turning down the HBM2. PPD drops can be huge if you do to much

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

Participate in the folding competition! 

Just now, Metallus97 said:

But be careful with turning down the HBM2. PPD drops can be huge if you do to much

i c, yah i will probably turn it all the way down and let it run stable then try to get it up.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

i c, yah i will probably turn it all the way down and let it run stable then try to get it up.

just knock 10-15 off, that should fix the problem.

Is it an early v64? Reference? 

My Folding Stats

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED

If I write a guide on how to passthrough vega64 from KVM into a windows vm and folding on it, where should i write it?

will probably also include threadripper kvm guide

Just now, TensorVortex said:

If I write a guide on how to passthrough vega64 from KVM into a windows vm and folding on it, where should i write it?

will probably also include threadripper kvm guide

Here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/84-servers-and-nas/

My Folding Stats

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

just knock 10-15 off, that should fix the problem.

Is it an early v64? Reference? 

it's the MSI air boost, basically reference pcb and cooler. it's very quiet the fan only goes up to like 45%, and temp is around 73C

Just now, TensorVortex said:

it's the MSI air boost, basically reference pcb and cooler. it's very quiet the fan only goes up to like 45%, and temp is around 73C

Only asking because the later v64s have got better memory interconnects, it seems to be the interposer that makes folding fail at higher mem speeds, not the HBM itself 

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Only asking because the later v64s have got better memory interconnects, it seems to be the interposer that makes folding fail at higher mem speeds, not the HBM itself 

ah, so true.

I'm quite sure it's HBM, my screen was showing tearing up lines after a successful 20 hour fold on the vega. and i tried many things the line won't go away. only after a reboot the card fixed itself.

It's so stupid lmao, hopefully its not failing

This ist how I'm running my Vega64 (Sapphire Nitro+):

image.png.be47bec8efd7d2ea46d60d5551beefe7.png

+Memory on Stock Settings (950MHz).

For gaming I'm clocking it a good bit higher esp. the HBM, but for folding this seems really good and I'm getting about 1,2-1,3 Mio. PPD (in good WUs...) at only about 140-150W and under 65°C:

image.png.334e979d18ece8bc5df47227dcb826c9.pngimage.png.3ce0c5c276be5fbeea7f6db79fd24c3d.png

1 minute ago, Ratisbona said:

This ist how I'm running my Vega64 (Sapphire Nitro+):

image.png.be47bec8efd7d2ea46d60d5551beefe7.png

+Memory on Stock Settings (950MHz).

For gaming I'm clocking it a good bit higher esp. the HBM, but for folding this seems really good and I'm getting about 1,2-1,3 Mio. PPD (in good WUs...) at only about 140-150W and under 65°C:

image.png.334e979d18ece8bc5df47227dcb826c9.pngimage.png.3ce0c5c276be5fbeea7f6db79fd24c3d.png

Looks good thx. Dude 50C on ur vega64... mine is 73C

Also Nitro plus is non-reference PCB. It probably runs better than old reference ones.

10 minutes ago, sopordave said:

A bad work unit took me down 12 places yesterday. I'm digging up an old video card to try to fold on two GPUs at once to compensate.

This is my first time "competing". I gotta say, folding is much more fun when its a race.

Let's go dude, a competition on how rich you are.

50 minutes ago, sopordave said:

A bad work unit took me down 12 places yesterday. I'm digging up an old video card to try to fold on two GPUs at once to compensate.

This is my first time "competing". I gotta say, folding is much more fun when its a race.

be careful, before you know it you have severel PC's running 24/7 consuming more power than 10 normal family households.

F@H is a slippery slope

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

58 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

Looks good thx. Dude 50C on ur vega64... mine is 73C

Also Nitro plus is non-reference PCB. It probably runs better than old reference ones.

DANG! That with air? My VII is around the same temp with water+liquid metal, but with 220W, 1,8mPPD and near silence in the room. BUT its so toasty in here hahah :/

But in general I have the feeling that my VII is not the best. FRIGGING unstable at the mem... do you have to option to change mem timings? I got 2 profiles available but duno what they do to my PPD and dont want to risk it during the event

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

Participate in the folding competition! 

40 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

be careful, before you know it you have severel PC's running 24/7 consuming more power than 10 normal family households.

F@H is a slippery slope

I'm confident where I live if that was to happen I would fall under corporate rates which is a flat 6.5 cents k/wh last time I checked 😂

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Speaking of that why do you have two BOINC badges?  There should only be one for the highest level achieved

Shhhh.... Hes trying to keep the extra bling. 

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

12 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Shhhh.... Hes trying to keep the extra bling. 

Here's one badge they'll never get because they already have gold

bnc_silver1.jpg

8 hours ago, yaboistar said:

i mean, i think we should be able to keep our old badges and make a patchwork quilt of them next to our names but that's just me

There were already concerns about having event badges causing too much clutter, the last thing we need is this! XD

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have no idea, I'm not a moderator, I never even noticed to be honest

Alright well I've fixed that for now 😛 To make up for it I guess we should finish that diamond badge project ;)

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'm confident where I live if that was to happen I would fall under corporate rates which is a flat 6.5 cents k/wh last time I checked 😂

That's nice.  We're at about 16¢/kwh.  I really need to get enough time on nice days to get on the roof and finish mounting the solar.

3 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

If lowering HBM2 has such a drastic effect, how much effect does lowering have on 1080 Ti? And even what memory are 1080 Ti's using? GDDR5X?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

2 minutes ago, Favebook said:

GDDR5X?

yes

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Crosshair VIII hero  -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB@3600  -  Strix 1070Ti  -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB  -  Lian Li PC-011D  -  LTT NH-D15  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3: Xeon X5670  -  MSI X58 Pro-E MS-7522  -  DDr3 6GB@1086  -  GTX 770 Titan Cooler  -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

DIYPc Cheapo Case  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro  -  1TB Hitachi@7200RPM  -  DvD drive 😎  -  Good Intel stock cooler

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110

So far I haven't seen any problems with project 14180 and my GTX 1070. Estimated PPD is around 730k PPD in the control panel, there are other 14*** projects that show estimated PPD to be around 660k. I am quite happy with with these results, did find that that I can only push my card to +150Mhz on core resulting 1999MHz core clock. Not pad for reference style GTX 1070 with only touching core offset and fan locked to 85%. I did test GreenWithEnvy, but so far basic NVIDIA control panel in Linux has done its job well.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Alright well I've fixed that for now 😛 To make up for it I guess we should finish that diamond badge project ;)

Yeah, I agree, from me a PM some time

My Folding Stats

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage