PC Building Simulator is coming to the Nintendo Switch... wait, what?!

Nowak

l1nY07x.jpg

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/join_the_pc_master_race_on_your_nintendo_switch_with_pc_building_simulator

Ever wanted to join the PC master race, but only have access to a Nintendo Switch? Well, soon you'll be able to create the custom rig of your dreams when PC Building Simulator arrives on the hybrid console at some point in the near future.

Yes, if you want to build an epic gaming PC but don't have the money to do it for real or aren't sure how, and have a Switch, boy does Nintendo have you covered! Soon, anyway! PC Building Simulator is coming to the Nintendo Switch of all things in the near future!

This information about The Irregular Corporation title comes from a listing within Nintendo's latest earnings release. The game itself features real-world licensed components along with comprehensive hardware and software simulation. Your role in this simulator is to "build and grow" an enterprise as you learn to diagnose, fix, build and benchmark PCs. You can even run your own tests in 3DMark! It's just like the real thing.

The earnings release can be found here. For those of you unfamiliar with PC Building Simulator, it's exactly as the quoted text describes. There's also a free build mode so that you can build PCs freely with an unlimited budget.

As stated before, no release date is given but given how the earnings release is from July 30, 2019, it's probably soon. Can't say I ever saw PC Building Sim ever come to a console, but while this is a surprise to be sure, it's a welcome one.

Update 8/13/2019: PC Building Simulator is now out on the Switch, PS4 and Xbox One for $20! https://theirregularcorporation.com/en_us/pc-building-simulator-console-edition/

Edited by Nowak
Updated OP

Gaming PC for Smash 6 confirmed!

But let's be totally honest, a PC + Nintendo console is the best combo.

And I have not played this game/sik, but I can imagine the joycons would work well for a building sim.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The controls will take quite a while to adjust to, I'm sure, depending on whether they can somehow work motion controls into it. Even moreso when the Switch's screen is tiny. But that's me thinking of a direct port of PC's version to Switch.

Having stamped what is coming up to 100 hours in PC Building Simulator on PC, I will probably pick it up for Switch to satisfy my PC building needs on the go.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

where the fuck is switch building simulator?

i am disappointed now...

coming as a standalone DLC of course, along with 3 new office layouts!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Now I too can build the big O

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

11 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

Come to the Dark Side. We have keyboard and mouse

and Joy-cons. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

and yet it still hasn't come to Linux...

Of course not.  You have to run it with WINE to get the full Linux PC gaming experience.  ?

9 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

Of course not.  You have to run it with WINE to get the full Linux PC gaming experience.  ?

you can't install windows games on linux using steam there's just not an install option

they need to support proton

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Bumping this because PC Building Sim is now out on the Switch, as well as the PS4 and Xbox One.

https://theirregularcorporation.com/en_gb/pc-building-simulator-console-edition/

Edit original post?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

2 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

Edit original post?

OP has been updated as well ^^

To be honest I don't understand why this game exists,  goat simulator I understand,  it's a novelty and you can actually make him walk and do shit, but this?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

To be honest I don't understand why this game exists,  goat simulator I understand,  it's a novelty and you can actually make him walk and do shit, but this?

It's meant to help people learn the basics of building their own PC. I guess a console release was an inevitability, because there are people who want to build a PC but only have access to a console. It's still better to watch a tutorial on YouTube but this can at least give people a start.

There's also a business simulation aspect, where you repair and clean out customer PCs and eventually build up your own custom PC empire.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, realpetertdm said:

Coming soon: PC Building Simulator for Xbox & PS4

But Xbox and PS4 can't handle it, it's too much for those. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

But Xbox and PS4 can't handle it, it's too much for those. 

Funnily enough, it's also on the Xbox and PS4.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

Funnily enough, it's also on the Xbox and PS4.

But for how long lol

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

But for how long lol

Someone in a Discord server I'm in said he's been playing it non-stop for the past 3 hours. He got it on the PS4.

Also if it's on the Switch then I think the PS4 and Xbone can handle it too.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Someone in a Discord server I'm in said he's been playing it non-stop for the past 3 hours. He got it on the PS4.

Also if it's on the Switch then I think the PS4 and Xbone can handle it too.

Then maybe it will be available on iOS/Android too :P

DAC/AMPs: