Macbook Killer Suggestions

Hi all.

So recently my laptop has started breaking, and while its being diagnosed I thought I should look at alternatives.

My friend suggested the Macbook Pro (note that he only has Apple computers). Now I think the 13inch base model would be the most expensive I can go, keeping in mind I need adapters.

I have a love/hate relationship with Apple. I've never owned an Apple product, I find them too expensive. However I really like Mac OS, and the features. I also like the way it's made, and the build quality (I'm aware the keyboards can break). Not to mention the screen, which is incredible.

Can anyone find a laptop that is better than the 13 inch base model Macbook Pro?

I use my laptop mainly for web browsing and working on Google Docs. I occasionally play a few games on it, probably Minecraft. And if I get a Windows PC I'll probably play offline CSGO (I'm terrible at CSGO if you're wondering)

TLDR: show me a Windows laptop that is better than the base model Macbook Pro

Note: it has to be 14 inch or under.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

If you want to hackingtosh, I've seen some great results with Huawei's matebooks

they look a lot like macbooks as well

Not looking to go Hackintosh, just want a Windows computer that can trade blows with that Macbook.

1 hour ago, Mr_Argon said:

TLDR: show me a Windows laptop that is better than the base model Macbook Pro

huawei matebook x pro

Huawei Matebook 13. 

only downside to the 13 is the IO

both better than macbooks in almost every regard. 

Isn’t a real “MacBook killer” the strength is the OS and build quality. Only guys that match build quality are Razer (stupidly expensive) and every other laptop runs W10. 

also you don’t need google docs on MacOS it comes with pages, keynote and numbers 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Isn’t a real “MacBook killer” the strength is the OS and build quality. Only guys that match build quality are Razer (stupidly expensive) and every other laptop runs W10. 

also you don’t need google docs on MacOS it comes with pages, keynote and numbers 

I do need Google Docs, most of my work is on there, and I can't move it, because its school files,  not mine

10 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Only guys that match build quality are Razer

Exterior? yes. Interior? no, both suck

20 hours ago, Mr_Argon said:

However I really like Mac OS

If you really need macOS, your options are clear

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Interior wise they’re both fine. You get what you need you just have to know what you need to get the correct model. That being said with Apple you’re paying the extra for MacOS. With Razer you’re paying for chroma?...

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I don't need macOS, I just think it's a really smooth OS. I'm quite happy to stick to Windows if it means better performance.