Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Satish Suthar

Looking for a monitor for Gaming + 3D/Art

Just now, Satish Suthar said:

That really sounds good to me because I'm now thinking of just ordering the second one

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-XV272U-IPS-Monitor/dp/B07SHPJJZR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=acer+144hz&qid=1565035648&refinements=p_36%3A3000000-5500000&rnid=1318502031&s=computers&sr=1-5

It's only 1 available in stock so I guess I should be going for it soon

Ye i would go with that one for sure its even rated for a delta e below 2 so perfekt for foto work etc ^^

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello there, folks.

 

So I've been using my PC with my IPS display of Dell S2240L since 2014 now. The panel now seems to have been messing up, there's a permanent green line going straight down on the panel that looks really weird, but I've been putting up with it for a few months now.

It's not too thick to block much of my vision on whatever it is that I'm doing.

 

Although, now's also the time for me to upgrade/get a second screen, my main goal is 3D Modeling and do all the arts work. My choice right now is a Dell UltraSharp 25" (U2518D) it's available for about 33k INR which is 460-500$USD

But, I have to mention I also game a lot and I am really attracted towards gaming monitors for their higher refresh rates, the drawback is the TN panel, I think if I'm doing arts, with the color sensitive work, I should stick with IPS?

 

I want to keep my current monitor, and if possible, maybe have its panel replaced, some computer repairing guy said that could be done but idk if it's going to be the real deal? The price for replacing it wasn't that high at least to me [it was about 50$), so I don't know if it's going to affect the quality of the monitor compared to the original panel that it came with.

So anyway, I'll keep the current monitor and have it as my secondary screen I'd use for references etc as I work on the new primary monitor that's supposed to be better.

 

TL;DR : My budget is 500$ and I wanna know if it's possible to get a gaming monitor with good display for art work as well as higher refresh rates or if I should stick with IPS and 60Hz monitor and if Dell UltraSharp 25" (U2518D) is a good idea?

 

Lemme know!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

Hello there, folks.

 

So I've been using my PC with my IPS display of Dell S2240L since 2014 now. The panel now seems to have been messing up, there's a permanent green line going straight down on the panel that looks really weird, but I've been putting up with it for a few months now.

It's not too thick to block much of my vision on whatever it is that I'm doing.

 

Although, now's also the time for me to upgrade/get a second screen, my main goal is 3D Modeling and do all the arts work. My choice right now is a Dell UltraSharp 25" (U2518D) it's available for about 33k INR which is 460-500$USD

But, I have to mention I also game a lot and I am really attracted towards gaming monitors for their higher refresh rates, the drawback is the TN panel, I think if I'm doing arts, with the color sensitive work, I should stick with IPS?

 

I want to keep my current monitor, and if possible, maybe have its panel replaced, some computer repairing guy said that could be done but idk if it's going to be the real deal? The price for replacing it wasn't that high at least to me [it was about 50$), so I don't know if it's going to affect the quality of the monitor compared to the original panel that it came with.

So anyway, I'll keep the current monitor and have it as my secondary screen I'd use for references etc as I work on the new primary monitor that's supposed to be better.

 

TL;DR : My budget is 500$ and I wanna know if it's possible to get a gaming monitor with good display for art work as well as higher refresh rates or if I should stick with IPS and 60Hz monitor and if Dell UltraSharp 25" (U2518D) is a good idea?

 

Lemme know!

 

 

what about this one ? goes for 500 euros in germany and has 98% dci p3 thats kinda really good ^^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

whats about this one ? goes for 500 euros in germany 

I'd really love it but unfortunately it's not available in India. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Man that sucks would have been the perfect one for u mhh whats about this one https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-C27HG70-Monitor-Reaktionszeit-schwarz/dp/B0714BLPK1

do u have that one over there its not as great as the lg one but still 130srgb 

Nope, that seems to be exclusively available in UK or at least for the most part, here, we got some ACER and Asus and BenQ and Dell monitors that mostly dominate the market.

The sites I usually look for these are :

www.theitdepot.com

www.primeabgb.com

www.mdcomputers.in

www.vedantcomputers.com

www.amazon.in

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

Nope, that seems to be exclusively available in UK or at least for the most part, here, we got some ACER and Asus and BenQ and Dell monitors that mostly dominate the market.

The sites I usually look for these are :

www.theitdepot.com

www.primeabgb.com

www.mdcomputers.in

www.vedantcomputers.com

www.amazon.in

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-LC27FG73FQWXXL-27-inch-Curved-Monitor/dp/B07L57BMBR/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3BVK3TDR50TDQ&keywords=samsung+144hz+gaming+monitor&qid=1565033235&s=gateway&sprefix=Samsung+144+%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-7

That one seems to be like the one i send u it uses a qled panel too soo its prob around 125 % srgb but i have no idea what price it is its in indian :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-LC27FG73FQWXXL-27-inch-Curved-Monitor/dp/B07L57BMBR/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3BVK3TDR50TDQ&keywords=samsung+144hz+gaming+monitor&qid=1565033235&s=gateway&sprefix=Samsung+144+%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-7

That one seems to be like the one i send u it uses a qled panel too soo its prob around 125 % srgb but i have no idea what price it is its in indian :D 

It's cheaper than what I was looking for, compared to others. It's around 360$USD but is it a good one? In the comments they show some backlight bleed issues and it's not IPS either. Say I increase my budget a little more and Acer Predator XB271HU is what I could go with, how does that sound?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/UM.HX1EE.005

It's available for 650$USD and I may get it at around 600$ by some 50$ discount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

It's cheaper than what I was looking for, compared to others. It's around 360$USD but is it a good one? In the comments they show some backlight bleed issues and it's not IPS either. Say I increase my budget a little more and Acer Predator XB271HU is what I could go with, how does that sound?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/UM.HX1EE.005

It's available for 650$USD and I may get it at around 600$ by some 50$ discount.

Mhh they always cry about blb but most of the time ur fine at a contrast of 3000:1 u cant see that anyway with normal use that samsung uses a VA Panel thats good in terms of colors too that samungs 100% has 125 srgb if i google it the Acer is a ips panel 1000:1 and seems to be at least 100% srgb 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Mhh they always cry about blb but most of the time ur fine at a contrast of 3000:1 u cant see that anyway with normal use that samsung uses a VA Panel thats good in terms of colors too that samungs 100% has 125 srgb if i google it the Acer is a ips panel 1000:1 and seems to be at least 100% srgb 

I see, also, I just came across this one :

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-VG271U-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07N41RNX7/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=ips+144hz&qid=1565034074&s=computers&sr=1-4

How about this one? It's in the budget and seems to be 1ms and 144Hz too. With an IPS display.

Official link :

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HV1AA.P01

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

I see, also, I just came across this one :

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-VG271U-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07N41RNX7/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=ips+144hz&qid=1565034074&s=computers&sr=1-4

How about this one? It's in the budget and seems to be 1ms and 144Hz too. With an IPS display.

Official link :

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HV1AA.P01

Seems fine :D i have 2 acers too very happy with them no real blb or dead pixels but maybe i was lucky 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Seems fine :D i have 2 acers too very happy with them no real blb or dead pixels but maybe i was lucky 

Great! Seems fine to me too :D I'll look into it more. This one seemed a really good find and I wonder how well it'll perform

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Satish Suthar said:

Great! Seems fine to me too :D I'll look into it more. This one seemed a really good find and I wonder how well it'll perform

Well if u get it from amazon u can always give it back :D ^^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Well if u get it from amazon u can always give it back :D ^^ 

Haha, yep! Also, if I may ask for some help :

What'd be the difference b/w the two?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HV1AA.P01

and
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HX2EE.P01

 

The second option is a bit expensive but still in the budget and what I noticed was that the color gamut for it says 95% DCI-P3

While the first one says 100%sRGB

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satish Suthar said:

Haha, yep! Also, if I may ask for some help :

What'd be the difference b/w the two?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HV1AA.P01

and
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HX2EE.P01

 

The second option is a bit expensive but still in the budget and what I noticed was that the color gamut for it says 95% DCI-P3

While the first one says 100%sRGB

the dci p3 color space is alot bigger then the srgb one so having almost 95% is very good and alot better then only having 100% srgb 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

the dci p3 color space is alot bigger then the srgb one so having almost 95% is very good and alot better then only having 100% srgb 

That really sounds good to me because I'm now thinking of just ordering the second one

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-XV272U-IPS-Monitor/dp/B07SHPJJZR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=acer+144hz&qid=1565035648&refinements=p_36%3A3000000-5500000&rnid=1318502031&s=computers&sr=1-5

It's only 1 available in stock so I guess I should be going for it soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
Just now, Satish Suthar said:

That really sounds good to me because I'm now thinking of just ordering the second one

https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-XV272U-IPS-Monitor/dp/B07SHPJJZR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=acer+144hz&qid=1565035648&refinements=p_36%3A3000000-5500000&rnid=1318502031&s=computers&sr=1-5

It's only 1 available in stock so I guess I should be going for it soon

Ye i would go with that one for sure its even rated for a delta e below 2 so perfekt for foto work etc ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Ye i would go with that one for sure its even rated for a delta e below 2 so perfekt for foto work etc ^^

Thanks, man! All the information so far, they helped a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×