• Other
    • Pandora
  2. 2. Do you pay for it?

• Free
    • Payed
    • I already told you that I dont use one :D

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Queen Chrysallis said:

I think they change it tho, it was skippable at the beginning then the button got grayed out at some point then it started getting 2-3 ads in a row without being able to skip and i just couldn't take it anymore lmao

Thats savage

HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

Almost all of my music is recorded/downloaded livestreams, and the few random songs I want (so far less than 100) I just download from YouTube. Everything is on my computer, and because my phone (64 GB) is almost full (and because I'm to lazy to convert them to mp3 or m4a :P) not everything is on my phone, just the best ones. In fact, I've recorded and/or downloaded these every week (that they were there) for the past more than 5 years, but haven't heard anything (apart from when live) from 2018 or 2019 yet... still a lot to go through and sort (gigabytes upon gigabytes), but no time and if time effort... :P

Anyways, up until now I've always been really happy with these livestreams. I use VLC on my computer, and whichever music app isn't broken on my phone (I've gone through 5 or so by now...). As I will go to university in a month, my music listening time will likely increase (travel), so I'll probably need to sort out the newer streams to keep things new. :P Fortunately I'll likely have a new phone by then too (256 GB), so I should have some more space. :)

I have never used a (paid) streaming service, except obviously Twitch, and sometimes YouTube for the regular stuff. Paying is bleh imo, and even if I had spotify I wouldn't know which songs to listen to. :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I like being the exception to the rule again: I don't listen to music, streaming or otherwise.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i dont listen to music outside, and when im at home, i listen to good'ol foobar 2000.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

52 minutes ago, floofer said:

Apple Music >>>>>> Spotify. Sorry guys. Theres also no question of premium vs free music services when it comes to annoying ads, or choice. 

I'd probably use Apple Music if the iTunes client didn't suck ass on Windows.

Local dickhead and VHS collector. Less than avid Team Fortress 2 player.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 75% (content loudness 2.6dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, floofer said:

hopefully its getting an overhaul like the Apple Music app. 

I guess at some point it will. Makes zero sense for Apple to go on supporting iTunes on Win. Even android has the  music app.

HELP the LTT F@H TEAM FIGHT COVID-19!! Its easy: 

Spotify Premium + 600GB cd collection

Also have Google with YouTube Premium but barely use it outside of backuping uses.

Instead I stream with something called Astiga: https://asti.ga/

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Becaus I also like Jazz and always like something new. But ok the internet part I understand for sure 

Although stuff like this is what I'm into these days.

I tend to reply with memes because I lack social skills and don't know how to express myself correctly.

I use Google Play Music. Been trying to move away from it considering the inevitable trainwreck that's gonna be YouTube Music, but it's extremely difficult. Tried moving my entire library over to Spotify a few weeks ago and didn't realise it maxed out at 10k songs, which is only about half my library.

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

4 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

I use Google Play Music. Been trying to move away from it considering the inevitable trainwreck that's gonna be YouTube Music, but it's extremely difficult. Tried moving my entire library over to Spotify a few weeks ago and didn't realise it maxed out at 10k songs, which is only about half my library.

WTF only 10k? 

Google Play has 100k limit. 

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

WTF only 10k? 

Google Play has 100k limit. 

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. That, and the fact that I can't upload my local library, which has a lot of obscure stuff that can't be found on any streaming service, makes it really difficult to move away from GPM.

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

Spotify for Free. Will have to get Premium someday because those ads start to get f**** anoying.

Make sure to Quote or mention me (@Pascal...) if you want me to see your reply or Content such as Status Updates, Threads, Album entries or Blog Posts.
My Tech:

Spoiler

Phone: Oppo Reno 2Z 128GB in luminous Black

Game Console: Nintendo Switch Lite in Grey w/ Avantree C51 Bluethooth adapter for the Headphones

Headphones: Sony WH-H900N in Grey

IoT Devices: Raspberry Pi 4 4GB w/ armor case 

Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2S in Blue

Mousepad: Logitech G840

Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB

Display: Dell P2416D

Temporary PC as of right now:

Case: HP Tower

Mobo: HP Custom

CPU: i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz

RAM: 14GB of DDR3 @ 1666MHz

GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 1800

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB

PSU: HP Custom 350W

Other Tech:

Scooter: Xiaomi Mi Pro Electric Scooter

Toothbrush: Xiaomi Mi Electric Toothbrush

Lighting in my room: 3x Xiaomi Yeelight Smart RGB light bulbs

Electric Razor: Philips OneBlade Face & Body

Smartwatch: Garmin Fenix 5X Saphire Edition

11 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. That, and the fact that I can't upload my local library, which has a lot of obscure stuff that can't be found on any streaming service, makes it really difficult to move away from GPM.

That's the tricky part, isn't it?  iTunes beats Spotify with a 100,000-song limit, but iTunes Match (the service that you'd want to cover your local library) is, of course, limited to whatever songs are available on the iTunes Store.

I use the spotify browser app in firefox on my pc (for adblock), contolled by the desktop app (for the better UI).   It's basically free premium without the audio quality bump.  Mobile still sucks tho.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

I've used Youtube for all my music needs for the past 10 or so years. I did sign up for Spotify this week but haven't felt the need to actually use it.

2019 Build - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Noctua NH-D15S | Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB @ CL16 3533 MHz 1.35V) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 | Fractal Design Design Define R6 USB-C Blackout | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Browns

2014 Build (Retired)- Intel Core i5-4690S | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Ducky Shine 5 with Cherry MX Browns

I bounce around a lot between services. I think they all have strengths and weaknesses. 

Slacker Radio: This was the first streaming service I used. Pandora at the time just wasn't that good. Its been bought out by a company who changed it so much that I will never go back.

Pandora: Pandora has 5-6 stations that are perfect. After 10 years of thumbs down and up, they have a very good idea of what I like and do a great job of it. The downside is that There is hardly any new music on my stations. They don't stray very far from my thumbs ups. I love it though for just turning it on and listening to music. Not having to search for what I want to listen to is nice. Sound quality is also a huge negative. Its terrible.

Spotify: I love the service but hate the interface. I hate how hard it is to find music in my library. I click on library and its just a mess of playlists, albums, and artists. I love the weekly discovery playlist. Out of the 20 or so songs on it every week, I find 3-5 that I end up liking a lot. 

Apple Music: I like the selection better than Spotify. I hate that they don't account for song versions though. For instance I could be listening to a Red Hot Chili Peppers album. For some random reason, it will play the live version of a song instead of what is supposed to be on the album. I also CANNOT STAND that it screws with my local music library. Replacing songs for whatever reason. 

Apple Music

I paid 0.99$ per month on a student subscribtion. While Spotify may have better playlist recommendation, I started to notice they remove some of my favorite songs in the library, so I simply move back to Apple Music on all my devices (Android included)

PC Rig: GOLDEN HOUR

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 4GHz @ All Cores -- Motherboard: ASUS X470 TUF Plus Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3200 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070

PSU: Seasonic Focus 650W 80 Plus Gold -- Case: Xigmatek Venom

Monitor: Dell P2719H -- Keyboard: IKBC CD87 Cherry MX Blue -- Mouse: Logitech G603 Lightspeed

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme - i7 8750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 RAM | 1TB SSD | 4K HDR With Dolby Vision

Apple Music is included in my cell plan, so I use that. Prior to that I used Spotify, which I paid for at student discount pricing.

IMO, Apple Music is better. The app is more stable on all devices, and does a lot less algorithmic BS to pick songs. I actually found a lot of songs from my favorite artists that I never heard on Spotify.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2014 Macbook Air i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

3 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

What is the difference between Spotify Free and Paid beside no ads for paid? 

Paid version also allows you to select tracks rather than just shuffle. 

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2014 Macbook Air i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは