What is wrong?

Oalei

Well I found R9 270X selling for like quite cheap, but it have a problem black screen after plating games for like 10min,the thing is it's pretty dirty maybe I could just clean it and it will worked. Well I just want your opinion on it. If you need a further information maybe I could just ask.

possible thermal throttle problem, removing the cooler and cleaning with fresh thermal paste might fix the whole thing

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

possible thermal throttle problem, removing the cooler and cleaning with fresh thermal paste might fix the whole thing

Well, I just double checked and it seems, 50/50. Maybe thermalpads on like memory chip is causing it, I mean its kinda clean? 

Screenshot_2019-08-04-09-15-16-17.png

Edited by Oalei

7 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well, I just double checked and it seems, 50/50. Maybe thermalpads on like memory chip is causing it, I mean its kinda clean? 

you could ask the buyer if they ever checked temps

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

35 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well I found R9 270X selling for like quite cheap, but it have a problem black screen after plating games for like 10min,the thing is it's pretty dirty maybe I could just clean it and it will worked. Well I just want your opinion on it. If you need a further information maybe I could just ask.

This is what happens you peep buy used stuff, especially video cards, the fact that you don't know what abuse he gave the card before it reached your hands.  If you get a black screen and not a shut down then its your video card dying and PSU might be,, might I said be dying imo.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

9 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

This is what happens you peep buy used stuff, especially video cards, the fact that you don't know what abuse he gave the card before it reached your hands.  If you get a black screen and not a shut down then its your video card dying and PSU might be,, might I said be dying imo.

I don't want to spend so much money on PC so the less the better, want to make like 250usd system with my 3 1200 less than 300usd is what I aim for. 

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Sounds like someone mined 24/7 with it and when it started failing he put it on ebay for $50 (or whatever you paid for, but strangely cheap I'm guess) just to get rid of it.

Repaste and clean the heatsink but if the problem persists you've got a card that's entering a coma so to speak.

35usd but it's still quite a lot so maybe I could take it down to 21usd which is 300k IDR maybe I'm willing to pay for it. 

Haven't answered what temps it got while gaming or getting stress test. 

Edited by Oalei

21 hours ago, Caroline said:

Sounds like someone mined 24/7 with it and when it started failing he put it on ebay for $50 (or whatever you paid for, but strangely cheap I'm guess) just to get rid of it.

Repaste and clean the heatsink but if the problem persists you've got a card that's entering a coma so to speak.

22 hours ago, fasauceome said:

you could ask the buyer if they ever checked temps

Well it's 60-70ish is what the seller said probably a dead card so nvm, if its cheap enough maybe I will try to change the thermalpads.