Replace drive and new drive not recognized?

MeDownYou

I picked up an old gateway computer the other day, and was going to shove an ssd in it temporarily. I unhooked the hdd and hooked up the ssd and can not get it to be recognized. I have bios set to boot from disks first. The ssd in question has a full OS and was working on my bench, so i'm not quite sure what the issue is here. Any help greatly appreciated. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

I picked up an old gateway computer the other day, and was going to shove an ssd in it temporarily. I unhooked the hdd and hooked up the ssd and can not get it to be recognized. I have bios set to boot from disks first. The ssd in question has a full OS and was working on my bench, so i'm not quite sure what the issue is here. Any help greatly appreciated. 

If the OS installed on the SSD was installed from a different computer, with different chipset, it won't work. You have to reinstall windows on it from scratch.

Load a W10 USB key installer and see if it's detected if yes just reinstall windows brand new on it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync